Mafia 84: The Festival of Lights

House Targaryen

Here's what Eusebon said he did with his gelt.

I have 10 gelts. I started out with 20, gave 15 to Aristobulus, and used counterfeit (having 5 chocalte coins) to get another 5 from the pot.

He also said he was giving oil to JonMac last night. Which would mean he started with oil, 5 chocolate coins, and 20 gelt. Why did everyone start off with more stuff than me? I feel gipped.

MOD: Would we be told if anyone won any of the gelt in a bid?

Am I wrong, or did the rules not state that you can't bid on gelt in the pot?

Guriah and I were the only ones doubting his story last night. I'm still not happy, and if he is innocent and is the healer, I'll apologize for not letting this drop (you too by the way). But there are too many inconsistencies in his story and the way he does things that I'm not satisfied.

Guriah and I had to let it be though. Good came out of it - we found scum.

I'm not 100% on this healer business either, but I don't know if he's my top suspect at the moment...

I would like Eusebon, and trust me I've been wanting him since day one so I can't believe I'm defending him here, but he voted Antonin last night. He was the third one on him when the other very viable train was Judah. Since there were 6 needed and he was number 3 and knew that we could go either way, why would he vote on Antonin if he was his partner?

I mean I know partner distancing theories and all that, but there really wouldn't have been anything suspicious about it if he would have gone Judah.

I'm not saying it clears him, just seems like an odd thing to do.

Either I'm just very impressionable at the moment, or this is a really good point.

Interesting exchange with Menelaus:

this makes sense.. but then who?

I can't believe i am not going to vote Judah right away... have to ponder it through before I do it.

Sorry if this has been addressed before, or answered in any way... but why didn't the healer target aristo again? if they felt, for two nights in a row, that he was somehow a very plausible target? was it because they had already announced it?

Because Astro told him to heal me as he was transferring his latke to me and I was the high bidder (I reported the most g in thread) for the new latke. I now have both latkes and will be using them tonight if we fail to lynch the final FM.

There are 3 possible FM: Eleanzar, Eusebon and You (Menelaus)

Ok, I see...

wow.. wouldn't you even try to soften it up for me.. LOL!

Also.. Guriah, I would like to hear your case against me and eleazar. Since Judah's has been so broadly discussed.

And to all others do you feel the lynch has to be as Guriah says it is? Because if it is.. then I'll have to be choosing between Judah and Eleazar... and have to make up my mind between the one i've been thinking this whole time, except along comes new info.. or the one that, imo, hasn't been at all useful

This just seems off to me, and a little over defensive at the start. And he goes back and forth with the Judah thing, first he acknowledges it, then forgets in a few minutes

*sighs* now wil say it...

I currently have nothing in my possession.. gave some of my gelt away on night 1, then gave you a vegetable oil on night 2, I think it was night 2 yes... bought the vegetable oil yesterday, and then last night gave it to you as well...

How much did you give and to whom? and why? How much did you pay for the two oils?

So, here's where I stand:

Tier 1: Mel, Judah, JoMacc

Tier 2: Eusebon

Tier 3: Chana, Guriah, Eleazer

I'm conflicted about JoMacc. I want him to be innocent, but I'm wary of his claim. People seemed ready to off him last night until the healer claim came out, and then he was kinda off the table then - but his claim is iffy and not provable. Guriah is still alive, however, so that's a point in his favour (I think?)

I like Chana's point about Eusebon voting for Ant. I agree that it would have been just as viable for him to place his vote on Judah, so the flip revealing Ant as a killer leads me to believe Eusebon wouldn't have voted for him if he was also scum and there was another option that wouldn't put him under suspicion (in this case Judah). That's why Eusebon is on my 2nd tier and not my 1st.

I also don't get any scum vibes from Eleazer. I feel like he's just been playinng fairly cautiously (maybe because of his late entrance into the game?)

I'm not sure where I fall with Judah & Mel. I think I'll have to re-read their posts before I can form an opinion. I think my vote will probably be on one of those two today (unless someone presents a better case for someone else?)

So why doesn't the Oil take you off the list? I said in the thread I recd the oil, so anyone can claim that and with so many dead, it is hard to prove. I never said in the thread how much gold I got or when, until after people said they gave it too me.

For the record, you have not been on my suspect list, but it was gut that kept you off.

I told you before I gave you oil. On night two along with the 10g. (I tried to get the candle so I'd be useful, but Ariso outbid me by 1 g.)

Clearing my head before I turn in for the night:

First, where was the heal? Second, why is the 'healer' not dead? -_-

I can't comment on Eleazar1's take on Habim - I'm not sure if he was online for the lynch, and I didn't take over until Day 1 was completely finished (including night actions - this toon did nothing on night 1 - I could not bid on items or transfer money until night 2). However, I've stated my belief in an Antonin-Eusebon team multiple times. I'd have voted for Antonin yesterday if the chips were arranged differently when I left, but it was pretty obvious that Judah would vote for Antonin (which he did) and my vote would have put him in position for hammer while effectively taking Judah out of the equation. I made the conservative play. Pretty sure that's been me all game (as far as I've actually been in it).

I've been pretty isolated this whole game after missing day 1. I have little to no "cred" with anyone, because until last night I had not traded away nor received any items or gelt. I came out of my quiet corner yesterday to try and keep us from making what I thought were two potentially game-losing blunders: First, killing a claimed healer, and second, putting too much faith in that claimed healer and potentially losing TWO town because of it.

Lynch me, vig kill me, whatever you want - we have wiggle room now, so it really doesn't matter. If you honestly think I'm guilty, then do it and clear the air. I've given my Zeus idol away. I'd strongly suggest that the person who received it not reveal they have it, since with the healer alive (if he's actually a healer - considering I went out a limb for him yesterday, I sure hope he is) and a fair number of oils/candles around it could still be a problem. I still have all of my gelt (the 20 I started with) - I bid it all on the Thor idol tonight but did not win it. Do not completely discount that idol just because we probably only have 1 FM left - symps can use it too! It clearly says 'an evil player' can use it, not FM only like the Zeus idol.

I'm not going to spend all day defending myself, so this is all you'll get out of me responding to the various finger-pointing:

Interesting, considering his posts about me were the same as his posts about everyone else - essentially parroting whatever the flavor-of-the-minute theories were. I specifically asked him about Onias and Simeon, because I had good reason to believe the first was town (everyone was jumping on him for the idol claim, which makes no sense in the first place - but as another town with an idol I had absolutely zero reason to suspect he was lying or scummy) and I didn't particularly like the way the Simeon train was going.

Which brings me to point 2:

Chana's reasoning is pretty logical. Which is funny, because in the midst of my paranoid breakdown yesterday - I was actually kicking around the idea of a Chana-Antonin team (it's in the spoiler thread). As for myself, I've already stated my reasons or lack thereof for not voting Habim and Antonin. My other two votes were on the people I most strongly believed to be scum at the time - NOT the easy train on folks that ended up resulting not-a-killer (Simeon and Gaddi). Anyone who is still entertaining the possibility of a symp as reason to not vote for someone should be able to admit that Simeon and Gaddi were both town. A+B=?????

Anyway, I haven't checked the math on Guriah's plan, but I'm fine with it until doing so reveals some horrible hole I've yet to notice. The only suggestion I might add is that: if it comes down to a second lynch that you take the Thor idol into consideration. As far as I can tell there's no way it can play into today, since it was just bid on last night. If Guriah's bid on the latke went through, we'll have to assume scum got the idol (it had to have gone to someone with more than the base 20 gelt, as I bid that much and did not win). If the idol is played tonight and tomorrow's lynch is the symp - whoever hammers will die.

I've never thought much about Eleazar because well he's not around much. Says felt isolated because didn't join in until day 2 and didn't have cred, but didn't really attempt to join in as noted except to advise us against the vig kill plan and idol.

But these two posts struck me as odd, and I don't know if I'm just reading suspicion everywhere now, but they don't feel very genuine to me. The bolded parts are what struck me as odd. As far as I remember no one's even questioned Eleazar. Last night Aristo did float around Eleazar as possible symp but it was a prospect that was brought up to think about and wasn't even pushed. Menelaus was brought up for the same reason. So why the "lynch me, kill me" response? Strikes me as odd. Yes, I realize I said a similar thing on day two, but that was after receiving quite a bit of suspicion that I knew was detrimental to finding innocents. Gaddi did something similar right before he died...can't remember exactly what it was, but again he was about to be lynched.

Why say you're not going to spend all day defending yourself? I don't even remember being pressed about anything. Yes a possible theory has been floated, but seriously, this is day 5, almost every one of us still here has spent more than one day under scrutiny, answering for everything we've done and said, and a possibility of taking a look at you sets you on edge?

I don't know what to make of this.

Archived