Mafia 85: The Nightmare After Christmas

House Targaryen

All people with sanity issues are informed of this fact. I was tempted to get them to claim and get them treated but if they have sanity issues AND a role surely they can work out the best way to play it. I mean a Finder with sanity issues is likely to get opposite results. It might be worth claiming if you have a role you feel is useless without being cured, but maybe not yet.

This is my first game using insanity - how is it cured? I see one of the roles is psychiatrist, but that only mentions diagnosing insanity (like an insanity-only finder), not curing it.

Plus, if I'm reading the insanity description right - it only says that there's a chance the person could be insane, not that they absolutely are - so again, why would they want/need to claim it?

They would want to claim so that the psychiatrist can tell them if they are sane or not. And insanity is not cured, as far as i'm concerned. But knowing about it will help you do what you want to do. Since an insane person does exactly the opposite of what they're trying to do.

So yes, by knowing you are insane you can "twist" you illness and do somethings you want to do, by telling the mods to do the opposite and have them do what you want to accomplish.

Yeah, I misread the Pscyh PM. Bleh, that's less useful. I suppose if we have one they can just check people and if they get an insane result they'll tell them. If you are told in your role PM you're insane (I guess it's unclear from the description whether you're guaranteed to be or not) you should probably be careful using your ability. I don't know how certain roles work with insanity but I can assume opposite results for investigative roles, at least.

And if I was an insane vig (for example) I'd certainly wanna know whether I was sane or insane - otoh maybe insanity claims is a bad idea - it seems like it'd only be paired with a useful PR, so we should probably not do that. TBH I think an insane cop would be kinda shitty in a no reveal game with a symp anyway, so let's just hope the mods have good taste like me :P

edit: grammers

Mind you, Rag Doll, Aerosmith wrote you a song and your owner is a ten year old girl, who happens to like tea parties and frolicky dresses. So you smell of Autumn Roses of the Reach. :grin:

O'rly?!?!?

Nice to know! And here I was thinking I smelled all bad and stuff!! =D

Also worth noting

• All millers are informed of being millers as per the mods. There are no secret millers.
  • All people with sanity issues are informed of this fact. I was tempted to get them to claim and get them treated but if they have sanity issues AND a role surely they can work out the best way to play it. I mean a Finder with sanity issues is likely to get opposite results. It might be worth claiming if you have a role you feel is useless without being cured, but maybe not yet.

how did you know this?

Well it's in the first post, now. It wasn't then so I asked the mods. Why do you care?

Cuz it wasn't in the first post to start. they edited it in later, after your post. So it was weird that you'd have the info, unless you were some sort of Insane Miller which would be a very odd role combo.

Hey Toy Unicorn. Talk to me about the votes on you.

Obviously Stick Horse's was a random joke vote considering I hadn't even checked in yet. Normally I'd scrutinize Truck and Lego's pile-on second votes, but I this early on day 1 that's probably not very productive. Lego seemed to chip his in after you mentioned Stick and I in relation to your conversation about the miller role. I'm not sure what I think about that, and if it's any more suspicious than Truck's vote.

I agree with the Miller claiming today.

I don't think it's a good idea for vote restrictive people to claim yet. Action made sense. Not only would it narrow the pool for pr roles for FM to go after, it seems like it would also give them an idea of what they could or couldn't fake claim as time went on.

As far as worrying about insanity, it says under insanity that we would be informed if we were. If we don't have that in our pm we can safely assume we're sane.

Blah blah blah. You are all crummy inferior toys. Less spammy more worky. Lets try not to have a repeat of last game's inane spam clusterhump. If I could figure out how to bold off this stupid iPod I'd be voting unicorn.

Eta- Or jack.

I agree with the Miller claiming today.

I don't think it's a good idea for vote restrictive people to claim yet. Action made sense. Not only would it narrow the pool for pr roles for FM to go after, it seems like it would also give them an idea of what they could or couldn't fake claim as time went on.

As far as worrying about insanity, it says under insanity that we would be informed if we were. If we don't have that in our pm we can safely assume we're sane.

Are you a Jack-in-the-Box or a parrot? polly wanna cracker?

Archived