Possible tWOW prologues.

sweet_cersei

Since Old town was the prologue for AFFC, and Sam is now there, I am certain that the prologue character will not be in Old Town.

Have we actually been in storm's end itself? Because if so a Maester in Storm's End would be a appropriate.

If not a Maester in Lannisport/Casterly Rock.

It is also worth noting that both Maesters have somehow involved fire magic (sort of) Cressen is killed by Melisandre who is a follower of Rhllor, whilst Pate is killed by a FM who resisted the fiery Valyrians...

I would very much like to see more about Highgarden and the Tyrells ... and it will have to be in a prologue or epilogue for If I recall correctly GRRM said he will not introduce new POV characters after ADWD? I would like someone to tell the story from the perspective of the Tyrells :devil:

I would very much like to see more about Highgarden and the Tyrells ... and it will have to be in a prologue or epilogue for If I recall correctly GRRM said he will not introduce new POV characters after ADWD? I would like someone to tell the story from the perspective of the Tyrells :devil:

Martin has been known to break his promises, didn't he say something similar before ADWD? Four years or however long it is is a long time for him to decide he needs a new character.

I don't think any of the current POVs are going to be making it to Highgarden any time soon though, so you may be right.

Everyone says GRRM says no new POVs. But how many times has GRMM changed his mind? I still doubt this series ends in 7 books. It may take 8. So then it would be GRMM changing his mind again. I still think he has to introduce a Tyrell POV at some point.

It would be interesting if the QUEEN OF THRONES was a Prologue chapter. Maybe QOT is with LORAS at Dragonstone and we find out if he is really injured.

Everyone says GRRM says no new POVs. But how many times has GRMM changed his mind? I still doubt this series ends in 7 books. It may take 8. So then it would be GRMM changing his mind again. I still think he has to introduce a Tyrell POV at some point.

It would be interesting if the QUEEN OF THRONES was a Prologue chapter. Maybe QOT is with LORAS at Dragonstone and we find out if he is really injured.

I've heard a theory that Loras is perfectly fine, but found something at Dragonstone he wants to keep under wraps. By putting out the story that he's injured, no one questions why he hasn't returned to King's Landing.

So far all of the Prologue characters have been killed in some sort of juxtaposition with magic or magical creatures: Will was killed by a wight, Cressen died when he tried to kill Melisandre (who had rescued herself via magic), Chett was killed during the battle against the wights/Others on the Fist, Pate was murdered by a Faceless Man, Varamyr was himself a skinchanger and he died in the snow, after failing to steal a human body (although an argument can be made that Varamyr, the one magical Prologue character, isn't really dead, since he's still running around in his wolf). But certainly none of the Prologue characters were killed by mundane enemies or in purely mundane ways.

If this pattern holds true, then TWOW Prologue character won't be some peon in Storm's End, since Aegon has no magical aspects to himself or his army, it won't be during a Darkstar/Obara Sand clash because there's no magical aspect there, and it won't be Bowen Marsh, unless he gets killed by Jon warging Ghost or by some other magical connection. It could be Margaery, being killed after UnGregor kills her champion, since UnGregor is a magical creation; it could be Cotter Pyke or someone else at Hardhome (due to the Others/wights connection), it could be someone in Winterfell if some sort of magic in Winterfell (Kings of Winter rising from their graves, Lady digging herself out of her grave, etc.) is being activated. I can't see it being someone killed in a non-magical clash, however, unless of course this pattern doesn't hold true.

I've heard a theory that Loras is perfectly fine, but found something at Dragonstone he wants to keep under wraps. By putting out the story that he's injured, no one questions why he hasn't returned to King's Landing.

I actually believe this.

I think that we'll see the typical prologue treatment: someone relatively minor, down south (since we had a beyond-the-Wall POV in ADWD), in a place we haven't yet seen, who ends up dead. I also like Tze's point that magic or supernaturalism has always been at play.

If we add the fact that the Prologue south the Wall was both times in a city the reader sees for the first time... we could reduce the amount of possibilities.

Lannisport

Casterly Rock

Gulltown

Highgarden

We've seen White Harbor, Winterfell, Storm's End, Oldtown, the Eyrie, Sunspear, Pyke, Riverrun, Dragonstone and King's Landing. If it's actually meant to be a smaller town or castle, then it'd be almost impossible to guess. The above list is of the "big four" (two cities, two castles) that we haven't yet seen, if the primary list consists of the nine family castles, the four major cities and King's Landing.

Lannisport

Casterly Rock

Gulltown

Highgarden

My money's on Highgarden. The Tyrells are the one major House that contains no POV characters, and there are no POV characters in Highgarden's vicinity (the closest is Sam, and while I can imagine scenarios with Sam in the Citadel or Horn Hill or possibly in King's Landing, I can't see what would logically bring him to Highgarden). We have three Lannister POVs who could logically either reminisce about Casterly Rock or Lannisport or simply head to either place directly (as has been possibly foreshadowed with Cersei or Tyrion). Davos has a long and proud tradition of washing up on the shores of various ports, not to mention Sansa's in the Vale, so a Prologue in Gulltown isn't necessarily the only way to see that place. A Prologue in Highgarden makes sense from a logistical perspective, although if the pattern of magical involvement in previous Prologues holds true, I can't imagine what magical connection we'd see in Highgarden, especially as Highgarden's apparent major claim to fame, its gardens, won't really be so striking as winter has come to even King's Landing.

Hey, perhaps the Prologue will take place in the Neck? Some crannog Lord decides to challenge Howland Reed (where does House Marsh hail from? Just a thought) and gets his ass handed to him by the swamp ninja. We have no POV characters in the vicinity of Greywater Watch, and we have to see what's going on there before too long, since the fallout from the plot we glimpsed at the end of AFFC has to come to a head sometime soon. Plus, if Howland Reed is a skinchanger, as many have speculated, that would satisfy the magical component present in all other Prologue POVs.

Although now that I think about it, there's a distinct alternating pattern in the Prologues between showcasing the magic of the West and the magic of the East: AGOT = Others/wights, magic of the West; ACOK = Melisandre, magic of the East; ASOS = Others/wights, magic of the West; AFFC = Faceless Man, magic of the East; ADWD = skinchangers, magic of the West. By that pattern, the prologue of TWOW will showcase magic deriving from Essos---possibly the warlocks with Euron?

Hey, perhaps the Prologue will take place in the Neck? Some crannog Lord decides to challenge Howland Reed (where does House Marsh hail from? Just a thought) and gets his ass handed to him by the swamp ninja. We have no POV characters in the vicinity of Greywater Watch, and we have to see what's going on there before too long, since the fallout from the plot we glimpsed at the end of AFFC has to come to a head sometime soon. Plus, if Howland Reed is a skinchanger, as many have speculated, that would satisfy the magical component present in all other Prologue POVs.

House Marsh: http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/House_Marsh

There is no reference in the text to this house, it's only found in the Heraldry in the Citadel. But on the wiki it's placed as bannermen to the Boltons. hmmm.

I think you are right about magic being involved, and since the two previous southern POVs involved maesters I think this one could also. But I doubt there is a maester in GW :)

I think someone is messing with the Wiki to be honest... It's not good info.

ETA: someone have placed the Starks under extinct houses and moved the Boltons up to Great House of the North. Does not seem right to me... Regarding present political status this is probably correct. But the Starks are not extinct in any case.

I'm not 100% sure about this since I don't have the books on me right now, but haven't the appendicies mentioned the name of the Maester of Casterly Rock? I could see it being them or a Maester from Highgarden.

Maester Creylen serves at Casterly Rock and Maester Lomys at Highgarden. One of them could be the prologue of the TWOW

House Marsh: http://awoiaf.wester...php/House_Marsh

There is no reference in the text to this house, it's only found in the Heraldry in the Citadel. But on the wiki it's placed as bannermen to the Boltons. hmmm.

I think you are right about magic being involved, and since the two previous southern POVs involved maesters I think this one could also. But I doubt there is a maester in GW :)

They are bannermen of the Boltons since Roose has been appointed Warden of the North. They are likely from the Neck, and could be sworn to House Reed.

Archived