Wind's Points of View.

Arkash

Things look pretty decent for Margaery's survival on the surface....but there may be some kind of bloodstained plot twist that leads to her death. Perhaps Varys or someone else will help completely seal the fate of the Lannister claim to the kingship by eliminating her in some manner. If she does die it is likely to be through fairly twisted means.

This sounds plausible.

After reading your post i begin to thin that magaery will be killed in some way to incriminate the Lanisters, so that Highgarden wil kill them all, clearing the path for Aegon

Just one more thing that no one thought about.. maybe we will have a Rickon POV

Why? well to tell us what happened to him during all this time, and to see Davos getting to him.

Waht is the role of Rickon in this story? will Davos return with him? return to where in the case of Stannis being dead and winterfell under Bolton's control?

Osha knew a lot abou wrags and all of that... maybe she taught something to rickon and ha is now a good skinchnager...

Just one more thing that no one thought about.. maybe we will have a Rickon POV

Why? well to tell us what happened to him during all this time, and to see Davos getting to him.

Waht is the role of Rickon in this story? will Davos return with him? return to where in the case of Stannis being dead and winterfell under Bolton's control?

Osha knew a lot abou wrags and all of that... maybe she taught something to rickon and ha is now a good skinchnager...

I reallllllly hope there is no Rickon Stark POV coming. A brief summary from Davos (or whomever) will be plenty. I just can't see the story needing a POV from a 5 year old. (Or however old he is--5 I thought).

Theon is not a Stark, he's a Greyjoy, what would be really good for him is to accept he is a Kraken, be proud of it and be accepted by the Iron-Born as one of them. That'd be good.

Although he's been raised alongside Starks, so yeah, since we are more what we are raised to be than what we are born to be, he's more Stark than Greyjoy, so, yeah, why not too ?

But the whole point of Theon's arc was that there was no point at all in trying to be accepted by the Iron-Born now that he's grown up with the Starks. He even tried sacrificing the Starks and his whole relationship with them, to win his father's approval and his family's trust and loyalty, and it failed completely. Asha never came with reinforcements--the family let Bolton have him.

So, the best ending for Theon, IMO, would either be for the Iron-born to be completely wiped out except for him, so that he can win a king's moot unopposed, and then have Asha do much of the ruling for him, or to forget the iron-born and die a redemptive death helping the Starks.

Theon is definitely on a path to redemption I think, specially with Manderly annd his knowldege about the true events that occured at Winterfell. I also have a feeling Osha might be a POV, maybe in the prologue as catch up with Rickon and giving an opening to the land of Skagos and what will be awaiting there for Davos. Plus we need so a pov of Shireen, she is intriguing for some reason, so damged and innocent, and growing up with a crazy women for a mother and father who has practially forgotten about them for his conquest.

I just want to precise to some people who (lucky them) dont seem to be aware yet of the sad truth :

GRRM said that Winds will have no more new PoV added...

This said...

But the whole point of Theon's arc was that there was no point at all in trying to be accepted by the Iron-Born now that he's grown up with the Starks. He even tried sacrificing the Starks and his whole relationship with them, to win his father's approval and his family's trust and loyalty, and it failed completely. Asha never came with reinforcements--the family let Bolton have him.

I'm rereading Clash now and I fully understand Theon now, much more than on my first read, and I feel really sad for him !

I just want to precise to some people who (lucky them) dont seem to be aware yet of the sad truth :

GRRM said that Winds will have no more new PoV added...

I think he'll end up eating his own words and adding at least one more POV, who I reckon will be Tyene Sand. I say this because if Cersei leaves KL there'll be no POV in one of the most pivotal areas of the series, and even if she doesn't leave, KL is so multifaceted that it could do with an extra POV. Up until AFFC it always had atleast two and I reckon it's time to go back to that model rather than having it all told from Cersei's unreliable POV. The reason I say Tyene over Nym is that Tyene also gives us a view into The Faith which will probably become important soon so she provides more information than simply political intrigue.

My prediction:

Major POVs:

Bran

Dany

Jon (But not until later, when he is revived.)

Tyrion

Arya

Sansa

Davos

Jaime

Theon (Dies by end of book)

Sam

Cersei

Brienne (Dies)

Arianne

Minor:

Aeron (dies. please.)

Probably Victarion

Melisandre

Maybe Barristan, but we already have Tyrion, Dany, and Victarion for Meereen so maybe not.

Possibly Asha and/or Areo

Ones in bold have been confirmed.

There probably is a time limit after which revival of Jon would no longer work. Putting the body in an frozen area would help but the supernatural component also matters. If he died and is going to be revived, it probably will not be able to take much longer than happened with Catelyn. Might also depend on what method of revival is used; kiss of life from Melisandre, etc. It is possible but uncertain that warging Ghost before the moment of death might make a rez easier to conduct.

There probably is a time limit after which revival of Jon would no longer work. Putting the body in an frozen area would help but the supernatural component also matters. If he died and is going to be revived, it probably will not be able to take much longer than happened with Catelyn. Might also depend on what method of revival is used; kiss of life from Melisandre, etc. It is possible but uncertain that warging Ghost before the moment of death might make a rez easier to conduct.

There is magic in the wall, lets not forget that, perhaps that will play an important factor into his coming back to life.

Yes, the Wall will likely make whatever more effective whatever method is used to bring him back. If someone uses a spell to heal Jon the person who cast it will be able to sense and measure this effect. Perhaps Jon, if warged into Ghost, might actually be able to revive himself with just a bit of help from Bran if he brought the body near a weirwood tree with the Wall's resonance area.

Plus if they keep his body in ceel it could be an analogy to Jesus in the cave when he was resurrected/reborn just liek the prophecy Azhai being reborn, hence it just might be him. It could be interesting to have his POV in this limbo perhaps, see the resurrection through his eyes while he is warged in Ghost perhaps. Also who could take his place on the wall as a POV until he is back? Mel? Edd? Shiree perhaps?

Well remember that the kiss of fire is actually a means of euthanasia; only Thoros has managed to use it as a method of resurection that we know of. It's therefore possible that there's a more potent, cleaner type of ressurection which Melisandre (being more powerful than Thoros and having her powers aplimfied by The Wall.) could perform. Also if Jon's body is kept in the ice cells, and if Jon wargs into Ghost than both his mind and body should be prepared.

Also as for the POV's I ammend my previous list by saying that Jon Connington will probably get at least one or two chapters as George has said that we'll be seeing Storm's End fall and he's the only POV to do that with.

Also as for the POV's I ammend my previous list by saying that Jon Connington will probably get at least one or two chapters as George has said that we'll be seeing Storm's End fall and he's the only POV to do that with.

Well, and Arianne that joins him, but from what we can judge, she joins him after the fall of Storm's End, so, yes, I'm sure we'll have at least one Conington PoV: the Battle of Storm's End.

I don't think that we will get a POV of any of the Sand Snakes, and particularly any member of the Faith, simply because it automatically removes the threat of them. For example, for me, despite the hints at her lack of competence, the beginning of Cersei's POV chapters in Feast completely discredited the character as a threat because suddenly I was able to see just how chaotic her head was, and how she really had no idea what she was doing. If we see what the Sand Snakes are cooking up, or what's going on with the High Septon, it has a direct impact on the amount of anxiety the reader has over those pivotal characters. If there's one thing that fantasy writers and politicians are excellent at, it is leaving the extent of a particular threat to the imagination, because there's nothing more terrifying than what our own minds can create.

Thus far, GRRM has done very well at this with the Others, the CotF, and the Tyrells, but I think there is sometimes too much information being given. I wouldn't have minded not knowing what was in the heads of a number of characters because it would have lent a lot to how ominous those characters were (Jaime and Cersei in particular). At the same time though, giving us those POVs allows a sort of redemption for those characters. Arrrrgh I don't know, there's uses to both, but at this point, I think it would be a mistake to give us insights into other major players, and if that means we don't get a King's Landing POV, I wouldn't mind much. I'm probably in the minority here, but I want MORE uncertainty over events right now, not less.

Archived