Bran

ShadowRaven

In the recently released sample chapter, we see that the crows screamed Theon´s name and tried to speak more. Now tell me, how come so many crows know his name?

The one and only reason I can think of is that Bran is communicating through them. If he can already shout a few names, what could he do when his powers grow? Do you think he could actually speak via a crow?

What do you think?

I was thinking this could be a major problem for anyone trying to send raven mail in the future. Bran can just warg any raven with a messige and send it to anyone that is helping him. Lets say a frey is sending a letter to ramsey he could just make it fly to jon and then jon knows everyones plans.

We already knew that BR used the ravens to speak words so it is not a stretch at all to see Bran use them. The problem is that no-one validates the ravens as having any intelligence. How is Bran going to get anyone to take the ravens seriously? Perhaps if he had a 1,000 crows all saying the same thing at the same time in front of Northmen they would realize that the crows could be useful.

We already knew that BR used the ravens to speak words so it is not a stretch at all to see Bran use them. The problem is that no-one validates the ravens as having any intelligence. How is Bran going to get anyone to take the ravens seriously? Perhaps if he had a 1,000 crows all saying the same thing at the same time in front of Northmen they would realize that the crows could be useful.

i think them talking in complete sentences would be sufficient...

Well regardless of if the people realize the ravens are useful or not -- they do seem to have some influence on events. In this newly released chapter the ravens start saying "tree" and "Theon" just before Asha ever enters the room and then suddenly Asha wants to bring Theon to a weirwood to have him executed. I don't think Bran or Bloodraven is warging into Asha, but they somehow certainly are manipulating the events.

I think the POV of Bran is going to explain alot concerning the Others

I think they are going to take Theon in front of the weirwoods because Stannis wants to appease the northmen. Then half the raven in the North are going to land in that weirwood and start yelling Theon. I don't know what will happen afterwards but I hope he dies, because he helped destroy Winterfell and all its people.

I think Bran wants to get Stannis to the weirwood trees to remind him of the true threat. It would serve to convince any attending northmen and ironborn of the true threat as well. Whether Stannis unites the North or sits the Iron Throne is irrelevant if the Others come down and obliterate Westeros. Regardless of the AA speculation I believe Stannis is best suited to lead the defense against the Others. I think Bran, Mel, Jon, the wildlings, Stannis, the northmen and the ironborn, perhaps even Dany, will all unite in their understanding of and defense against the greater threat. The South, Aegon, the Iron Throne may all have to wait until the real battle is settled before getting sorted out. I guess it all depends on what readers think Stannis' true purpose in the SoIaF is supposed to be and how much any of us buy into the concept that Davos posited regarding saving the realm in order to win it. I think Stannis is too intelligent to step over golden dragons to collect coppers and Bran will remind him that once the Battle of Winterfell is won, Stannis will need to bring his united forces back up to the Wall.

So I think Bran wants everyone to come to the weirwood so that he can magically enlighten them to the truth of some things, like the fact that he is alive and Theon is not a kinslayer, and to unite them in their greater purpose. Wouldn't it be wonderful if upon their return from this experience, Davos is waiting at the Tower with Rickon and Shaggy?

No, I don't think Bran want's Theon sacrificed, king's blood or not. Theon saved Bran long ago in AGoT and when Theon took Winterfell he spared most of the smallfolk and treated them gently, except for those who resisted. It was Ramsey who burned Winterfell and tortured the smallfolk, bringing the women back to the Dreadfort to hunt them. I think Bran knows who really sacked Winterfell. In Theon's compromised mental state, perhaps Bran will use him to communicate certain truths. I doubt Bran is into much bloodshed or revenge. Theon never hurt Bran. I think Bran will use the opportunity to unite all forces present against the threat of the Others.

The children are not the Others.

The Others = a Winter that never ends and the death of living things.

Bran/BR and the Children are trying to keep that from happening.

What the Others are or were we have no way of knowing yet but the physical description we got in AGOT is tall, thin & pale. The description we have of the Children is that they are small even when full grown.

Bran is working to save humanity. Does he need Theon alive to do this? Maybe.

What we know is this. Sooner or later, Stannis is going to kill Theon for his "crimes" against the North. Asha has asked him to honor the North for whom he is enacting the justice by beheading Theon in front of a Weirtree. The crows/Bran/BR seem to what the same thing too.

So lets say it's a given and Stannis will take Theon and a lot of northmen, as witnesses, over to the inlet with the Weirtree. Then what?

Either Bran will some how "save" Theon from his fate ( maybe by talking to everyone thru the tree) or Bran/BR want Theon's kingsblood for themselves.

Even if Bran does want the blood to increase his powers that does not make him bad or evil or set him on the road to being the Great Other.

we all have our theories dont try and state facts. cus dont know just read the board children=others is pretty big around here. i think bran is not the good guy and bloodraven is "IMO" a very bad dude taking control of a damaged and twisted kid, and his reign of terror will start soon. (he will only be a bad man in the sense of going agaisnt humanity, but this doesnt make him evil, in his mind he will be fighting to preserve all that humans destroy.)

also if stannis takes alot of northmen to the tree then, so what? he lops off theons head and thats the end of it. Bran or bloodraven will have theons blood in the roots and they will know all he knows.

if anything this will boost stannis rep with the northmen.

they wont know a thing about bran and bloodraven using the blood. because there will be no physical manifeistation, it will just be the blood seeping down to the roots.

this blood may allow bran for a short time to maybe speak through the trees. thats a shot in the dark there.

He cant stop or change anything he doesnt have the powers "yet" or at all. he urges them to the tree so the blood will be of use to him.

Why would he save theon, theon betrayed his family, maybe he was kind to the small folk but what would NED do.

Ned would kill him.

Bran uderstands this and will allow the death of turncloak.

Aryafaceless

we all have our theories dont try and state facts.

I have seen the boards proposing that the Children= Others I think your sentence says all it but I have no problem with your theories or anyone elses.

It's a free make believe world we're living in here and all the "crackpottery" just makes it more interesting. That being said, you have to base your speculations on something - preferably something the author has actually written or eluded to.

Personally, I think the theory of the "Great Spagehetti Monster in the Sky" more plausible ( at this point) that Bran or the Children being the "Others"

Archived