Pre-Eastercon meet?

Alytha

Does it really? Hmm, might be hard for me to make 10am as well then. Didn't realise it took that long.

And Adz - We could easily enough meet at the airport, go to your hotel, dump your suitcase and then go to my hotel, dump my suitcase and then find the Tube and go into London. I can't get into my room either, but the website says it has luggage storage so I shall make use of it. I'll be carrying my valuables anyway, so there won't be anything worth nicking left in my case. :D

Would you be so nice to accompany me back out to Heathrow afterwards? My hotel is quite close to the Museum.

Should we say 10:30 then? I'll PM you my phone number so we can let eachother know what's going on.

Where will you be coming from? Heathrow Airport by Heathrow Express?

Good question... :leaving:

Does it really? Hmm, might be hard for me to make 10am as well then. Didn't realise it took that long.

And Adz - We could easily enough meet at the airport, go to your hotel, dump your suitcase and then go to my hotel, dump my suitcase and then find the Tube and go into London. I can't get into my room either, but the website says it has luggage storage so I shall make use of it. I'll be carrying my valuables anyway, so there won't be anything worth nicking left in my case. :D

I was surprised, too. But then, I don't know the size of London. ;)

Yeah, that would be great!!! :)

I'll send you my phone number, so that we can get in contact at the airport.

Would you be so nice to accompany me back out to Heathrow afterwards? My hotel is quite close to the Museum.

Should we say 10:30 then? I'll PM you my phone number so we can let eachother know what's going on.

I thought you were staying at the con hotel?

Sounds like a plan to me. :D Then myself and Adz can get checked in and then the three of us +whoever else we emet/bump into along the way, can travel on to the pub meet together.

Yep! That's it then. :)

I am staying at the Con hotel (hopefully that booking through the Con-orga worked), but only from Thursday on, so I have another hotel in the city for Wednesday night.

Great!

I just got aware, and I found it out myself, that my booked flight from Cologne to London got cancelled for some undefined reason. :dunce: :tantrum:

Called the travel agency. They told me that they'll arrange a new flight for me by tomorrow. :angry:

I don't think that I'll be able to get to the museum early. :(

A wednesday night suggestion (depends if you like playing games or not) if there were only a couple of us interested: http://www.meetup.com/LondonOnBoard/events/53540452/

I think you'll have to sign up to see that post, but it's a boardgaming group (biggest one in the UK) who meet up for games several times a week. Newbies welcome, random people welcome (as long as you sign up first). Gives you an opportunity to not have to spend the evening alone, and the pub does decent food too.

Well let us know when your new flights gets in and we can work it from there. :D We could amble round London and then come and collect you and THEN do the museum, for example.

Oh dear :(

I hope they'll find a decent new connection to London for you.

As it looks now, I should be able to fly from DĂĽsseldorf at 7:00 am. I'd arrive at 7:25 am local time then and all would be good.

Have to wait for the confirmation, though. :worried:

Hope they'll get it all sorted by tomorrow...

Otherwise, if that logistically works for you, you could fly in on Wednesday, and come to my hotel. They always give you a twin room, so it shouldn't be too difficult to switch the booking to double room.

Otherwise, if that logistically works for you, you could fly in on Wednesday, and come to my hotel. They always give you a twin room, so it shouldn't be too difficult to switch the booking to double room.

Thanks for the offer. :)

I've got Wednesday off, too. So it could be a possibility. I'll wait to see what they tell me, hopefully, tomorrow.

Team Geek is now back in the UK after Operation: Dothraki Honeymoon cut a swathe of rampant nerdery through the Asia Pacific region.

I'm certainly confirmed for the pub, Eloisa is as well (subject to lingering travel fatigue)

I work in Central London, and often finish before 5pm, so if a representative of the Museum Group would like to share a mobile number (if/when PMs come back online), we can co-ordinate.

Archived