Which Pov will we get with the paperback ADWD?

Candor

i would like a davos chapter. or a sam chapter cause we haven't got a glimpse in while of the shit going down in oldtown. what's jaqen up to in that disguise as a maester hopeful? and what kind of conflict is he gonna have with sam, since sam got a bad vibe from the guy when introduced to him?

Yikes, it was just wishful thinking about the Jon chapter. I even said in my post it probably would not be Jon for that very reason...

I'm hoping it's one of the main characters, i.e. the original POVs. I really don't want to read a Damphair (sorry, but I can't stand this character) or Arianne (don't like her either) chapter, unless the chapter is revealing something important that will impact the story in a huge way. I'd prefer to read about someone who wasn't a POV in ADWD like Sansa or Sam.

The only reason why I'd want a Damphair POV is if the Others somehow invade the Iron Islands.

GRRM said at the WorldCon that there were some interesting things happening in the Damphair chapter so I'm willing to believe him since, you know, he's the author of the books and he knows more than all of us what's important and what's not .

GRRM said at the WorldCon that there were some interesting things happening in the Damphair chapter so I'm willing to believe him since, you know, he's the author of the books and he knows more than all of us what's important and what's not .

Don't get your knickers in a twist dear. We're all entitled to our own opinions about which POV preview we'd like to read. There's no need to be confrontational about it.

For AFFC we got a Dany chapter, which I think is due to her being GRRM's favorite character

Yep, I liked that preview very much. It provoked me in buying the hard cover ADWD, couldn't wait for the paperback release :bang:

Dany could be a favourite character for GRRM. I seem to recall some interviews where he said he liked writing for Arya and Tyrion most. Can't find the exact quotes though.

He's got about 100 MS pages of stuff already written, in another thread a mod said that's about 4 chapters. Theon is one of those obviously since we just got it, he read Arriane at that con, he wrote a third Arya chapter which wasn't in Dance (I remember reading that somewhere) and we also know he's got a Damphair ready.

So, assuming he won't give out the Arriane since he already read it publicly, the only options seem to be Damphair and Arya. My money is on Arya. Her stuff isn't all that central to the main plot at the moment anyway, so I could definitely see it being her.

Question here,

Has GRRM ever put the bonus chapter on his site after it comes out in paperback?

I ask only if no, then I have to buy the paperback to get that info, or if he puts it on his site I just print it and stick it in the back of my ADWD hard cover.

When unemployed I need to save where I can. :)

Just read it in the shop...

GRRM probably thought that the chapter filled with descriptions of Daenerys using Essos as her personal toilet was important. Forgive me if I am not inclined to trust him on this.

He's got about 100 MS pages of stuff already written, in another thread a mod said that's about 4 chapters. Theon is one of those obviously since we just got it, he read Arriane at that con, he wrote a third Arya chapter which wasn't in Dance (I remember reading that somewhere) and we also know he's got a Damphair ready.

So, assuming he won't give out the Arriane since he already read it publicly, the only options seem to be Damphair and Arya. My money is on Arya. Her stuff isn't all that central to the main plot at the moment anyway, so I could definitely see it being her.

He seems to have way more than 4 chapters ready. We already knew he had at least one Arya and one Sansa chapter written, and parts of the resolution of ADWD were moved to TWOW by the editor (but presumably exist at least in draft form). Theon's chapter released now is part of the "battle of ice" resolution.

Furthermore, we know there is at least one Damphair chapter and 2 Arianne chapters (the second of which was read at a con). I would estimate Martin has 8-10 chapters completed or mostly completed of TWOW, maybe even a few more.

Regarding Damphair, maybe Martin feels he has some reveals about Euron that should be interesting? If that is it, I would greatly prefer a Sansa or Sam or Brienne chapter.

Hey, i'm relatively new to these books (started reading them after watching the tv programme) so until ADWD, all the other books I read were paperback. Have I read this correctly?! Does GRRM usually add an extra chapter to the paprback?! One that wasn't included in the hardback?! What a con that is!

Hey, i'm relatively new to these books (started reading them after watching the tv programme) so until ADWD, all the other books I read were paperback. Have I read this correctly?! Does GRRM usually add an extra chapter to the paprback?! One that wasn't included in the hardback?! What a con that is!

Uh dude, do you really expect him to put a sample of the next book in the hardcover edition? Really? If he hadn't moved a bunch of stuff from ADwD to TWoW then he probably wouldn't have anything written yet. You should be thankful that it looks like we will be getting at least THREE chapters from the new book ahead of schedule (Arianne, Theon, and the sample).

I don't think it'll be the Arianne chapter he did a reading for. Maybe the alternative Aeron Damphair chapter?

Really though I think it almost has to be a "biggie."

I think it will be the Damphair chapter, simply because it might be the easiest and quickest to insert. He had it written, and ready to read, when the Arianne chapter was read. Wasn't he even trying to push people to pick that chapter when they were given the choice? With the Damphair chapter, no extra writing is needed and he seemed eager to show it off.

That said, I cannot stand Damphair. Hopefully, it will be the beginning of his end, and some good insight into what Euron is up to.

Jon Connington and the fall of Storm's End would be great, but probably too big to give away at this stage.

Sansa is probably doing something inconsequential (which is all she ever does), so that might be it. Otherwise, he has the Damphair chapter written and ready, so he could go with that.

Jon Connington and the fall of Storm's End would be great, but probably too big to give away at this stage.

Sansa is probably doing something inconsequential (which is all she ever does), so that might be it. Otherwise, he has the Damphair chapter written and ready, so he could go with that.

Sansa's stuff might be inconsequential, but she is a STARK...that counts for something. Honestly, I want the Others to invade, I want Dany to arrive in Westeros for better or for worse, I want to see who wins the Iron Throne by the end of this series, I want to know if the Iron Throne still stands at all by the conclusion...but most of all, I want the Starks (and Jon Snow) to get their revenge.

Archived