World Of Warcraft - Prelude to Pandas

Greywolf2375

My account has been unsubbed since April and I just got an invite to the Draenor beta (that I never opted in to) in my e-mail. Blizzard, you tricky fuckers!

Not sure whether I will dust off to try to play it or not. My stance on WOW betas has been to not waste my time with them because that'd only make me burn out that much sooner once it hits live. But this time, since I haven't really been playing...

I think it's a historic thing with Blizzard, so if you signed up for a beta in the past it will automatically set you as signed for the next one, might be wrong though. It happened to me with Hearthstone.

Careful. There are a lot of scam emails just looking to get your account info. The only way you'd get a beta invite is if you signed yourself for beta tests under your account settings.

Ser, I appreciate the warning, but you can be assured that this is not my first rodeo.

I did sign up for the Hearthstone beta, so I think that got the Warcraft box checked even though I never expressed any interest in WOW betas. I remain convinced they are deliberately trying to tempt me, however!

• 3 months later...

Archived