A crazy theory on Tyrion

Ygrain

I see the logic behind this theory, but I don't buy it because I just don't want it to be true. If Tyrion becomes a Targaryen bastard...

1. He and Jamie are no longer brothers, and I think that's a really important relationship. Would Jamie turn on him?

2. He would be the oldest heir to Aerys' throne but wouldn't be preferred over Dany anyway because he's illegitimate

3. Jon, if he proves to be Rhaegar's actual heir, he would be ahead of Tyrion anyway

4. There's something really awesome about the fact that he killed Tywin Lannister and became a kinslayer. If all the sudden Tywin is no longer his father, it's just not as sweet a victory.

5. Tyrion IS a Lannister! Whether by blood or not, he is the epitome of a Lannister. He revels in his money and uses it to his benefit. He creates lots of debts and always pays them. He is an excellent plotter and planner. He's very smart. Everything about him says lion to me, and although, yes, Jon is very much a northman, he has elements of Rhaegar's personality, and his mother was born a Stark, whereas Joanna was only a Lannister by marriage.

Anyway, as much as I don't really want it to happen, I can totally see it happening, especially if Jon is found to be Rhaegar's son. I think it's clear that three of the best loved and best written characters are Dany, Jon, and Tyrion. The only other major character that garners as much popularity is probably Arya. I think it seems like Dany, Jon, and Tyrion are GRRM's favorite characters, and maybe it's because he's known all along that they are the three heads of the dragon. And I agree that there are enough hints dropped for it to be possible that Tyrion is Aerys' son.

Tywin does seem to treat Tyrion way more harshly than he should. Tywin's behavior would be consistent belief that Tyrion is Aerys' son. However, there are also theories floating around the the twins were fathered by Aerys. How to tie it all together? Like this:

One day, while Tywin was still Hand but after Tyrion's birth, Tywin and Aerys are having a heated discussion. Aerys goes on one of his rants and blurts out that he has had sex with Joanna and he believes that he got her pregnant. Tywin doesn't want to believe that the twins might be Aerys because that would be too painful. So he copes with it by half-believing that Tyrion is Aerys' son while the other half of his subconscious holds out hope that Aerys was just lying. But still whenever Tywin looks at Tyrion he remembers what Aerys said and it pisses him off.

This would allow the reader to be unsure about what, if any, of Joanna's children are Aerys' until the final reveal later on when we find that it was the twins all along.

• 10 months later...

wow, that slowly became the worst post ever...this isn't science class lol and we have no real idea how close to reality GRRM's keeping these things (advanced genetics specifically)I mean we are talking about a story with dragons, resurrections, and people warging animals( what are the rules on those genes? lol) not trashing the subject or creator of this thread at all though, because the basic idea that Tyrion is actually Aerys' son is absolutely intriguing, and as believable as any other unproven theory in the story...just not sure what the point of it would be outside of bringing him into the dragon riding party, btw i'm sure this has been discussed to death but does the 3 headed dragon have to be siblings or just Targaryens? because if Tyrion really is Targ him and Dany would be half brother and sister, who would the third be? and if it ends up being Jon, Dany, and Tyrion i honestly might puke, cool but too cheesy i think

wow, that slowly became the worst post ever...this isn't science class lol and we have no real idea how close to reality GRRM's keeping these things (advanced genetics specifically)I mean we are talking about a story with dragons, resurrections, and people warging animals( what are the rules on those genes? lol) not trashing the subject or creator of this thread at all though, because the basic idea that Tyrion is actually Aerys' son is absolutely intriguing, and as believable as any other unproven theory in the story...just not sure what the point of it would be outside of bringing him into the dragon riding party, btw i'm sure this has been discussed to death but does the 3 headed dragon have to be siblings or just Targaryens? because if Tyrion really is Targ him and Dany would be half brother and sister, who would the third be? and if it ends up being Jon, Dany, and Tyrion i honestly might puke, cool but too cheesy i think

One thing seems clear: Tywin thinks Tyrion is Aerys'. Is he right, or else?

• 7 months later...

Archived