Crackpot (or not) theories you think are so nuts, they actually piss you off.

LadyoftheNorth72

Sansa + Jon Snow marriage ahead.

3 heads of the Dragon = Drogo, Daario & Hizdahr (well, they all ride Dany, who refers to herself as The Dragon).

In the trial of the faith vs Margery - the Faith use Lancel as champion; Margery gets Jaime (through default as the only kingsguard around); neither in a fit state to fight,a nd Lancel never having any particular skill at arms in the first place, and not willing to become a kinslayer - Jaime having slightly fewer qualms there, and a good reason to hate his cousin.

They may be my own crackpots, but they amuse and infuriate me pretty much equally

Sansa + Jon Snow marriage ahead.

I know I'm the minority, but I'm actually quite pissed everytime somebody says "i don't like X + Y" because it would be incest.

First, it's freaking fiction. Second, it happens/ed in real world, too. Third, consentient adults can do whatever they want.

I like Jon + Sansa/Dany way more than I like stuff like Dany + Drogo, which is just incredibly creepy. It's not a perfect romance, just stockholm syndrome.

EDIT: Also, every time somebody says that Gendry will become king/lord of Storm's End. Folks, he WON'T. This is not the freaking Belgariad. Gendry is a baseborn bastard who can't even read. and he's also boring. Face it.

Everyone is Targeryan. And they all will recognize each other by a beauty spot, no doubt. And cry: "Luke, I'm your father, brother, sister, cousin and also, probaly, fiance". And fall into each other's arms weeping.

It already happened with Quentyn.

I know I'm the minority, but I'm actually quite pissed everytime somebody says "i don't like X + Y" because it would be incest.

First, it's freaking fiction. Second, it happens/ed in real world, too. Third, consentient adults can do whatever they want.

I like Jon + Sansa/Dany way more than I like stuff like Dany + Drogo, which is just incredibly creepy. It's not a perfect romance, just stockholm syndrome.

EDIT: Also, every time somebody says that Gendry will become king/lord of Storm's End. Folks, he WON'T. This is not the freaking Belgariad. Gendry is a baseborn bastard who can't even read. and he's also boring. Face it.

Jon/Sansa is incredibly creepy. Not only were they raised as brother and sister, but Jon actually looks like Ned and the rest of the Starks.

Jon/Dany, on the other hand, isn't creepy. It may be incest if R+L=J, yes, but they weren't raised together.

Neiher were Sansa and Jon raised together, for the last couple of years. Or Jon and Arya.

And Gendry is a severely boring. Even more so than the Darkstar. We didn't have to read that mayn chapters about the Darkstar.

Neiher were Sansa and Jon raised together, for the last couple of years. Or Jon and Arya.
I think you cannot discard 12/10 years spent together as children when you're talking of "not being raised together", these being the formative years and all that, that would be incredibly dishonest.

They were raised together as children for eleven years (nine for Jon and Arya). A relationship between them would be creepy. People who were raised together do not end up having sexual relationships (Cersei and Jaime are the exception). And regardless, there has been no build up whatsoever regarding a Sansa and Jon relationship.

Where do you even get this Jon/Sansa stuff? I can understand Jon/Arya (when she grows up and if they are not actual siblings, naturally), because they obviously like each other a lot. But Sansa? Why? I mean... why?

That will be my crackpot champion, from now on :).

I can understand Jon/Arya (when she grows up and if they are not actual siblings, naturally), because they obviously like each other a lot.
I don't think it's knowing they are blood related that prevents Jon from making love to Arya and inversely. Can't a guy like his sister without it being twisted into romantic feelings? Creepy.

I don't think it's knowing they are blood related that prevents Jon from making love to Arya and inversely. Can't a guy like his sister without it being twisted into romantic feelings? Creepy.

Knowing that she is nine must also be quite a damper :). And that oath he swore. And the fact that they are on different continents now.

Sure, a guy can like his sister without being in love with her (if the guy's name isn't Jaime :D ). He can like a lot of women, in fact, and not be in love with them. What is you point, exactly? That Arya is his sister? That was my "if".

I remembered another one. Sandor and Sansa had sex the night of the Blackwater battle. And then they, obviously, suffered some sort of amnesia and forgot about it. Simultaneously.

I can't say it pisses me of. It just baffles me. Big time.

I agree with most of you. First, we thought that, after Viserys's death, the last surviving Targ is Dany. Although, I think that Aegon is real enough, please stop with these theories that Tyrion is a secret Targ, Cersei and Jaime are secret Tags borne out of wedlock. There is no evidence to back it up, of course it is referred to that Aerys wanted Joanna Lannister badly but no information about Joanna wanting to have anything to do with the late king.

In addition, i find those theories very weird which assume that there's going to be something between Ayra and Jon or Sansa and Jon. Based on my readings, there is nothing to indicate that Jon might feel toward his siblings, especially toward Arya, in an incestuous way. Even if R+L=J, why would it be 100 % sure that Jon wants Arya for the single reason that she is the younger version of Lyanna Stark? Weird.

Oh, and in connection with Lyanna Stark, I should mention the theories regarding Septa Mordane as well. Lyanna Stark is dead, there is no way she could be the septa. If I were to chosse a possible candidate for the Young Griff's instructor it would more like be Ashara Dayne in a disguise, but, then why Connington does not refer to her in his POV as Ashara, so it might be that the septa is just a random person.

Sorry if what i wrote is not coherent enough, i was quite in a rush.

cheers for all of you

Where do you even get this Jon/Sansa stuff? I can understand Jon/Arya (when she grows up and if they are not actual siblings, naturally), because they obviously like each other a lot. But Sansa? Why? I mean... why?

That will be my crackpot champion, from now on :).

You and I think the whole other way around... Jon and Arya are too brother and sister, that even if Jon was indeed just a cousin, it's not very likely that they'd get over it. Jon and Sansa are a bit more likely to accept that they're cousins, making it less weird. As to where it came from? Jon = Sansa's song. Crackpot, and I support it, hahaha. But of course, readers are seeing this differently, because we might know (or think) that they're cousins, but for the length of the books, they still do see each other as siblings even if they don't see each other physically.

Back on topic, here's another vote for "everyone is a secret Targaryen". Especially Tyrion. What bothers me is that there *is* a legit reason for thinking of this, and the possibility of it being official is unnerving.

Every time there is gas dissolving into another gas and there is any kind of food or salt water in the immediate vicinity (or the greater geographical area) another AA is reborn.

Everybody is a Targ because apparently Targaryens could get women pregnent by looking at them.

Everybody wants to fuck their sister, brother, father, mother, cousin, aunt, grandfather and so on.

Oh, and in connection with Lyanna Stark, I should mention the theories regarding Septa Mordane as well.

You mean Septa Lenore, do you?

Well, since there are theories in which Rhaegar is Mance rayder and Sam Tarly is Aegon, I don't think is that weird. Anyway, Septa Lenore is likely Ashara Dayne ;)

People actually ship Jon and his little sisters? Thats sick.

Not, it's just funnier than classical Jon+Dany. I don't ship them myself, but they're fictional character and everybody has the right to ship whoever he wants to. Thereìs no need to insult other people or to call them sick, pervert, insane or whatever.

Archived