Shae

MsSand

First, I have to admit that I did not read GoT. I watched the series, then read through the other four books. So it is possible I missed something in the book, or the TV show added something that wasnt in the book. But here is my question.....

Did it seem like there was a build up to Shae's back story that was never developed? When she was in the tent with Tyrion and Bronn they all played a question game. Shae made it seem that she was not from a poor family or that she had fallen on hard times. She said she was not out to see the world. So why was she hanging around the camp??

She also became upset when Tyrion mentioned her family and would not say where she was from. Why was this left to be a secret if we never found out these answers??

I had some vague assumptions of what she may have been hiding but now, it seems we will never know. Why even include that dialogue?

First, I have to admit that I did not read GoT. I watched the series, then read through the other four books. So it is possible I missed something in the book, or the TV show added something that wasnt in the book. But here is my question.....

Did it seem like there was a build up to Shae's back story that was never developed? When she was in the tent with Tyrion and Bronn they all played a question game. Shae made it seem that she was not from a poor family or that she had fallen on hard times. She said she was not out to see the world. So why was she hanging around the camp??

She also became upset when Tyrion mentioned her family and would not say where she was from. Why was this left to be a secret if we never found out these answers??

I had some vague assumptions of what she may have been hiding but now, it seems we will never know. Why even include that dialogue?

The scene you are describing is in the TV show. It is not in the book.(Edit: Shae was given a lot more background in the TV show.)

Archived