Game of Thrones RPG Official Site Opens, 2nd Trailer

Westeros

That is probably highway robbery considering the prospective quality of the game.

How about waiting a month or two after it comes out and paying $15 for it straight from the bargain bin^

This pre-order promotion is obviously a preemptive ploy to reduce losses.

Even though I love the books, the show, the world that GRRM created I still think it can compete with all the wonderful RPGs available.

Apart from varying factions of soldiers there is limited fantasy, you've got wights, Others, direwolves, dragons mammoths and giants.

I'm assuming the the GA wants more diversity then that.

About the preorder promotion, that's sort of BS IMO. I'm not even expecting it to be great (I'll get it if reviews are even OK, just cause I'm a fan of the series..but if reviews are as bad as the strategy game I'll pass).

There were promotions for Skyrim and Final Fantasy XIII-2 on different sites for $48 to pre order it. Amazon has one now for FF where you get $10 credit to the site if you pre order it. There's pre order deals for all sorts of titles these days if you keep your eyes open.

Because it's an independent studio. Also, why are we judging the merits of all other aspects of the game by graphics? People seem to have no idea that one can squeeze out a lot of innovation from simple concepts and small time if people are intelligently working behind the scenes. I may eat my words, but why do we have to be so cynical about the potential to be great?

Well i dont say that the game is bad. Just take a look at the characters. I think that one of the point (not the point just one of them) of the games is to be real.

Also take a look at the pics on the games website they look somehow better. Now i dont understand anything . :)

This game is going to have some stiff opposition in the console rpg department. Mass Effect 3 is out in March, The Witcher 2 is out April, Dragon's Dogma in May, Risen 2 is coming out sometime in the spring, plus all the Skyrim dlc(supposed to be all hefty expansions, and no shitty horse armor.)

If I was going to buy one fantasy rpg this year, hands down it'd be The Witcher 2. That game is phenomenal.

The website still hasn't been fixed or updated.

This game is going to have some stiff opposition in the console rpg department. Mass Effect 3 is out in March, The Witcher 2 is out April, Risen 2 is coming out sometime in the spring, plus all the Skyrim dlc(supposed to be all hefty expansions, and no shitty horse armor.)

If I was going to buy one fantasy rpg this year, hands down it'd be The Witcher 2. That game is phenomenal.

The website still hasn't been fixed or updated.

Wait a minute ... wasn't Witcher 2 released last year ?

Edit : Oh , you meant on consoles , sorry !

Yeah... but if you can get the Witcher 2 for pc, then do it. The devs have released tons of updates (patches and dlc) for the game, all free. They'll also be releasing the Enchanced Edition update for free in tandem with the 360 launch. It's Xbox exclusive so PS3 users will, unfortunately, be out of luck.... for now.

Well i dont say that the game is bad. Just take a look at the characters. I think that one of the point (not the point just one of them) of the games is to be real.

Good god... What happened to games being about fun? Suspending your disbelief? There are few games that look truly real, but its the engagement that draws us in and makes us see past the textures. You'll never be happy if you demand realism in total. There will always be stylized looks.

If they allow you to run the Keep like a household in this game, I'll be in heaven. I really hope they don't pull the whole, "Sorry Red Priest, but a servant of R'yllor can't own land!"

And the liege lords of Riverspring are the Lannisters. Yeah! If I can't run the land, I'll marry my sister off to one of those bastards out of spite. :cool4:

If they allow you to run the Keep like a household in this game, I'll be in heaven. I really hope they don't pull the whole, "Sorry Red Priest, but a servant of R'yllor can't own land!"

And the liege lords of Riverspring are the Lannisters. Yeah! If I can't run the land, I'll marry my sister off to one of those bastards out of spite. :cool4:

I don't think it's so much that Allester can't run a house as much as no one wants him to, not even himself. Even if he tried to take up the reigns, his sister is apparently bitter against him and would likely try to have at him before it was through. I think one aspect of the plot may be Allester overcoming that doubt, or altering the fate of his house in some way, and attempting to take charge of it back. Remember, this is Game of thrones. You cannot simply take something due to a right. You win or die.

Good god... What happened to games being about fun? Suspending your disbelief? There are few games that look truly real, but its the engagement that draws us in and makes us see past the textures. You'll never be happy if you demand realism in total. There will always be stylized looks.

Oh well i wasn't always like this just... If the game is going to make some success it should be a little bit more real. However the games story is really good and that could be seen in the Riverspring trailer. Oh and why shouldnn't be happy with games with total reallism the Witcher 2 was really the best RPG game in that section i'm pretty content with that.

Honestly, I cant wait for the game to come out. The graphics doesnt make the game but the story and control does. They could have given this gig to a more proven studio in this genre. Also the name "a game of thrones" make me thinks that they are just going to spew out a unfished product that comes out with blockbuster movies. After the next season, i magine there will be a game on season 2 if there is enough interest.

They could have done it right by taking their time and making a open sand box game in a ASOIF universe and where we could create our own character and make our own storyline by inbuilt karma system like infamous games.

Honestly, I cant wait for the game to come out. The graphics doesnt make the game but the story and control does. They could have given this gig to a more proven studio in this genre. Also the name "a game of thrones" make me thinks that they are just going to spew out a unfished product that comes out with blockbuster movies. After the next season, i magine there will be a game on season 2 if there is enough interest.

They could have done it right by taking their time and making a open sand box game in a ASOIF universe and where we could create our own character and make our own storyline by inbuilt karma system like infamous games.

Yep, that would be a nice thing but only if your story doesnt make any sense with th battle for westeros.

Also it would be nice if there is a little bit opened world of Westeros so you can choose to fight for your side. But okay there is (quite) enough non-linear things in this game so... maybe in some other expansions of the game. Cant wait for them to come out :drool:.

Vafler you're implying that the story and controls aren't going to be as bad as the graphics.

I think the youtube comment "the night is dark and full of cash-ins" sums this up.

I'm honestly perturbed that GRRM wont permit fan fiction and to have his work continued if the worse is to happen yet he approves second rate adaptations like this that modify his world.

Vafler you're implying that the story and controls aren't going to be as bad as the graphics.

I think the youtube comment "the night is dark and full of cash-ins" sums this up.

I'm honestly perturbed that GRRM wont permit fan fiction and to have his work continued if the worse is to happen yet he approves second rate adaptations like this that modify his world.

If he sold the rights to EA, I'd call it a cash in. Have you seen the LOTR games...

I agree with you about the fan-fiction, especially since there's a pen-and-paper rpg of ASOIAF. Most narrators would reward their players with xp if they fleshed out a major backstory on the their character, houses, lands, and history. It's ok in that context, but if they happen to share their character's info on the net, it's bad, bad, bad. Silly. And more then a bit hypocritical.

I will, however, hold off on my critique of the game until I actually play it. And when did graphics make a good game? The gameplay, graphics, and animation look comparable to MOST other console rpgs released in the past few years. No better, no worse. I just picked up Kingdoms of Amalur yesterday, and while the gameplay is great, the story (written by R.A. Salvatore) and graphics are nothing special. I'm not going to rip on Martin for picking a small dev instead of a big one. Bioware & EA, Obsidian & Bethsoft, or other major studios would be a hell of a lot more likely to "demand" more rights, and "imbellish" the story then a small studio like Cyanide.

I don't get why there is so much hate for this game when it hasn't even been released yet. People keep using the fact that Genesis was bad as an excuse to say that this game will be crap as well but the two game are made by completely different companies. If the game comes out and it's really bad then sure go ahead and pay it out but I think you should just wait and see. I honestly think it looks pretty good, I'm looking forward to it.

Archived