Mafia 84: The Festival of Lights

House Targaryen

It is Day One. Sixteen Players Remain.

Nine votes are required to lynch or eight to go to night.

1 vote for John Hyrcanus (John Gaddi)

3 votes for John Gaddi (Judah Maccabee, John Hyrcanus, Menelaus)

1 vote for Judah Maccabee (Jonathan Maccabee)

1 vote for Mattathias (Lysimachus)

2 votes for Menelaus (Mattathias, Aristobulus)

1 vote for Aristobulus (Simeon)

Seven players have not voted: Antonin, Chana, Eleazar Maccabee, Eusebon, Guriah, Habim, Onias

Items in the pot:

Hanukkah gelt x ?

Oil (E) x 2

Candle (P) x 2

Jelly (E) x 1

Today, Lysimachus will spin the dreidl.

There has been a lot of confusion over this, so I'll just make a public announcement in the thread:

If you are a roleless innocent, you cannot perform any actions other than ones that are publicly listed in the Abilities section.

Not to crush your hopes, but that means that items like jelly that are not require to perform any RI abilities will not grant you any secret superpowers.

Damn it.

So, if I can't use my jelly. I am going to give it to whoever would convince me of being really-really innocent.

Just try to convince me.

I am definitely going to get rid of this before end of day.

@Matt

Why get rid of it when you don't know what it does? What if giving it to the wrong person does more damage than holding onto it?

You have to figure out who can use it and what they can do with it, like make one of the special items, but even the person who makes the jelly donuts can't use them, they add them to the pot and then anyone can bid on them.

Guriah - you sound very sure of how this works. Did I miss in the rules that this is absolutely how it works? I mean, I have ideas and speculation, but you sound certain.

I have put it together based on what is given. A RI cannot use the items, someone must be able to. Looking a the descriptions and information given, I put this together.

Guriah - you sound very sure of how this works. Did I miss in the rules that this is absolutely how it works? I mean, I have ideas and speculation, but you sound certain.

I agree whole heartedly. Where do you see this rule, and what makes you so sure? (twirling my moustache)

Regarding the jelly donuts:

Shmooze (Cost: Sufganiot (E) x 1)

These delicious jelly donuts will win anyone over. Offer this to the player of your choice, and from the next morning onward, you'll be able to chat privately with that person in a secret forum (until one of you dies, that is). Neither of your alignments will be revealed to each other.

Seems like the person who makes them can use them from this rule.

Oh wow, that was not too much explanation, I was merely checking in, but had to go to work. wouldn't want to be one of those, "hasn't posted yet, he must be scum" first day victims.

Anyways... I'll just go ahead and vote John Gaddi, too many johns at the moment. Now let's start reading all of these rules and posts carefully. See if i missed something.

Doubling down on the over wrought explanations, I see.

Meh, I just didn't like the feeling of the noose Gaddi wanted to put around my neck. What's an OMGUS vote?

Well thank you for that brief explaination. Why do I think Gaddi is scummy? Simple.

Someone so callous as to lynch me over a name must be evil.

Hey Debbie Defensive, are you really as unnerved as you seem by that opening post vote?

Regarding the jelly donuts:

Seems like the person who makes them can use them from this rule.

So, you think it's likely that the person who can make the doughnuts passes them out? Or rather, once you are in possession of said doughnut, you may choose who you wish to feed it to?

Are you aware of the various roles in the game? Do you know for certain there IS someone who makes the doughnuts, and they're not an item that will show up in the pot every so often? Did I miss a list somewhere or something? Please clarify the basis for you knowledge?

I agree whole heartedly. Where do you see this rule, and what makes you so sure? (twirling my moustache)

So, you think it's likely that the person who can make the doughnuts passes them out? Or rather, once you are in possession of said doughnut, you may choose who you wish to feed it to?

Are you aware of the various roles in the game? Do you know for certain there IS someone who makes the doughnuts, and they're not an item that will show up in the pot every so often? Did I miss a list somewhere or something? Please clarify the basis for you knowledge?

I enjoy fishing as much as the next guy, but g-d damn.

Archived