DC Area BWB Get Together

angie

I'm still good for Sunday.

I don't know any of the areas. I think I'm driving half way, and then the metro. Just tell me where to go.

If anyone is interested, I can bring my tarot cards too (I'm scary good at it)

will grrm be at the balticon?

I don't believe its on his list this year

So, are we still up for something this weekend? :)

I'm wondering the same thing. I hope so. it's rare that I take a day off from everything and I'm looking forward to meeting you guys.

My plan: Drive to Shady Grove, Metro to Bethesda, walk 2 blocks to lunch. sounds easy enough.

So who is still in?

Well, I'm still up for lunch Sunday if others are. I remember ambyr saying something about having family in town this weekend, so I'm not sure if she meant she wouldn't be able to do lunch at all.

I've had a very bad week, where some major things went wrong. Today was for me to relax, an it's all over day. But the gods are not that kind to me. Seems my little one managed to to turn the dome light on in my car and it was on for over 24 hours. Yes, my battery is dead. We are going to jump start it (when hubby gets up--works nights) but he doesn't want me to risk driving to an area we don't know and getting stuck with no one to help. Just one more crappy thing to add to my week. Pehaps tomorrow will be better. Can't be much worse (knock on wood)

Sorry to hear that. It doesn't sound like anyone else was going to be able to make it this time, anyhow. Oh well - I'm sure we'll get it together eventually. :)

Sorry to hear that. It doesn't sound like anyone else was going to be able to make it this time, anyhow. Oh well - I'm sure we'll get it together eventually. :)

Yeah, I suck. We went ahead and got a new battery (yeah)

You all ever thing of doing a meet between DC and Baltimore. There are a lot of Baltimore folks on the board, maybe if we met half way, say Columbia, we could do a big get together.

I seem to remember that bransplushie was in the area as well. Any idea what happened to him?

I'm not sure - I haven't seen him around the boards since the change - unless he changed user names.

You all ever thing of doing a meet between DC and Baltimore. There are a lot of Baltimore folks on the board, maybe if we met half way, say Columbia, we could do a big get together.

There's a restaurant I love right off the BW Parkway at the exit to Route 100. Best crab cakes I've ever had. I drove up there & back on Christmas Eve just so we could have them for dinner that night. :)

Yeah, I suck. We went ahead and got a new battery (yeah)

It's tricky to find places between DC and Baltimore that are public transit accessible, particularly since MARC doesn't run on weekends :-(.

Actually, there are GREAT restaurants in the Arundel Mills Mall area. Particularly Fuzio, a nice little Italian joint, plus DuClaw for it's homebrews (for all the beer snobs :P ), and a great Mexican joint in there that has fabulous Happy Hour specials (WOOT!).

Plus, it's only about 20-30 minutes from my house. :D

It's tricky to find places between DC and Baltimore that are public transit accessible, particularly since MARC doesn't run on weekends :-(.

If we do plan something in that area I'd be happy to give you a ride up that way. I'd have to go through DC anyhow. :)

Actually, there are GREAT restaurants in the Arundel Mills Mall area. Particularly Fuzio, a nice little Italian joint, plus DuClaw for it's homebrews (for all the beer snobs :P ), and a great Mexican joint in there that has fabulous Happy Hour specials (WOOT!).

Yes - that's the area that I'm talking about. The crabcake place is the same exit off the BW Parkway as Arundel Mills Mall. I know that because I exited the wrong direction one time and ended up right at the mall. :)

Edited for spelling. :blush:

Yes - that's the area that I'm talking about. The crabake place is the same exit off the BW Parkway as Arundel Mills Mall. I know that because I exited the wrong direction one time and ended up right at the mall. :)

i think you're talking about Timbuktu...a place on top of a hill, on the left, just off of Rte. 100 West, right? Best crabcakes i've ever had! i used to date a woman who ran a karaoke show there.

i think you're talking about Timbuktu...a place on top of a hill, on the left, just off of Rte. 100 West, right? Best crabcakes i've ever had! i used to date a woman who ran a karaoke show there.

Yes! They're awesome! In fact, I was thinking even if we ended up at one of those other restaurants you mentioned I'd be able to pick up some crabcakes on my way home since I'd be in the area anyhow. :)

• 4 weeks later...
There's a restaurant I love right off the BW Parkway at the exit to Route 100. Best crab cakes I've ever had. I drove up there & back on Christmas Eve just so we could have them for dinner that night. :)

Anyone interested in meeting here sometime in the middle of March?

Archived