Val (possible ASOS spoilers!)

Val the Wildling Princess

I think she just got casted her name is Stephanie Blacker but its not confirmed that shes val, dont know who else she could be playing.

She's pretty, but imo, a little on the young side and has a sweet, naive look about her. Hoping against hope she's not Val tbh.

I was set on Tabrett Bethell before I even saw this post. She's charismatic and I find her mix of beauty and fierceness perfect for our wilding princess. She might be smiley, but that smile says don't trifle with me. :wub:

Maybe Roislin Frey?? rather than Val, she does seem a little young for Val.

Oh yeah I forgot about Roslin. But personally I think she looks most like Val. I don't know why everyone's saying she looks too young and sweet. Val is quite young and I think the actress has a certain fiercness to her.

I'm not getting why people think she's too young. Val's age is never stated, and her behavior doesn't seem to indicate her being of a more "advanced" age (to me, at least).

Her age wasn't stated, but I believe Jon thought she was a few years older than him. And he was 16/17 at the time. I'd put her age at 21-22 in the books.

All the characters have been aged up (including Jon) and the only requirement age wise for Val is that she is close enough to Jon's age to make it reasonable for them to be matched up romantically. This actress certainly fills that requirement.

It's funny to me about the different ranges of expectations the fanbase has for all the characters from the picture they have in their minds.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived