Least Fav POV?

TyrionsFlagon

I'm seeing plenty of hate on Bran and Jon and sometimes Dany.

Let me hear some rants on your least favorite POV.

Mine used to be Sansa while she was in King's Landing. Her chapters just seemed to be sooo boring. I used to love Arya's but since she's been in Braavos I'm not really enjoying them. Since Dany's gotten to Mereen I haven't really enjoyed it.

Probably would have to be Dany from 'A Clash of Kings' onwards! No idea as to why, but I have just found her POV's of uniterest after Drogo and Viserys onwards! Well that and she just seems to be getting nowhere to what her main goal was (to get home)! But everyone has there different tastes in these books!

A Feast for Crows.

Oh wait sorry.....POV....ok, ok. Cersei. I hate....HATE......HATE.....Cersei. The very mention of her name makes me want to punch a stranger in the face. She is intolerable. Her elitest, entitled, and overall......not sure I can say the word I want on this forum...starts with "C" and add a "iness"... and attitude went a long way to completely ruin AFFC for me. She needs to meet a horrible grisley end sooner than later. The shame of what happened to her is not nearly enough.

Can say I enjoy to much of the Iron Born POVs either. The Damphair was brutal, and I also despise Theon. I must say that I am slightly curious about where the Victarion story is going though.

And finally.....add disdain here too....Sansa. Martin shows us all just how much a chapter of a book can drag for what seems like days with her POVs.

The complaints about Dany, Jon, Tyrion or anything Stannis related....I simply don't understand. They are the reason I'm reading these books at this point. So glad they're will not be another book without everyone in it.....I don't think I could suffer through another AFFC.

^You seem to be hating the characters, not the PoV themselves, which is an entirelly different topic isn't it ?

I make a distinction between a PoV of a character I hate but love to read about (Cersei, Theon, Sansa) and a PoV that I just hate because the story goes nowhere or the character is pointless/bratty/whiny (see below).

Dany after GoT. Her arc had so much potential after the epic ending of GoT.. instead it's been 4 books and it just got somewhere. There was much more potential with the dragons and such.

Also, the way her character thinks is just annoying.

Jon. His chapters in GoT always put me to sleep and I couldn't stand his angsty tone. Then his character got interesting when he went beyond the Wall. Then Ygritte happened and everything since has been stupidly boring. Was so happy when I read his last chapter in DwD.

Interestingly enough, Samwell, who started out as a ridiculously awful character has turned into one of the stronger protagonists. So much development there compared to Jon, who's pretty much exactly the same whiny entitled brat he was when he left Winterfell.

I don't care much for Bran's story, it just seems like everything that's happened to him up until he met the 3EC was wholly inconsequential, both to the story and to his character.

seriously brienne hands down, shes done nothing useful really at this point in the series compared to the other characters i think arya has achieved more then her and shes like 10? even sansa whos the paris hilton of the series is more interesting to read.

it was painful to read some of her chapters because they was that dull and considering i love the books and the world she made me think "please let this be over". there was a point when jon got a bit boring for a second but now i actually like reading his POV. bran also got boring for me at some points but compared to brienne its a different league of boredom :stillsick:

^You seem to be hating the characters, not the PoV themselves, which is an entirelly different topic isn't it ?

I make a distinction between a PoV of a character I hate but love to read about (Cersei, Theon, Sansa) and a PoV that I just hate because the story goes nowhere or the character is pointless/bratty/whiny (see below).

No, no....I got it. I just think hating a character and their POV are one in the same. I can't stand reading about them.

Daenerys, although I have struggled with Jon, Bran and even Arya on occasion.

The problem is that I enjoy the character interactions, and Daenerys is simply too isolated into too alien an environment.

In AGOT it wasn't such a problem because she talked more with Ser Jorah, Vyseris and Khal Drogo, but she has been keeping more to herself since. And her personality has taken a turn for the worse

(and less interesting) as well.

By contrast, the Blackwater chapters, and Joffrey's wedding, were a breeze.

Victarion.

Anything related to Dorne, but especially Areo Hotah.

Arya after she left Westeros.

Daenerys and Tyrion in ADWD.

Honourable mention to Cersei, whose characterisation I disliked, but whom I wouldn't count among my least favourites because interesting things actually happened in her chapters.

I must say that I really didn't enjoy Jon's chapters until late ACOK/ASOS. I didn't like his character in AGOT because he felt undeservedly entitled (although I did sympathise with him), and although I started liking him in ACOK, I found his chapters to be extremely boring. His story picked up for me when he joined the wildlings.

Archived