Possible tWOW prologues.

sweet_cersei

A POV from Howland Reed from Greywater Watch....

(a girl can dream)

I would love this if every main character on the prologue wouldn't die and I want Howland to stay alive, so no, I'm going with a prologue from north of the Wall, Jojen, he will probably die soon :frown5:

I think we will have a Dayne.... Darkstar, or even more interesting Edric Dayne.... Most think he is returning Dondarrion's body home.... so he would be in the Stormlands, moving toward the Dornish Marches. This way he would have acces to both Aegon's army, and the party to catch Darkstar. But I wouldn't want him to die :(

Jeyne Westerling or Roslin Frey.. right before the Brotherhood attacks. I think that Lady Stoneheart is all vengeance and that she'd execute either on the spot. It will be shocking. I expect the death count of characters, especially sympathetic minor ones to be very high in TWOW. I also expect that Margaery and Loras Tyrell will end up dead as well as Tommen and Myrcella.

Jeyne Westerling or Roslin Frey.. right before the Brotherhood attacks. I think that Lady Stoneheart is all vengeance and that she'd execute either on the spot. It will be shocking. I expect the death count of characters, especially sympathetic minor ones to be very high in TWOW. I also expect that Margaery and Loras Tyrell will end up dead as well as Tommen and Myrcella.

This would actually be kind of cool, I have to say. It could be shocking, especially if "Jeyne" turns out not to be Jeyne — but then, UnCat would know if she wasn't, I suppose. And Roslin of course is pregnant. The westbound convoy isn't an obvious choice for a prologue, but I like the idea a lot.

Whether it's a prologue or not, I don't expect the convoy to make it to Casterly Rock.

A POV from Howland Reed from Greywater Watch....

(a girl can dream)

I think Howland Reed needs to survive for a while longer. If the R+L=J theory is correct, then Howland Reed may be the only person that knows the truth about Jon Snow's parentage. Even Wylla might not know the whole truth, only that she needed to pretend Jon Snow was her son if anyone asked.

However there is a way around this. Just have the PoV be from someone else at Greywater Watch. Perhaps it can be told from the perspective of a condemned prisoner the crannogmen captured during the fighting in the Neck in service of the Iron Throne. It could be an existing character, but ultimately all that matters is that they are fighting on the side of the Lannisters.

Howland Reed can then explains how the true heir to the Iron Throne has been hidden in plain sight the entire time. How he had hopped to carry the secret to his grave, but with King Robert dead, Westeros in chaos, rumors of Dragons in Essos, and the old powers rising in the North, a change of plans was called for. He reveals that the "bastard" Jon Snow is actually the true-borne son of Rhaegar Targeryan and Lyanna Stark, who married in a secret ceremony. This making "Jon Targeryan" the true heir to the Iron Throne and perhaps the one person who can unite Westeros against the Others.

Howland Reed then mocks the idea of "so many people believing the honorable-to-a-fault Eddard Stark would father a bastard so quickly after his wedding" before personally executing the prisoner as per the custom of the First Men.

Hmmm....I got rather specific there. Still, if GRRM wants to go the Greywater Watch route, that's definitely one way to do it without killing off Lord Howland Reed himself.

Someone from Skagos, Casterly Rock, BWB, Riverrun, Old Town, Vale.

Either one is fine with me but I put Skagos first as I like to hear about a certain lady of the island.

I was going to put Winterfell but that changed in the last few days. :)

Five books doesn't seem like enough to me to really establish a pattern of prologue locales. I'm hoping for Oldtown. There's definitely some plot yet to happen there. At the very least an arc that we haven't seen in a bit too long. If, though, there is a pattern, Casterly Rock or Highgarden. Varys has just killed the Hand of the King, a Lannister. Sooner or later it will become common knowledge that Cersei masterminded the accusations levied against Margaery Tyrell. Speaking of Tyrells, there are a lot of them in positions of power in King's Landing now, as I recall. The political landscape is volcanic right now, and soon the Lannisters and the Tyrells will have to come to blows. I think the prologue will be some event that either stems from, or finally incites open animosity between the two houses.

First post. Hello.

i would like it to be of the Elder Brother's point of view. It starts at the death of night and moves on to show how Quiet Isle is assaulted and sacked and put to the torch by ironborn or what remains of Gregor's men, or someone.. and how the EB goes to the big novice and tells him to escape before it is too late and head to the Eyrie for safety since it's nearest. it is then revealed that the novice is actually Sandor Clegane who's tale is not yet over with, since he has to rescue a certain little bird and dispatch UnGregor. And the chapter ends with the EB feeling a sowrd or spear thrust...

The Prologue has to be from Oldtown !

If u remember Mel's prophesy from DwD she saw towers burning by the sea under waves of darkness and blood

• they thought it to be east watch but Mel was not sure as she has seen eastwatch.
  • some think Astapor burning but Astapor has no towers but Pyramids

But the towers are The citadel and Oldtown sacked by Euron ! Sam notices Iron island ships near Oldtown and it would be as Euron has promised a good prize for his people !

Iron island attack came in the green dream of Jojen also as waves and Euron was seen by Moqorro as One eyed Kraken on dark sea and blood !

The DwD ended with winter coming and The destruction of The Citadel (the light of knowledge ) will symbolize the beginning of the Long Night so perfectly !

It would as epic a prologue as white walkers descending in GoT.

My number one guess would be Mance...with Manderly coming a close second.

The Boltons are up to bad things. Theon is no longer with Ramsey. So, some sort of window into what ever is going on in Winterfall and with the Boltons is needed.

I would point out that both were hurt pretty bad in Dance. Manderly might not have left with his troops, or he might have ordered them to attempt some sort of treachery (like heading home instead of fighting Stannis). Mance is sitting in a cage...but he's smart. He might be in a position to see something, maybe even make an escape attempt.

GRRM stated that the only new POVs in TWOW and ADOS will be the Prologue&Epilogue character who will always die.

So,a prologue starts always with a new danger being posed.Remember the Wall and the Citadel prologues.I think this one will be from The Wall,beacause the events at the Citadel will be followed by Sam(I really want to see what Euron would do with Sam in front of him).So,Bowen Marsh or Othell Yarwick would be for me.

Archived