The Official Appreciation Thread for Sansa, Queen in the North v. 3

mor2

I was being purposely hyperbolic.

I'm perfectly calm, I assure you.

(null)

Well it's not even noon and I'm already quaffing some Xanax. ;) Btw, contrarians make the world go round.

Bran won't inherit. He's crippled and probably stuck to a tree by now. Rickon may be put forward as a Stark claimant by Stannis (who isn't exactly respectful of Sansa's status as a Stark),* if he's found and depending on what state he's found in. It's always possible that the Skagosians are like these purposefully isolated, pacifist naked philosophers and Rickon is all Zen now.

But the Dornish are rising, and Dany is coming to town, Tyrion will either die or the marriage will be annulled, so I think it's a definite possibility that inheritance laws could change. Also -- if Rickon is under the tutelage of Osha, he'll be getting the Wildling POV of the world. Strength above blood.

The argument that gets me pissy is the suggestion that the Stark siblings will go to war with one another over Winterfell and the North. Really? They are pack; they will always be pack. And they're influenced by the Tully side too: Family, Duty, Honor, in that order.

*Can I just say? Every time "Lady Lannister" comes out that asshole's mouth I want to punch him in his grindy teeth.

Well it's not even noon and I'm already quaffing some Xanax. ;) Btw, contrarians make the world go round.

Bran won't inherit. He's crippled and probably stuck to a tree by now. Rickon may be put forward as a Stark claimant by Stannis (who isn't exactly respectful of Sansa's status as a Stark),* if he's found and depending on what state he's found in. It's always possible that the Skagosians are like these purposefully isolated, pacifist naked philosophers and Rickon is all Zen now.

But the Dornish are rising, and Dany is coming to town, Tyrion will either die or the marriage will be annulled, so I think it's a definite possibility that inheritance laws could change. Also -- if Rickon is under the tutelage of Osha, he'll be getting the Wildling POV of the world. Strength above blood.

The argument that gets me pissy is the suggestion that the Stark siblings will go to war with one another over Winterfell and the North. Really? They are pack; they will always be pack. And they're influenced by the Tully side too: Family, Duty, Honor, in that order.

*Can I just say? Every time "Lady Lannister" comes out that asshole's mouth I want to punch him in his grindy teeth.

I must have missed that line, who said it? Stannis?

I must have missed that line, who said it? Stannis?

Yeah, several times in DwD. The only excuse for him I can come up with is that maybe he doesn't know how brutally Sansa was treated by the Lannisters and that she was forced into the marriage.

Actually, wait. Stannis wouldn't give a rat's ass that she was forced into the marriage. This guy burns people alive and tries to kill babies. (Not a Stannis fan, can you tell?)

Yeah, several times in DwD. The only excuse for him I can come up with is that maybe he doesn't know how brutally Sansa was treated by the Lannisters and that she was forced into the marriage.

Actually, wait. Stannis wouldn't give a rat's ass that she was forced into the marriage. This guy burns people alive and tries to kill babies. (Not a Stannis fan, can you tell?)

And I'm certain that after he forces Val into a marriage, he would do the same to Sansa if he could get ahold of her.

:bowdown: Me three!

Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas or holiday of your choosing, with much alcohol (or nonalcoholic eggnog/ cider) and delicious over the top dessert of your choice.

And with that, I'm off!

:bowdown: Me three!

Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas or holiday of your choosing, with much alcohol (or nonalcoholic eggnog/ cider) and delicious over the top dessert of your choice.

And with that, I'm off!

You too!!! :)

And Merry x-mas to everyone here!

May not matter as he may not live.

And he is a product of his time, I don't think he knows what went down in KL and as rough and gruff he seems he is also a fair guy on some things I give him a little benefit of doubt I think he get her marriage annulled but then arrange a better one for Sansa but of course he set one up to his favor .

I think Dead or LC of new Watch.

Can I come? We are having leftover chili. Booo-ring.

LOL we had that last night with sandwiches, and sure bring chairs though, I have 23 people coming and we may be sitting on the floor with legs crossed watching two versions of it's a Wonderful Life.

May not matter as he may not live.

And he is a product of his time, I don't think he knows what went down in KL and as rough and gruff he seems he is also a fair guy on some things I give him a little benefit of doubt I think he get her marriage annulled but then arrange a better one for Sansa but of course he set one up to his favor .

I think Dead or LC of new Watch.

Stannis is just, but he is not merciful.

I'm really not sure how he'd view Sansa's marriage to Tyrion. On the one hand, Sansa said the words. On the other, she was forced by her captors. If Stannis had another more advantageous (for him, not Sansa) marriage in mind, I can see him annulling it. But I can also see him saying, "Nope, he's your husband. Sorry. BTW, your husband's a traitor. About that..."

I'm really not sure how he'd view Sansa's marriage to Tyrion. On the one hand, Sansa said the words. On the other, she was forced by her captors. If Stannis had another more advantageous (for him, not Sansa) marriage in mind, I can see him annulling it. But I can also see him saying, "Nope, he's your husband. Sorry. BTW, your husband's a traitor. About that..."

I wonder how his religious beliefs fit into this whole thing. Sansa said the words, but she said them to the false gods, puppets of the Great Other. As we know from Melisandre, "a vow sworn to a tree has no more power than one sworn to your shoes" and the Seven aren't any better than trees in her eyes. It should be quite easy for Stannis to claim that Sansa isn't truly married and could be married again in the R'hllor ceremony without any need to find out what happened to Tyrion or get an annulment/divorce, as long as she gives up the Seven*. But then, someone could claim that his marriage to Selyse isn't valid either and he refuses to renew it for some reason. So, he kind of defends the idea that the Seven and their religious ceremonies are on some level valid with his 'Lady Lannister' BS, isn't he? Maybe this was addressed in the books, but I don't remember it.

*If Sansa and Catelyn weren't so devoted to them, I would have really loved that way of ending Tyrion/Sansa marriage — her just saying 'screw it' and marrying again with the Old Gods ceremony. I really think that if she does get married again, she will have one as well as one in the sept.

I agree here. i think Davos saying "Oh, Stannis is so merciful" is kinda bs. Stannis just takes advantage of people in the name of mercy.

:crying:

Am I the only Stannis fan in here? How lonely! Anyway, I love Stannis, y'all, but even I disapprove of "Lady Lannister." THOUGH! I really don't think it's so easy. Yes, he doesn't know the circumstances. But he's a stickler for titles. Yes, he probably wouldn't give two figs about an arranged marriage, but I highly doubt he'd be okay with the abuse going on in Sansa's life. Stannis is a harsh ass but it's exactly that sort of quality that would get his goat if he heard about a woman/girl being beaten. He's in no position to help her, but just saying, he's probably not as horrid as you all think.

And really who wouldn't try to get Sansa into another marriage at this point? It's politically useful. Stannis would, the Blackfish would, her brothers or father were he alive would have, LF is trying, and basically any other guardian would give it a go. This isn't something that can be pinned solely on Stannis' shoulders.

Also, again, if Rickon was found alive, why do you say Stannis wouldn't be respectful of Sansa's status? The laws in Westeros apart from Dorne would all have Rickon as heir, underage, less competent, or no. To me this is not a case of disrespect rather than following the letter of the law, which is very Stannis quality, but again, he's not the only one that would do so. May I remind you of my dear Lord Manderly?

Yes I said that also.

well he forgave the bannermen of storm's end for siding with his brother rather than him, so he is not completely rigid, i think he would side with Sansa

Stannis is a jerk. But he'd have no way of knowing the circumstances of her marriage. And he's not really great with the whole...empathy thing.

So, when he calls her "Lady Lannister" *grits teeth* he's probably expressing his disdain that a Lannister (especially the Imp) would claim Winterfell.

I don't think it's personal insult toward Sansa, a 13 year old girl he has never met. Stannis is simply socially inept, awkward, and always manages to come off as a major douchebag.

He's also possibly projecting some of his own, um, angry marriage issues regarding arranged marriages, there. Since he and Selyse are so....close. Yeah.

Stannis (and everyone outside KL) has no way of knowing the marriage wasn't consummated and that Sansa is safely (relatively...as long as she keeps her distance from LF) in the Vale, and Tyrion is off seeking the Dragon Queen in Essos.

I dunno why no one at the Wall knows that Sansa escaped KL and is wanted for murdering Joffrey - that knowledge might actually make Stannis hold Sansa in higher esteem, and respect. He'd still grit his teeth when talking about it, though.

Archived