Mafia 85: The Nightmare After Christmas

House Targaryen

Mr Potato Head left his eyes in the other toy box, and as such didn't realise the thread was here until now!

Fear not though, I have them back now, and have commenced threadreading duties!

Excuse overkill. The has only been going a few hours. Why did you feel the need to explain yourself so emphatically?

Normally I'd scrutinize Truck and Lego's pile-on second votes, but I this early on day 1 that's probably not very productive. Lego seemed to chip his in after you mentioned Stick and I in relation to your conversation about the miller role. I'm not sure what I think about that, and if it's any more suspicious than Truck's vote.

I want you to tell me why you think Truck voted for you.

Excuse overkill. The has only been going a few hours. Why did you feel the need to explain yourself so emphatically?

It wasn't particularly emphatic. I saw 5 pages of posts and assumed it'd been going a while.

It seems my previous player just likes short pages!

Plus times are always in some moontimezone. I didn't know how long it had been going.

ps. I really dislike your soft insane claim earlier. It's either a nice setup for later, an attempt to waste a psych's time (depriving them a chance of hitting someone else and finding an actual insane result) or a great way to draw a huge target on your own chest.

Better the insane finding person checks at random, rather than being openly led to check a certain person. Unless said leading happens after the potentially insane has a result, but while we're at least reasonably sure a healer is around.

It was hardly soft. Why did you ignore the most plausible explanation that he's just insane? I mean, that's the most likely- right? A huge target, why is that a reason to dislike it? Which of the three theories you proposed do you see as most likely btw?

Cuz it wasn't in the first post to start. they edited it in later, after your post. So it was weird that you'd have the info, unless you were some sort of Insane Miller which would be a very odd role combo.

Why is it weird for someone to want to understand all the roles in the game, even if they don't have the role?

It was hardly soft. Why did you ignore the most plausible explanation that he's just insane? I mean, that's the most likely- right? A huge target, why is that a reason to dislike it? Which of the three theories you proposed do you see as most likely btw?

Honestly, I think it was probably just a dumb move by someone who is insane.

I still dislike it though.

Why is it weird for someone to want to understand all the roles in the game, even if they don't have the role?

At the time, I didn't see anything in his post that said he had asked the mods. first time I read it, I saw the phrase "as per the mods" as pointing to the roles post in the thread. which looked strange b/c it wasn't true. Now looking back, I guess "as per the mods" could fit with asking them by PM.

It wasn't particularly emphatic. I saw 5 pages of posts and assumed it'd been going a while.

It seems my previous player just likes short pages!

Plus times are always in some moontimezone. I didn't know how long it had been going.

Your first post didn't catch my attention as over-explanation. But this one definitely does. And an exclamation point added in for extra fakeness? wow

I'm going to bed in half an hour and will be back in around 16 hours. Already dread the amount of pages there will most certainly be on my return...

At the moment I can say I get inno vibes from Action Figure and Lego. Also, there's something in Plush Animal's few posts that makes me feel suspicious, but I can't really put my finger on it.

At the time, I didn't see anything in his post that said he had asked the mods. first time I read it, I saw the phrase "as per the mods" as pointing to the roles post in the thread. which looked strange b/c it wasn't true. Now looking back, I guess "as per the mods" could fit with asking them by PM.

the mods made only minor changes to the set of roles, and these changes didn't concern insanity and millers as far as i remember

Honestly, I think it was probably just a dumb move by someone who is insane.

I still dislike it though.

That's, like, your opinion man.

It was a hard claim, not that being insane makes me town. It just makes me rolled like everybody else. Rolled and insane. I was thinking of soft claiming. I was thinking I'd put some lyrics from Some Crazy Dame by Dramarama in my sig, but soft claiming sucks and there is no reason for it in an all rolled game.

Your first post didn't catch my attention as over-explanation. But this one definitely does. And an exclamation point added in for extra fakeness? wow

Every single one of his posts has so far contained an exclamation point. I'm not sure what that means, or if it means anything at all but it's worth noting.

Archived