The Official Appreciation Thread for Sansa, Queen in the North v. 2

One assumes that Westeros doesn't have the pink/blue girls/boys distinction that we do... which, if I'm not mistaken, is actually a pretty recent phenomena...

Well as far back as mid 1800's but recent studies tend to show across races and cultures females ten to go towards colors in the reds like pink, lilacs and males tend to favor nature colors blacks, browns blues etc.

As a guy I can tell you I never liked reds, or pinks or purples unless the purple was Royal dark, as a father I can say our son hates pinks, or any pastels yet our daughter and she's 18 picks only pinks and lilacs pastel light colors.

And recent notes on the matter suggest it's it may be in our genes.

As a side note when we get our dog groomed my wife has them put bows in her hair, I refuse the bows as no self respecting dog would want to be caught dead wearing them and apparently I'm right as our dog gets the bows off in less than 5 minutes once she is home. :D

Well as far back as mid 1800's but recent studies tend to show across races and cultures females ten to go towards colors in the reds like pink, lilacs and males tend to favor nature colors blacks, browns blues etc.

As a guy I can tell you I never liked reds, or pinks or purples unless the purple was Royal dark, as a father I can say our son hates pinks, or any pastels yet our daughter and she's 18 picks only pinks and lilacs pastel light colors.

As a side note when we get our dog groomed my wife has them put bows in her hair, I refuse the bows as no self respecting dog would want to be caught dead wearing them and apparently I'm right as our dog gets the bows off in less than 5 minutes once she is home. :D

I remember reading somewhere than in Victorian England it was the opposite with red/pink being considered a boy colour because it was more "aggressive" while blue was for girls.

Reds and pinks used to be considered masculine colors, IIRC.

I don't wear pink, at all. It isn't a color that is flattering on an adult woman. And my oldest daughter (11) is becoming conscious of fashion and won't wear it anymore either... it is still the little one's favorite color though.

Me, I just want to see Aegon with a plaid bowtie around his cock.

I'd prefer a pink bowtie, personally. ;)

I don't wear pink, at all. It isn't a color that is flattering on an adult woman.

???

I love pink, and look quite nice in it, actually.

Now I've always wanted to wear more yellow, but it makes me look gross and jaundiced. Color-flattery largely depends on hair color, complexion, and personal style.

It would go nice with his purple eyes, come to think of it.

These are all pertinent issues, of course, since Sansa is a fashionable lady, and when she's QUEEN IN THE NORTH YEEEEAAAAHHH* she'll be like the Kate Middleton of sub-arctic Westeros.

Except not so freakish thin, I hope.

*cough. Sorry, get carried away sometimes.

No, that's hardly scientific evidence. Your daughter being 18 means she's been socially cultured. I don't know how old your son is but I'm taking it he has been as well. :P

There are lots of scientific studies going on about this, but without reading the actual paper, I'll reserve my own judgement :)

We do see hints of this happening. In ASOS, Lysa called her a beggar and Sansa thought angrily that she was no beggar and she was NOT going to marry Sweetrobin.

I saw some very interesting speculation about Sophie Turner's wardrobe as Sansa and what it meant. She wears a dragonfly necklace, and apparently her corset is embroidered with dragonflies. So the speculation was... does this mean she might ride a dragon? I have a lot of trouble visualizing how it would all come together, but nonetheless...

except Dragonflies live for like 2 days.

Not a good symbol

The Stark children should've received a classical education.

???

I love pink, and look quite nice in it, actually.

Now I've always wanted to wear more yellow, but it makes me look gross and jaundiced. Color-flattery largely depends on hair color, complexion, and personal style.

In my particular corner of the world, pink is not very fashionable. So consider my opinion biased. :)

As for yellow, it looks ghastly on me. My dance teacher was giving approved colors for costumes, for me and my classmate, and absolutely banned yellow and orange for me in a very vehement way after 10 seconds of studying my complexion. :lol:

except Dragonflies live for like 2 days.

Not a good symbol

The Stark children should've received a classical education.

More like the show's producers should have received a classical education, if they are trying to give out hints this way. Dragonflies are in the show and not the books, though they might be a hint as to future book plot...

I don't mind if it's a bowtie or a bow, just so long as she makes sure Sandor's got one too. Maybe it will become the sign of how she marks her territory. Instead of the Knights of the Garter, she'll have the Knights of the Bow (Tie). :rofl:

No, that's hardly scientific evidence. Your daughter being 18 means she's been socially cultured. I don't know how old your son is but I'm taking it he has been as well. :P

Not by me :)

There are lots of scientific studies going on about this, but without reading the actual paper, I'll reserve my own judgement :)

Great, now all this talk about pink bow-ties on the Kingsguard has me imagining Sansa bouncing around Westeros as an Elle Woods-type Queen in the North, kicking ass and taking names, but doing it all with perkiness and style.

It's too bad Lady died. She would totally have been the Bruiser to Sansa's Elle.

not by me :)

Oh really? You dressed your young son in pinks/purples/pastels as often as you dressed him in dark blues, bold reds, and forest greens?

...no? Then you have contributed to his acculturation, subconsciously or not. You don't have to say "now son, pink is for GIRLS, so we don't wear that!" in order to affect someone's preferences.

I'll wear pink. I don't care for mauve. My favorite color is red; I love combinations of red and black, red and grey, also grey and black. I don't mind blue and wear it sometimes. I like green as a color, but hardly ever wear it; I never wear yellow, sometimes wear brown but am not wild about browns and tans. I don't do orange.

My mother has always favored Blue over any other color (though as a young single woman, she did go through a chartreuse phase in decoration). She loves light blue; I don't.

I'm not into putting bows on dogs, since I find most dogs naturally beautiful enough to not need such things. I do go for color-coordinated collars (not with my own colors, but collars that enhance the dog's color/pattern or at least don't look garish against them). I have seen Yorkies with their hair all tied up in teeny ties/bows for dog show preparation; which I found scary, though I don't think the little dogs were uncomfortable; but there's no way I would do that (which is why I would not ever show Yorkies in confirmation; I think they're much cuter in puppy clip anyway). But that's just me.

I would love to see Sansa get a chance to decorate the Eyrie in girly, frilly pink. If she ends up with Aegon, maybe he'll end up riding a dragon with a very large pink collar (or at least something that's flower-enamelled, since she loved Loras' armor).

Since the only family in the North with pink as one of its colours is Bolton I'd somehow imagine Sansa not associating it with harmless things.

yeah, atleast in Westeros they associate pink with horrifying people who skin you alive.

Rather than a suitable colour for baby girls.

But I was thinking that if Dragon flies are to be associated with Aegon, then that would show that Aegon is not very permanent.

Archived