Favourite Sand Snake ?

Arkash

Yeah, I know, that's a silly question, but I'm bored, so well...

So who's your favourite Sand Snake ?

Oberra: the tall, not beautiful, warrior, fierce Sand Snake.

Lady Nym: the distinguished, ultra hot, smart and delicate Sand Snake.

Tyene: The poisonous fragile-looking, soft and gentle looking but treacherous blonde Sand Snake.

Sarella: apparently the Alleras of Oldtown.

Or one of the four younger ?

I personally go for Lady Nym!

Sarella, obviously.

May I add as an aside that I loved in Game of Thrones how threw in a little offhand comment by Samwell after Jon is assigned to the Stewards that I don't think was in the books. Jon says "I always wanted to be a ranger", and Samwell says, "I always wanted to be a wizard", then Jon looks at him funny and they laugh. It works as a goofy joke, but I thought it was a fantastic shout-out to book fans who know that Alleras has taken Samwell under his/her wing, and he is about to be introduced to all of Marwyn's mysteries. Cool stuff in Oldtown

As a character, I find Sarella the most interesting. But all the 4 main Sand Snakes fall within well established female stereotypes in fiction, so they're all pretty mundane, in a way. Writing complex, well rounded women is not GRRM's strong point, imho.

As a character, I find Sarella the most interesting. But all the 4 main Sand Snakes fall within well established female stereotypes in fiction, so they're all pretty mundane, in a way. Writing complex, well rounded women is not GRRM's strong point, imho.

It's true that the SS are a little too close to stereotype territory but I consider Cat and Sansa, just to name a few, to both be complex, well-written female characters.

I like Sallera the best, I think just because she is (possibly) doing her own thing with her social experiments at the Citadel. But I am interested to see Lady Nym take Dorne's council seat, that situation is just rife for entertainment with Cersei probably remaining regent.

Another vote for Sarella. She seems to be the only one of the Sand Snakes who has really embraced the ability to have her own life. The rest seem to be caught somewhere between their father's legacy and the general lust for vengeance that pervades Dorne these days.

Hahahaha, I agree, that's damning arousing !!!!

Ew.

But I prefer Nymeria, for her brightness, her fiery look (that turns me on better than innocence), she's seems more passionate and flaming than Tyene!

She also may well be gay. Some pretty heavy hints are dropped involving her comment that she was "abed with the Fowler twin's" and Doran's later comments about her intense closeness with these same twins. (They are female.) Later, Kevan makes some comments that hint at a similar conclusion.

Thats a lot of hate for an old man who absent having unbelievably convoluted and moronic plots seems to be pretty good at his job. Just one dead dornishman in the whole war.

I'm not sure "unbelievably convoluted and moronic" accurately describes Doran's plans. I think we'll have to wait until the end of the series to get a good idea of the final score.

Archived