INFO: Article for MUSH Newbies

Linda

Well, I'm very much a newbie, and sorry in advance for any stupid comments I make:).

First of all, its great! The start with its background of what a MUSH is kept me wanting to keep on reading. It gives a very descriptive! Looking for some more stuff in the future!

Well, as it was the first article I read, I would have liked if there was just a bit on 'how' we could play i.e. software application.

Just my idea! Thank you for the great article:)!

Thank you, that's great feedback. :)

When you say "how to play", what sort of information are you looking for?

You asked about the software, and that's where it gets a little tricky because you have two things: the MUSH server itself and the program that connects to the MUSH server.

The "client", the program that connects to the MUSH server, is like a web browser. There's many different clients, some for windows and some for mac, and they do similar things but they have their differences. But its really largely like a web browser, a way of viewing the information. So the information about how to use a certain client is usually provided by those who make the clients.

When you say "how to play", what sort of information are you looking for?

You asked about the software, and that's where it gets a little tricky because you have two things: the MUSH server itself and the program that connects to the MUSH server.

Thank you:)!

I meant about the software when I asked 'how to play'. Reading through the articles I figured it out, but I think it would have been nice if there was perhaps a paragraph on it in your article too. Just as a small guide.

Anyway, it was really a good primer and I'm starting off on the MUSH right now!

• 1 year later...

I've a question I haven't been able to find the answer to, though perhaps it has been said somewhere before.

The family trees used for the MUSH, how much are they representable for the asoiaf-stories (meaning the books and D&E stories)? Are they real, or are they filled with characters that have been created only for the game? I was just wondering...

Archived