Small Questions XIII

Angalin

I have heard there are as many as 4 Dunk descendants roaming around Westeros...I wonder what the story is behind that though. I mean, she is the 4th kid for Lord Tarth...

This is the only confirmation that I have seen and it seems to refer to only one descendant (although I have read in the forums that their may be four, but I think that is speculation, gossip, whatever you want to call it)

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Entry/Dunks_Descendants/

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Entry/Mysterious_Galaxy_Signing_San_Diego/

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Entry/US_Signing_Tour_Dayton_OH/

Just rereading AGoT for probably my 9th time. Usually during every reread I notice something entirely new that I didn't the time before. This time is was something very interesting that I just needed to talk about with someone, thank god for you amazing people. Anyway, to the point, when the counsel is discussing how best to kill Dany after learning of her pregnancy, someone suggests hiring the faceless men. Littlefinger then responds that that would be to expensive. He says something along the lines of (Not exact quote) "We could hire an army of sell-swords for a tenth of the price, and that's just what it would cost for a merchant who knows what it would cost for a Princess." He says merchant. Could it be possible that he tried hiring the faceless men to kill Illyrio? I was always curious to know whether or not Petyr and Varys were actually enemies.

Here is the quote:

“Do you have any idea how costly they are?” Littlefinger complained. “You could hire an army of common sellswords for half the price, and that’s for a merchant. I don’t dare think what they might ask for a princess.”

I guess really it could mean anything. Sure, maybe he tried to have Illyrio killed--but I would think in that case, Illyrio would be dead. Seems like the FM are fairly proficient.

Here is the quote:

“Do you have any idea how costly they are?” Littlefinger complained. “You could hire an army of common sellswords for half the price, and that’s for a merchant. I don’t dare think what they might ask for a princess.”

I guess really it could mean anything. Sure, maybe he tried to have Illyrio killed--but I would think in that case, Illyrio would be dead. Seems like the FM are fairly proficient.

Thanks, It does make me wonder why he would phrase it that way. Littlefinger never says anything arbitrarily it seems, so why would he say it like that?

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but...

If Robb did legimitise Jon, andif Jeyne Westerling really is pregnant with Robb's heir, then who would have the best claim to Winterfell? I know there are a lot of "ifs" there, but this question has been bugging me for a while. Any ideas?

Petrichor - That's a tough one! I would say that Robb's heir has the claim. After all, Robb was the king first, so it should fall to his child, not his brother. Sort of like when Robert Baratheon died. Everyone just assumed that Joffrey was his, so the Iron Throne went to him, rather then Stannis or Renly.

If Robb did legimitise Jon, andif Jeyne Westerling really is pregnant with Robb's heir, then who would have the best claim to Winterfell? I know there are a lot of "ifs" there, but this question has been bugging me for a while. Any ideas?

It depends on the wording of the will. Robb was afraid that when he died without issue Winterfell would go to the Lannisters, through the marriage of Sansa to Tyrion. But I suspect he would not want to exclude that his own future heir would be set aside. He probably included a condition.

Robb's true born son would be his heir, his (legitimized) brother Jon would come next if his son produced no heir, then Bran and Rickon.

Archived