Mafia 85: The Nightmare After Christmas

House Targaryen

And, btw, my head is breaking a little looking at the role list. So freaking many. The roles that have vote limitations are the ones that worry me most in a 'How can this screw us over' kind of way.

I've had a think about this; none of them are completely 'gonna fuck us overable', even in LyLo they can all vote (actor/merciful) and fool can just give it's vote to the person it thinks is town (if it's a town fool), so I don't think it's going to be a big issue.

The people with vote limitations should claim too. It doesn't inform their alignment, but it would be good to lay that card on the table now.

no. That narrows down the pool for useful pr's for the FM. This is a bad idea. Why should a merciful claim? Just make sure you don't have to hammer.

I'm also kind of wondering how that 'your vote won't be counted unless it would hang someone' thing works. So, if they vote at L-3 because they have to take off and won't be around for the lynch, does their vote show up in the votecount once it reaches L-1? Do they have to actually place the hammer? (so yeah - do not have this role, obviously In fact - no vote messing roles or Miller claim here.)

I'm also kind of wondering how that 'your vote won't be counted unless it would hang someone' thing works. So, if they vote at L-3 because they have to take off and won't be around for the lynch, does their vote show up in the votecount once it reaches L-1? Do they have to actually place the hammer? (so yeah - do not have this role, obviously In fact - no vote messing roles or Miller claim here.)

It won't count. well, okay I actually didn't ask that but it's the only way I've ever seen it implemented. You literally can ONLY hammer or your vote won't count.

And you think that is not a potential 'fuck us over' kind of move?

Did I stutter? Yes that's what I said. How can it? It can vote if it lives until LyLo which is the most important thing, it means *gasp* it might not be able to vote coming to deadline but we theoretically we shouldn't be depending on one player to vote/not vote coming up to deadline *anyway*.

Did I stutter? Yes that's what I said. How can it? It can vote if it lives until LyLo which is the most important thing, it means *gasp* it might not be able to vote coming to deadline but we theoretically we shouldn't be depending on one player to vote/not vote coming up to deadline *anyway*.

Um, ok. In a perfect world maybe. I've seen too many clusterfuck votes or near misses that lack only one vote ... or we compromise at the last minute because we don't have the numbers to lynch the leader and so many other shenanigans. The fact that that person will be taken out of vote analysis because their vote doesn't count until go time (they can say anything they want, but can't back it up with action except in very specific circumstances). I see it as a huge wrench in the works.

(Merciful vig would be a funny combo btw, lol) I mean I see your point I just think they'll probably come out naturally.

Okay, the merciful really isn't too much of a risk unless we're literally voting 2 minutes to deadline because if there are others online they can just unvote and *then* let him vote, or if the merciful feels the need to claim later in the day they can. I see no reason to do so now. If there's an actor it'll probably become obvious quite quickly (i.e. those that have voted; they're not actors). I'm guessing we've only 1 of these roles in the game anyway, as they're sort of annoying tbh and don't add a lot.

But yeah, I don't really see the need for them to claim now. It's not a big deal I just prefer to keep the info hidden when I think we can work around it, for the moment. I wouldn't claim if I was a merciful for instance, I'd just get on wagons early.

Stick Pony and Toy Unicorn, what do you think of all this speculation? It's rather boring isn't it?

It is Day 1.

18 players remain:

Action Figure, Barbie, Chatter Phone, Dinosaur, Jack In The Box, Lego Man, Mr. Potato Head, Plush Toy, Puppet, Rag Doll, RC Vehicle, Robot, Rubber Duck, Slinky Dog, Stick Pony, Truck, Toy Unicorn, Wiggle Snake.

10 votes are required to lynch, or 9 votes are required to go to Night.

2 Votes for Barbie (Action Figure, Truck)

1 Vote for Robot (Jack in The Box)

1 Vote for Slinky Dog (Dinosaur)

1 Vote for Toy Unicorn (Stick Pony)

13 players Not voting:

Barbie, Chatter Phone, Lego Man, Mr. Potato Head, Plush Toy, Puppet, Rag Doll, RC Vehicle, Robot, Rubber Duck, Slinky Dog, Toy Unicorn, Wiggle Snake.

It is Day 1.

18 players remain:

Action Figure, Barbie, Chatter Phone, Dinosaur, Jack In The Box, Lego Man, Mr. Potato Head, Plush Toy, Puppet, Rag Doll, RC Vehicle, Robot, Rubber Duck, Slinky Dog, Stick Pony, Truck, Toy Unicorn, Wiggle Snake.

10 votes are required to lynch, or 9 votes are required to go to Night.

2 Votes for Barbie (Action Figure, Truck)

1 Vote for Robot (Jack in The Box)

1 Vote for Slinky Dog (Dinosaur)

2 Votes for Toy Unicorn (Stick Pony, Lego Man)

12 players Not voting:

Barbie, Chatter Phone, Mr. Potato Head, Plush Toy, Puppet, Rag Doll, RC Vehicle, Robot, Rubber Duck, Slinky Dog, Toy Unicorn, Wiggle Snake.

And the rag doll appears... all dirty, smelly and filled with little girl's drool. Probably one of the lamest, oldest, and crappiest toys in the bunch.

But hey, you've got to work with what you are given.

Any who, Chatter Phone, not too chatty for a chatter. I personally don't like it.

Also agree with the Miller claim, and also Happy new year to everyone, best way to begin, with a good Mafia game.

Archived