Which Pov will we get with the paperback ADWD?

Candor

Can someone explain to me what are these battles? Battle of Ice? and the Battle of Fire?

I'm assuming that the Ice battle is between Team Stannis and Team Bolton and the Fire Battle is in Mereen which is Team Danaerys vs. Team Everyone else in Essos?

If this is correct and GRRM cut these chapters out from ADWD then they must take place fairly earlier in TWOW. They seem to be really significant battles. Maybe the conclusion of these battles will give way to the song of ice and fire?

Just so. ;)

And thats also the reason, why we most likely won't see a POV from Essos, as it would reveal the outcome of the battle of fire; also we won't get a Wall-POV, because it would tell us about Jon.

I think it will be either Arya, Sansa, Sam or Damphair( :ack: ) - I hope for Sansa or Sam, as it is quite calm around them at the moment and he could easily through a WTF?!?-situation in it, building another clifhanger.

Question for longer fans -

So far two chapters have been shown, and one more in the Dance paperback makes three. Based on the previous books, is this all we can expect till TWoW? Or might GRRM show a fourth?

Thank you. :)

Question for longer fans -

So far two chapters have been shown, and one more in the Dance paperback makes three. Based on the previous books, is this all we can expect till TWoW? Or might GRRM show a fourth?

Thank you. :)

A lot more than 4 chapters were either released or read at events for ADWD (each one has a pinned thread in the pre-ADWD forum on this site). Of course, that novel took like 6 years to get out, so we should probably hope he won't even have a enough time to release as many spoilers for TWOW as he did for ADWD.

I have no idea how many spoilers he let out for the ACOK, ASOS and AFFC as I wasn't even aware of the series back then. I'm curious about how he handled spoilers for those books as well.

A lot more than 4 chapters were either released or read at events for ADWD (each one has a pinned thread in the pre-ADWD forum on this site). Of course, that novel took like 6 years to get out, so we should probably hope he won't even have a enough time to release as many spoilers for TWOW as he did for ADWD.

I have no idea how many spoilers he let out for the ACOK, ASOS and AFFC as I wasn't even aware of the series back then. I'm curious about how he handled spoilers for those books as well.

I checked out the pre-DWD forum, fourteen chapters by my count. Awesome. But yes let's hope for as few as possible. :D

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question - Martin released short stories about Dany in the first 2 books. Are this stories the same as the book chapters ? and what comes first - the short stories or the books ?

I'm not sure, but I read that the short stories were based on the chapters of the books AGoT and ASoS. So, I guess that the story is the same, but adapted to the format of short story... But it's a guess.

I have a question - Martin released short stories about Dany in the first 2 books. Are this stories the same as the book chapters ? and what comes first - the short stories or the books ?

See this FAQ answer: http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/FAQ/Entry/What_are_Blood_of_the_Dragon_Path_of_the_Dragon_and_Arms_of_the_Kraken/

with the big reveal about bloodraven/bran and the old gods im thinking the damphair chapter might show us something about the drowned god. samwell will show us the seven as a tool of the maesters and well be left wondering about rhlor. thats at least my own crackpot theory.

that being said im hoping for a sansa chapter

• 2 weeks later...

I would assume that GRRM will not resolve any of major cliffhangers (Jon/Danaerys/Winterfell), but maybe shed a little light on a smaller one. Maybe a Jaime/Brienne pov chapter - of course ending with another cliffhanger like trial by combat.

That's an even bigger cliffhanger than Daenerys. I suspect it'll be a Slayer or a Sansa one.

Archived