Pre-Eastercon meet?

Alytha

Hello :)

As I'll arrive a day early before Eastercon starts, ie, on Wednesday 4th April, and I don't like being on my own in a foreign city in the evening, would anybody be interested in meeting up for a meal and a drink (or two) or something?

Of course, if anybody's interested in joining me on my random ramblings through London on Wednesday and Thursday, they're welcome too :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'll probably be in the British Museum for a good while. Last time, I found out that they have a 30 to 60 minute tour of a part of the museum every hour or so, which are very interesting. (so much so that last time, I almost missed my plane home).

Other than that, I heard that there's a bike rental service in London, so I have the vague idea of cycling along the Thames.

Also, shopping. ;)

Anybody's welcome to join me :)

I arrive at about 8 am on Thursday. I'd like to go to London proper during the day if I can get rid of my baggage. :)

I'm up for everything that doesn't involve a lot of walking about. ;)

Yeah I think I arrive at Heathrow at about 8am as well. As I said, ungodly. A morning person I am not. :rofl: 6am for work is bad enough. :P

I'll probably be in the British Museum for a good while. Last time, I found out that they have a 30 to 60 minute tour of a part of the museum every hour or so, which are very interesting. (so much so that last time, I almost missed my plane home).

Other than that, I heard that there's a bike rental service in London, so I have the vague idea of cycling along the Thames.

Also, shopping. ;)

British Museum - uh huh, up for that.

Shopping - defo up for that! :D

Cycling along the Thames - might have to be a wuss and bow out of that. There is a rental service yeah. Boris Bikes. You pick them up at a waystation and simply return them to any empty waystation in London. Find out more here - http://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/cycling/14808.aspx

Also, shopping. ;)

British Museum sounds great! I'd like to do that! :)

Shopping... Well... I'm not sure about that. :P

Yeah I think I arrive at Heathrow at about 8am as well. As I said, ungodly. A morning person I am not. :rofl: 6am for work is bad enough. :P

Maybe we can meet up at the airport? :)

I think I know what you look like from Titancon. You were the weirwood tree, weren't you?

I was indeed the weirwood tree at TitanCon. But I shall be weir-free for EasterCon. The tree didn't quite survive the trip back from TitanCon and came back in weir-parts......yeah, my fault as I just couldn't be bothered with the finkicky packing and just stuffed it in. XD But yeah, no costumes for EasterCon.

And meeting at the airport would be cool. I'm actually getting a coach into London, and I terminate at Heathrow, so I'm guessing I'll be booted off at Central Bus Station.

And British Museum it is! Awesome!

• 1 month later...

When shall we meet on Thursday then, Ladies?

The first mini-tour at the British Museum is at 11:00, so shall we say 10:00 at the main entrance on Great Russell Street?

Ok, Mr or Mrs Targh if it's just going to be me and you there...let's imagine our scale of creepyness:

0 (Sansa) to 10 (the unholy lovechild of the Mountain and Vargo Hoat)

Where would you see yourself?

(And where would your friends see you?)

:)

When shall we meet on Thursday then, Ladies?

The first mini-tour at the British Museum is at 11:00, so shall we say 10:00 at the main entrance on Great Russell Street?

I arrive at about 8 am, too, so I think I should be able to be there. If someone tells me how I'll get to the museum.

I would prefer to go to the museum with one or both of you together. :blushing:

I've got to go to my Hotel (Sheraton Skyline) first, though, to get rid of my baggage. Hope they have a room for baggage storage because I can't get into my room before 2 or 3 pm.

I just looked up some way to get there and it takes more than an hour to get to the museum. Not that I mind that, but I guess it will be hard to get to the museum by 10 am. At least for me. :dunno:

Archived