Possible tWOW prologues.

sweet_cersei

We can only hope. It might be quite a short chapter, though!

For sure, a POV of Daario would probably consist mainly of...

"I'm awesome" rubs sword hilt "Like, totally awesome. So full of awesome awesomeness straight from awesome land" rubs sword hilt again "Gee, I'm horny." Rubs sword hilt some more "I feel like killing" rub rub rub "Yup. Gonna go do some killing now. Damn, I'm awesome. And damn sexy too. Like oozing nothing but sex. It was like I was entirely dipped in a bucket of sex, because I'm just *that* sexy" rub.

For sure, a POV of Daario would probably consist mainly of...

"I'm awesome" rubs sword hilt "Like, totally awesome. So full of awesome awesomeness straight from awesome land" rubs sword hilt again "Gee, I'm horny." Rubs sword hilt some more "I feel like killing" rub rub rub "Yup. Gonna go do some killing now. Damn, I'm awesome. And damn sexy too. Like oozing nothing but sex. It was like I was entirely dipped in a bucket of sex, because I'm just *that* sexy" rub.

Brilliant. I love it. I would be more than pleased, if all it is, is "So i'm going back to Mereen?" said Daario, smugly. " And that catapult is for what??!" That would be fine. Nothing else needed in that chapter.

But really, I would like to see a POV from either Storms End (can't think who's inside? Maybe a random new character?) or the Vale (someone with an outside perspective of both Alysanne and Lord Robert would be cool).

Well, given what we know from the Arianne spoiler chapter, I think a Storm's End POV is very possible. I don't believe we have had a POV inside Storm's End yet, so that would continue with the trend. As for Obara/Darkstar/Swann, I just can't think of what information Darkstar could possibly have. I guess we will find out relatively soon (I hope).

For sure, a POV of Daario would probably consist mainly of... "I'm awesome" rubs sword hilt "Like, totally awesome. So full of awesome awesomeness straight from awesome land" rubs sword hilt again "Gee, I'm horny." Rubs sword hilt some more "I feel like killing" rub rub rub "Yup. Gonna go do some killing now. Damn, I'm awesome. And damn sexy too. Like oozing nothing but sex. It was like I was entirely dipped in a bucket of sex, because I'm just *that* sexy" rub.

The hostage next to him: -Arrrrggghh! -just throw him already, or throw me, but do something to stop it please! the pervert has been like ten hour rubbing his hilt while talking about HIMSELF! He doesn´t even fantasize about girls when doing it, but about himself! This is too SICK!

The North/South thing goes out the window when every book title has started with "A" and this one starts with "The."

HOW HAS NO ONE CAUGHT THE CONSPIRATORIAL SIGNIFICANCE OF THIS?

Unless someone has, in which case if someone could point me to a thread I would swear fealty to them.

Oldtown anyone? its a place we rarely see and I believe there is a lot going on there. Not from Sam's POV ofcourse.

Oldtown was already a prologue setting in Feast. I imagine it'll be somewhere we haven't seen before, just like we hadn't seen Dragonstone and Oldtown when they were prologue settings.

I would like the new prologue to show us something about Highgarden. Why? Simply because I think Willas Tyrell will play a more important role in this book, now the Tyrells control the realm, with Tywin, Cersei and Kevan out of the game.

Or maybe someone in Tarth, where members of the Golden Company have landed. Maybe we get to meet Brienne's father.

Obara/Darkstar/Balon Swann seems most likely as there is no POV there. However, that can be gotten around by sending Areo on the trip.

The other place where Imminent Stuff Is Going To Happen is Hardhome. That's the second most likely one in my opinion. Could be Cotter Pyke.

I am with the people who observed this prologue pattern that now it's a POV in the south. These have been so far with a Maester theme and hinted to stuff that will be pretty important in the book (Stannis/Mel or reactions to Dany's dragons-news). However I have no idea about maesters, besides of Marwyn, but I will rage so hard if he just dies in the prologue without even reaching Dany.

It's also hard to think about a new relevant place. I doubt Highgarden, what should happen there? The Ironborn are at the coasts of Arbor and Oldtown. As for reactions to Aegon's "return" we already saw those with Mace from Kevan POV and I doubt they would ally with Aegon. Maybe some other reach house, but I can't think of any place which could be important enough to revisit.

I doubt any Essos POV, there are already enough. Also I don't see what could be so big about Darkstar that we have to see him.

My bet is someone in Storm's End, since I think it will fall with some trick and it will probably have an important role in TWOW, but I don't know any characters there. Did Stannis left someone with a name there back?

I think GRRM will make the next Prologue a mindfuck, he'll have someone like Jamie narrate and at the end instead of dying he'll get out of his predicament in the nick of time.

Just to break the pattern and keep us on our toes.

Let's see, we have:

Will, Cressen, Chett, Pate and Varamyr Sixskins prologues

Merrett Frey and Kevan Lannister epilogues

The only one of these who had any kind of significant pre-POV role in the story was Kevan Lannister, and he was still a minor character compared with Tywin and the others.

As much as I would like to see the DanyXDaario storyline wrapped up (please, gods), there hasn't been any pro/epilogue POV that features a character in Essos and Essos is not what the stories are mainly about. I suppose there's a first time for everything, but I'd venture a guess that the new prologue POV will be someone minor or brand new from Westeros, south of the Wall - if there's a method to the pattern rather than just coincidence.

Possible candidates:

• Falyse Stokeworth - her last agonized moments of life in the black cells, to reveal something about Qyburn's methods or Ser Robert Strong (she's probably already be dead).
  • Qyburn - before his Gregorstein squeezes the life out of him - or maybe killed by one of Varys' agents
  • Someone new or minor at Casterly Rock - often mentioned but not visited yet, to give the state of Edmure and his bride and goings on in the riverlands or westerland
  • Someone new or minor at or near Storms End - to describe the goings on that lead to Aegon's victory there
  • Someone new or minor within or outside the walls of Winterfell - to describe the general deteroriation of the situation

Edit:

My Votes:

1.Wylas Tyrell right before he gets surprise Argoned

2. Wex (How did he know about Skagos)?

3. Lancel (Until he dies in Trial)

4. Mance (He knows stuff)

5. Benjen

1. Wylis Tyrell - I keep wondering if he will ever make an appearance. He's certainly the type of character that appears in prologues, but I really hope we don't get bogged down in anymore Ironborn distraction when we have four other storylines that need resolving or moving forward.

2. Wex - a very good possibility I hadn't thought of. He has information and probably a lot more locked inside his head that he hasn't been able to scribble on paper.

3, 4 and 5 - all are too "major" for a prologue I think. I do hope we see or hear conclusively about all three of their fates. It would be awesome if Lancel is the champion for the Faith that has to fight against Cersei's champion, even though I feel sorry for the guy and don't want to see him Robert Strong-armed.

Another thought I had, what about someone from the Vale that not only ties into what Petyr is doing, but also ties into goings on down in the Stormlands with Aegon, et al.

For me, I have two ideas on what I would like the Prolougue to be based on! (Though I doubt they will happen)

1) A Dredfort/Frey Soilder at the Battle of Winterfell - Would answer a lot of questions. Hopefully the events will go Stannis's way, with the soilder witnessing the Bolton/Frey force breaking up, possibly witnessing Ramsay either deserting back to the Dredfort/ Or possibly attackig his Lord Father, wounding or killing him, thus justifying why Ramsay wrote to Jon, not Roose (though that is a weak viewpoint)

2) Bowen Marsh/One of the members involved with the coup against Jon Snow - Would be interesting to see the true motives behind the conspiracy behind Jon's attack, would provide a nice touch to it! Or possibly, the aftermath of the event, the Watch arguing over the whom should take up leadership, with a potiential Wight invasion about to strike on the Wall?

Stannis.

No, Stannis will almost surely stick around for the last few books, imo. He seems to be headed in the dirrection for a major villain/ antagonist for Dany... a "lie" for her to "slay."

Honestly, I fear for his daughter. And Patchface.

Some interesting possibilities brought up here. I would especially find the Stoneheart one fascinating, though it will almost surely not happen.

I personally think it will be Obara Sand. We will see her interaction with Darkstar, and, imo, end up finding out more about her rather intriguing backstory (what it was like growing up in a brothel with her mother, a prostitute; what she had to go through before her father picked her up; whether she feels remorse for her mother drinking herself to death after she (Obara) left her; why she is generally so angry, etc.)

Or it could just as easily be someone we've never met before...

Archived