Impending Sense...

Ser Barristan BadAss

Does anyone else feel like Daenerys is bound to sit on the Iron Throne? I just feel her stories are so kind of dull and useless if she never sits on the Iron Throne, the story (mainly hers) will become pointless if she doesn't win it back.

Of course I'll have to read on to find out whether I'm correct or not, but it just seems the only likely outcome for her. Anyone else think something is imminent or has to happen?

Well, I haven't read all the books, but I think it would be stupid for her to win the Throne, because it's said in GoT that she won't be able to have more kids..

On the other hand, it seems that things are going in that direction.. I don't know, it's George Martin, everything is possible!

I totally agree with you! Always felt the same...

I don't know... I kind of see a kingless end... maybe things should go back to being the way they were before Aegon the Conqueror, with separate kingdoms...

I'm still not even in the middle of the series (considering the 6th and 7th books yet to come), but it seems to me that things are too fucked up for anyone to be able sit sovereignly in the throne.

Even if she would not win anything in the end, her storyline would still be important, because:

1.) It blows mind.

2.) Number of characters beyond the Narrow sea is increasing, and god knows what happen with her around there.

3.) One does not simply walk into Westeros with huge army, and dragons. Even if she lost, it would be needed to explain how she got there. Plus all the talk about dragons in Westeros from sailors. It is interesting to see, how people are slowly admitting facts, that have been nonsense for several generations, when we see what is really happening there.

4) it's necessary, so he doesnt need to take three dragons out of his pocket while Cersei is having breakfeast... ;)

The hole Dany's storyline, in my opinion, is to keep our foccus in "the last Targaryen" and to slowly build the dragon's stuff. This way, we believe it! Exactly how he did with another mystical facts, as we can find in Westeros, like the Others, Melisandre and Michel 'Dondarion' Jackson's Thriller Dance Group.

• 4 weeks later...

I wonder about the kids part. They always say that the maegi told Dany she can´t have any more childern. But seriously would you believe that woman? She could have just as well lied.

Aye, just because MMD said X doesn't mean X is true. Or, even if true, it could simply mean difficult, given the other parts of her prophecy (the sun (Quentyn) setting in the east, etc).

I can't shake the feeling that Jon and Dany will somehow have a lot to do with eachother in the future. If the theorising is correct and R+L=J then that would make Dany Jon's aunt? Wouldn't it be plausible that he could turn out to be one of the other dragin riders? I think Dany and Jon together will fight the White Walkers. As is said many times throughout all the books (I'm only on AFFC) that I have read, there is a battle brewing that is even bigger than the simple fight for the Iron Throne. I feel as though Dany will have more of a hand in fighting them as the only things that can kill the White Walkers (that we know if so far) is Dragon Glass and fire... Just my two cents though, you never know with GRRM though :)

I'd have to imagine Dany is going to play a huge part. I just finished ASOS and you can tell the battle is shifting towards the North. Stannis is placing his front their clearly and will likely join with Jon in some way or another as he's now Lord Commander on the Wall.

The title of the 5th book is called A Dance With Dragons as I'm sure everyone is aware of. I'd imagine she will be making her way to Westeros at some point between now and that book. Right now I feel as though the characters who are going to play the biggest roles in the end will be Jon, Dany and Bran.

Something I'm interested to see is what happens across the sea since Dany is staying there to bring order before making her way over to Westeros so perhaps she will rule the whole realm even the free cities to some extent. Probably will be married to someone who we are already familiar with, perhaps Gendry or something? I'm completely spit balling here but.

Also something I would not be surprised to see would be as I said above due to their importance, Jon, Dany and Bran being the dragon riders.

Aye, just because MMD said X doesn't mean X is true. Or, even if true, it could simply mean difficult, given the other parts of her prophecy (the sun (Quentyn) setting in the east, etc).

On that I have a few possible ideas, though most are just wild guesses.

"When the sun rises in the West and sets in the East,"

End of ADwD Spoilers

As you said about Quentyn, he is from the east and died in the west, his sigil being the Sun.

"When the seas go dry[...]"

Possibly when Winter comes to the Dothraki Sea?

"[...]and mountains blow in the wind like leaves"

A possible eruption of Dragonstone?

Also, it mentions "When your womb quickens, and you bear a living child. Then he will return, not before."

It seems to me that the prophecy pertains to Khal Drogo, also note that it said, "When your womb quickens..."

Also, it mentions "When your womb quickens, and you bear a living child. Then he will return, not before."

It seems to me that the prophecy pertains to Khal Drogo, also note that it said, "When your womb quickens..."

I agree with you and also noticed she said when.

Just out pf interest, maybe i just don't remember it, but did anyone else actually see Dany's son wen he was born or was it just the witch? What if he wasn't really deformed but stolen away and raised somewhere else and maybe he will be a key player in the future books? Could be that I have just remembered it wrong but even before I read the books and had only seen the TV series I wondered if the child could actually be alive?

I really doubt he would have been taken away.

Unless Jorah Mormont took him somewhere no one else would have any interest in him. Only Drogo and Dany because a Khal who takes over a Khalasar would kill any child who had a claim to it. Therefore any of the other Dothraki beside her blood riders would've had him killed. A life for a life was the deal just Khal Drogo's life wasn't worth the trade, hence Dany killed him.

Archived