Val (possible ASOS spoilers!)

Val the Wildling Princess

• 1 month later...

I have decided who should play Val.

Jemima Kirke from Girls!!

Even though, unlike Kirke's character in Girls, Val is not a particularly "funny" character. Jemima has the right amount of strength/sass/independence required for the role.

And of course, she already has the HBO connection. I think the actress is pregnant at the moment, but I don't think Val is being introduced this season (I could be wrong), and even if she is, the Iceland shooting won't start for a few months.

Who's with me?

Sorry dude, not convinced here.

For me, Val should be taller.

She should have a paler skin.

A much more blonde hair, quite platinium.

And have a fierce look.

This actress has a certain kindness, softness and sadness to her face which doesnt suit, imo, for Val.

Sorry dude, not convinced here.

For me, Val should be taller.

She should have a paler skin.

A much more blonde hair, quite platinium.

And have a fierce look.

This actress has a certain kindness, softness and sadness to her face which doesnt suit, imo, for Val.

I assume you haven't seen Girls. Watch it and tell me if Jemima Kirke comes across as kind, soft or sad (well maybe a tad sulky but definitely not sad). Definitely has ferocity--her character is extremly intimidating.

As for height, skin color, hair color those things are cosmetic and are can be solved by makeup/costume or dispensed with altogether.

I assume you haven't seen Girls. Watch it and tell me if Jemima Kirke comes across as kind, soft or sad (well maybe a tad sulky but definitely not sad). Definitely has ferocity--her character is extremly intimidating.

As for height, skin color, hair color those things are cosmetic and are can be solved by makeup/costume or dispensed with altogether.

I don't know about intimidating, annoying maybe. She's just the same Annie Hall type that's been around snce the late '70's just played by the daugther a mid level rock star. Of course the actress herself is much more interesting in interviews than she on screen, very funny and engaing, but she hasn't done anything on Girls to make me thinks she has the steel to be Val. Besides which, she's got at least one more season of Girls, not to mention being in the middle of a pregnancy rigth now while GOT is filming... which actualy makes me think I could see her as Dalla, based less on her acting and more some of the press I've seen her do but yeah very unlikely.

Who else could she be? I guess that's our Val.

Haven't seen anything with her, there aren't many pictures out there either, so we'll just have to wait and see!

I suppose there's a small chance she's Dalla, but really I think they'll go with a complete unknown for her as she'll only be in one or two scenes. So I guess that's Val. Just Hoat left right?

Maybe Belwas as well, since they seem to bring back Barristan.

Perhaps. Personally I think he'll be delayed a couple of seasons if he gets in at all.

Back on topic I think she looks great as Val, can't wait to she her in costume.

Perhaps. Personally I think he'll be delayed a couple of seasons if he gets in at all.

Back on topic I think she looks great as Val, can't wait to she her in costume.

I think that there's a very good chance that she's Val. I can't think of any smaller featured extra roles that require you to have a young, hot, blond girl and she's confirmed to be on the show in some capacity so logically speaking, it's probably Val.

As for Belwas, my theory is that they are combining his role with Daario to increase Daario's screentime and make him part of Dany's protector entourage instead of a greasy sellsword. IMO, it will make her eventual attraction to him more palatable for the audience.

Archived