Bran/Rickon´s Broach (Theon Spoilers)

Xtopher

I got 2 questions that couldnt find the answer re-reading the chapter, maybe someone can make it clear to me.

I have finished Clash so dont hold back on the spoilers lol.

1. When Theon is tracking Bran and Rickon through the woods, what track are the dogs following? it couldnt have been Bran´s or Rickon´s or anyone else´s cause they were always hiding in the crypts, were those tracks suposed to be from the direwolfs?

Then how come Theon didnt notice there we no HUMAN prints, only wolf´s?

And, if those were wolftracks, why would the dogs follow it if they gave the dogs Bran and Rickon´s clothes to follow by scent, not the direwofls´

2. I dont understand how in the hell did Theon realized that they were in the Mill after he opens the bag of clothing and finds a wolf´s broach. Where´s the connection? i cant seem to find it.

I got 2 questions that couldnt find the answer re-reading the chapter, maybe someone can make it clear to me.

I have finished Clash so dont hold back on the spoilers lol.

1. When Theon is tracking Bran and Rickon through the woods, what track are the dogs following? it couldnt have been Bran´s or Rickon´s or anyone else´s cause they were always hiding in the crypts, were those tracks suposed to be from the direwolfs?

And, if those were wolftracks, why would the dogs follow it if they gave the dogs Bran and Rickon´s clothes to follow by scent, not the direwofls´

If I remember it correctly, it was raining, meaning that the human prints could've been gone. Besides that, the dogs were hunting the tracks of the direwolves, whom later returned to the crypts. Please correct me if I'm wrong, it's been a while since I read it.

2. I dont understand how in the hell did Theon realized that they were in the Mill after he opens the bag of clothing and finds a wolf´s broach. Where´s the connection? i cant seem to find it.

Reek showed Theon a wolf head on a pike. That way he wanted to make clear to Theon that it didn't matter which children they killed, if they just put their heads on a pike, none would see the difference. I hope that makes sense.

Yeah it kind of makes sense i guess. Though that would´ve meant that he knew for a fact that the Miller boys were at the Mill...

wait, WAIT!!

Miller boys? at the mill?, i though Miller was their last name but was it suposed to be the "miller boys" (the boys of the mill)? lmao

if thats true then im an idiot, never saw that.

About the broach i now think that maybe Theon realized that having the broach placed on the corpses would make the people automatically believe that those were Bran and Rickon, so that they dont get any ideas...

does that make sense as well?

Yeah it kind of makes sense i guess. Though that would´ve meant that he knew for a fact that the Miller boys were at the Mill...

wait, WAIT!!

Miller boys? at the mill?, i though Miller was their last name but was it suposed to be the "miller boys" (the boys of the mill)? lmao

if thats true then im an idiot, never saw that.

About the broach i now think that maybe Theon realized that having the broach places on the corpses would make the people automatically believe that those were Bran and Rickon, so that they dont get any ideas...

does that make sense as well?

Yes. It were the miller boys, the children of the miller. And yes, it makes sense about the broach on their bodies. Only Maester Luwin was able to find out that they weren't Bran and Rickon because of the muscular legs of the supposed Bran body.

• 5 months later...

I can't believe it took me this long to realize this, but I think the point is supposed to be that "Reek" is carrying around a full set of Bran and Rickon suits, which Theon identifies once he finds the brooch. The sack is introduced as a "washerwoman's sack;" I guess this was meant literally. Fundamentally the same thing as what you guys already said.

• 2 weeks later...

They ran away so far, then double-backed via the river.

Archived