How does Roose Bolton know that Arya is alive and being returned to her family?

Clifford Terry

In SoS, when Roose Bolton is talking to Jamie and Brienne, he tells them that Arya has been found and being returned to her mother. How has he come by this knowledge? The Brotherhood has been harassing the Brave Companions along with everyone else and they clearly don't trust the 'Flayed Man' or share information with him.

In the end, when Jaime returns to King's Landing, he runs into a girl getting ready for a trip, and she claims to be Arya Stark, but Jaime realizes that this girl was a bit older than Arya and didn't have some of Arya's features. She says she is going back north and she is to marry Roose's no longer bastard son Ramsay, making him Lord of Winterfell.

But we know where Arya is, and Cersei and company have no idea where she is or whether she is dead or alive.

This is one of Littlefinger's ploys probably to secure peace with Roose and the north and who knows what else because its Littlefinger. I believe the girl pretending to be Arya might be Jeyne Poole, Sansa's friend from the first book, who was taken away after Ned's arrest.

spoiler from ADWD...could please someone just direct me to a specific topic for this, if there is any, or just respond me in a spoiler or even send me a pm ???

how is it that roose, after giving that lecture to reek, about how peasants vs. highborn peeps talk , didn't get that there was something about his cupbearer ???

thanks

spoiler from ADWD...could please someone just direct me to a specific topic for this, if there is any, or just respond me in a spoiler or even send me a pm ???

how is it that roose, after giving that lecture to reek, about how peasants vs. highborn peeps talk , didn't get that there was something about his cupbearer ???

thanks

Arya had been pretending to be a peasant since she left KL. Which would include changing her speechpatterns. She always made friends with lowborn people even back when she was still with her family. Like Mycah the butchers boy. So she know how they speak. She is apparantly a pretty good actor already back then.

Archived