(Book Spoilers) Jojen and Meera Reid in Season 2

The Warg

I think cutting Reek/Ramsay would be a terrible, terrible, decision and a real disservice to viewers. Not to mention to Theon! AND Ramsay! It's the only time he is clever; now he's just a very, very sick puppy. Not that I feel even the teensiest bit of sympathy for him. If not so much as a single character is wholly evil I wish GRRM would tell us what Ramsay's one redeeming feature is.

However, I think they HAVE cut the deception. If Winterfell is indeed sacked, and nowhere is there a mention of an actor who has been cast as Reek or Ramsay, then the deception is just on us.

I absolutely think Sack has to happen this season. I thought we had reports confirming that.

It is as important climax as Blackwater, without it, whole Theon story has no dramatic ending. and 3rd season does not need extra stuff.

Are they going to recast Lisa? Because this is one great actress who'll have nothing to do for a long while. Maybe LF will marry her this season or something, but even so. Noname actor for Ramsey could have similar contract. Personally, I'll hate to lose deception, I'd rather deal with recast down the line if necessary.

Introducing him prematurely and then having to re-cast him later would be disastrous. This is not Days of Our Lives or General Hospital.

I think cutting Reek/Ramsay would be a terrible, terrible, decision and a real disservice to viewers. Not to mention to Theon! AND Ramsay! It's the only time he is clever; now he's just a very, very sick puppy. Not that I feel even the teensiest bit of sympathy for him. If not so much as a single character is wholly evil I wish GRRM would tell us what Ramsay's one redeeming feature is.

However, I think they HAVE cut the deception. If Winterfell is indeed sacked, and nowhere is there a mention of an actor who has been cast as Reek or Ramsay, then the deception is just on us.

Why is it so terrible for it to be Theon's idea to kill the miller's sons? He was the one who had been humping the miller's randy wife for years that led Ramsay/Reek there in the first place.

I could of sworn i posted in this thread yesterday.. Personally i think their gona leave reek an the sacking of winterfell for season 3... And keep theon on winterfell getting hated on the whole season... Leaving out reek makes no sense especially sice they casted roose boltan instead of him? I dont even remeber him having shit to do untill te third book

Why is it so terrible for it to be Theon's idea to kill the miller's sons? He was the one who had been humping the miller's randy wife for years that led Ramsay/Reek there in the first place.

It doesn’t really matter plotwise whether Theon does the deed himself or merely consents to the action. He’s still guilty of kinslaying, since the younger of the two little boys is his bastard son. That’s why Theon is subjected to misery, mutilation, and madness. Quoth Ygritte: “Aye,” she said, “but the gods hate kinslayers, even when they kill unknowing.”

It doesn’t really matter plotwise whether Theon does the deed himself or merely consents to the action. He’s still guilty of kinslaying, since the younger of the two little boys is his bastard son. That’s why Theon is subjected to misery, mutilation, and madness. Quoth Ygritte: “Aye,” she said, “but the gods hate kinslayers, even when they kill unknowing.”

I never caught it being his kid, but that would make sense.

My thoughts:

Reeds are completely expendable. Just give Bran the greendreams and the Reeds become unnecessary. I'm not surprised at all that they were cut.

Ramsay is expendable only because it's likely the producers had no idea that he had such a big story in ADwD. I think they probably regret cutting him now, but they'll likely make Roose Bolton take all of the Ramsay stuff in the future. Theon doesn't need Reek to sack Winterfell and get betrayed. If anything, this choice gives the producers an out to eliminate what they might deem an unnecessary main character by giving him a shock death.

Theon had a great storyline in ADwD but that is so many years away that it's very unlikely that they would even bother doing that storyline. They would need Jeyne Poole for that, and I doubt they bring back a character that was barely hinted at in S1.

Ramsay is expendable only because it's likely the producers had no idea that he had such a big story in ADwD. I think they probably regret cutting him now

Nah, they got to read ADWD before writing Season 2, GRRM gave it to them early.

I always thought that Jojen was a pain in the ass... I know he is important, but i just don't buy that "8-year-old-sage full of wisdom air" that he has.. Even if that kid was god ressurected I would find troubling to follow a 8-year-old... Never like when they use this type of characters in stories..

It was nice that they built up the relationship between the Reeds and Bran in the books but I suppose it was a cut they thought they could get away with and they probably can. There is so much to tell!

At some point they have to get Bran north of the wall, and Davos looking for Ricken. To do so they have too have a good storyline about how they where seperated. IMHO you can't just have Hodor and Bran wondering off north and Osha with Ricken going where ever they actually are.

The old gods and the part Bran plays later is going to bring home the end of the books for GRRM so HBO and the writers better come up with a conviencing way too pull it all together.

EDIT: typo

I agree with this; I just think it's important that there's some reason that Theon begins to let Reek into his confidence before sending him off to help defend Winterfell.

BTW, did everyone see this news from the casting thread about the possibility that Osha might take over for the Reeds?

Today at the book signing in Lisbon I asked him if he knew about the Reeds. He said that they hadn't been casst yet and that they were delaying the characters a bit :)

I guess that doesn't tell us one way or the other about Ramsay, but it helps me feel more optimistic that everything surrounding Winterfell is just being slowed down.

New episode information:

• Episode 6: Theon completes his master stroke
  • Episode 7: Theon leads a search party
  • Episode 8: At Winterfell, Theon receives a visitor and holds down the fort.

Theon's visitor is Asha, that's Theon's second-to-last chapter in ACOK. So the sack will be in Episode 10, just done in a different way somehow. (BTW Alfie Allen said in his Thronecast interview that he has a scene in Ep 10 that he's really proud of.)

Well, his last scene is either him looking at the false heads of Bran and Rickon or the sack of Winterfell.

Theon doesnt holds down the castle to his sister so I doubt about the visitor talked about is Yara... I dont think they will cut Ashayara arrival at Winterfell, but guess the visitor is Roose Bolton.

"Holds down the fort" is just an expression meaning "stays in charge of the situation." This clearly describes Theon's second-to-last chapter in the book, where the kids are already "dead" and Asha visits and tells him he's in over his head. We've already seen a screenshot apparently from this episode showing the dead kids (here).

Oh, okay, my bad, misunderstood the sentence, okay, then, yes, we're strongly probably talking about Asha's visit... I'm glad they didnt cut it, always liked that scene when Theon finds himself totally alone and unarmed in front of his sister and men and it will give more screentime to the actress who plays Yara, so good thing we'll see it !

"Holds down the fort" is just an expression meaning "stays in charge of the situation." This clearly describes Theon's second-to-last chapter in the book, where the kids are already "dead" and Asha visits and tells him he's in over his head. We've already seen a screenshot apparently from this episode showing the dead kids (here).

HOLY **** ON A **** SANDWICH! :stillsick:

I had watched the trailer numerous times and NEVER noticed that! It seems they staying true to the dark tone; Thank God. We might actually see Ramsay...eventually. (somebody is going to have to be the take Joffrey's place after the Purple Wedding)

Archived