Cersei and "the new beautiful queen to cast her down"

Aimee Snow

Dani is the obvious choice, which in a Martin novel makes her shaky. Sansa is "married" to Tyrion, so she's sort of a Lannister, and the Imp may make a comeback. He hates his sister even more than Sansa does and they may join forces to pull her down.

For a real dark horse, how about Asha? She could become queen of the Ironborn and could easily pull Cersei down if they overrun Westeros.

I don't think Margaery has the horsepower to do it. There is some speculation about her brother Loras; he's pretty enough, but is he a queen?

These are the obvious candidates (doesn't mean that it has to be one of them though):

Margaery, Arianne, Sansa, and Daenerys.

Margaery is in the best position to do this at the moment but she is already suspected by Cersei and has the problem of being a too obvious possibility. Cannot be ruled out, though, as she might be the one.

Daenerys could also fulfill the criteria rather easily. However, I suspect that Cersei will be driven out of King's Landing or dead by the time that Daenerys arrives in Westeros. She also has the problem of being too obvious (a queen does have to be "obvious," so this objection may not matter as much as usual). If Daenerys first landed at Casterly Rock it would be easy to see how she could seize Cersei's remaining interests.

Arianne might also fit the bill. Ambitious and might pull something off if the Tyrell-Lannister alliance totally crumbles and the Lannisters are dethroned.

The trouble with Sansa is that very drastic changes would have to occur to her situation to make it so that she would directly cast Cersei down and take "all that she holds dear." Possible, but no clear route to fulfill the prophecy at present unless LF makes a move to establish her as the Queen of Westeros.

Longer shot possibilities:

Melisandre - If Stannis ultimately seizes the throne it is possible that Melisandre might play an instrumental role in the Lannister overthrow and sacrifice some of what Cersei holds dear. Not a literal queen but is considered by some to act as Stannis's "true queen."

Asha - Maybe, but would require very drastic plot twists to enable this to happen. Least likely of the ones listed here in my opinion. If Euron does succeed conquering King's Landing, it is likely that he (and perhaps his queen, whoever that might be/if he even has one) will be the main power eliminating Cersei, if the Tyrells have not already made her a virtual prisoner.

The only realistic or remotely possible contendors at present seem to be those discussed above. If it is someone else, the prophecy either must have an unexpected twist or there is some kind of well kept secret waiting to emerge.

My initial thoughts were that it would be Dany, she is the obvious person to take everything from Cersei when she returns, it just doesn't look like she is going to have 'everything' for much longer and Dany is nowhere in sight.

Arianne will never be a Queen now that we know Dorne is backing Dany and that she will be the heir to Sunspear so i can't see her doing much, nor Sansa, who i can't imagine killing kids, especially not kids she knows like Tommen.

Which leave Marge, who didn't seem to have the power or guts for that either, however it could be that Cersei has created a self fulfilling prophecy. By trying so hard to get rid of young Marge, she managed to cause her own downfall when the Church offs her. Just my tuppence.

• 4 weeks later...

Cersei's kind of gone crazy on her end so in fact any person in the story could be her downfall since only she is trustworthy yet she betrays all. She was all happy go lucky for Marg to Marry Joff, but now that Tommen is there she has no idea. Kelvan tells her she is a bad mother which she doesn't believe yet she is favoring a dead son over the live one.

I think the person to take down Cersei will be Marg, but only because she just has to sit back and do nothing. Cersei is killing herself.

• 2 weeks later...

Dany came up to me first, but at this point it could really be any of them, assuming the prophecy even does come true. One thing that may point to Dany though is that throughout AFFC, Cersei dismisses the reports about dragons, while the other parties like the Ironmen, Dornishmen, Maesters seem to be moving toward her, hinting that Cersei is bound to meet an unknown threat.

If we look in retrospective she knows all the other players and is actively working against them to some degree, actively plotting against Margaey and seeking Sansa's capture as well as defeat Stannis/melisandre. She also wants to crush the ironmen and does interact with Dorne , so that leaves only Dany as the hidden player. maybe i'm overlooking it but there could be a hint there.

Archived