Wind's Points of View.

Arkash

maybe Tyene? she is the one representing Dorne on the small council right?

Nope, that is Lady Nym. Tyene is posing as a septa close to the High Septon, and I think her PoV might be more interesting than Lady Nym's.

I saw the title of this thread and for a second I honestly thought it would be about how Grey Wind, Rob Stark's direwolf, saw things - something along the lines of "This is so frustrating. I'm trying to warn the stupid kid about these Freys before he gets us both killed but he's totally not paying attention".

I imagine Ghost's POV would be similar.

I think at least three POV Chracters will meet an early end in TWOW. Jon Connington, Barristan & Milsandre.

Jaime will kill Cersi, Victarion will be Dragon meat, Damphair will be killed by Euron, Asha will be flayed, Areoh cant remember where he is?

By the end of the book, the Characters left: Sam, Tyrion, Dany, Jon Snow, Arya, Sansa, Jaime, Bran, Theon, Arianne,Brienne, hopefully Davos

Damphair won't be killed by Euron, because a kinslayer is cursed. He'll probably die in a more shocking way: drowining most likely. Not necessarily in water.

Griff will probably live until he finds out about Aegon's origin, but his days are counted anyway.

I can't see Barristan dying before Dany's return to Westeros, but he's walking on a very dangerous ground.

The only way I can see Areoh dying is if he's the POV during some ambush on Doran or something like that. Otherwise he's pretty much sitting around.

Brienne probably won't have many POVs on TWOW because she's with Jamie, and Jamie doesn't know that she have met unCat, so we'll be stuck with the guy-that-doesn't-know-he's-about-to-fall-in-a-trap POV again. I don't think he'll die before killing Cersei or having to face Dany, but maybe Brienne does. Either this or they kill unCat.

Sam will probably be killed by Pate during the chaos of Euron's invasion of Oldtown, after we get some insight about the whole "Maesters hate dragons" thing. Sam's probably going to be the Epilogue character of TWOW.

Theon is one of those characters that doesn't add anything up to the story nowdays and was made completly irrelevant as a POV character due to being in the same place as his sister. I don't think he will die, but he'll go somewhere else other than Stannis's camp soon, to be separeted from Asha.

Melisandre won't die before meeting Dany. It is known.

Davos is being considered a good candidate for dying but c'mon, that man has survived more shit than the rest of the cast put together. Skagos will be a piece of cake for him.

I don't think any other character will die on TWOW.

Damphair won't be killed by Euron, because a kinslayer is cursed. He'll probably die in a more shocking way: drowining most likely. Not necessarily in water.

Griff will probably live until he finds out about Aegon's origin, but his days are counted anyway.

I can't see Barristan dying before Dany's return to Westeros, but he's walking on a very dangerous ground.

The only way I can see Areoh dying is if he's the POV during some ambush on Doran or something like that. Otherwise he's pretty much sitting around.

Brienne probably won't have many POVs on TWOW because she's with Jamie, and Jamie doesn't know that she have met unCat, so we'll be stuck with the guy-that-doesn't-know-he's-about-to-fall-in-a-trap POV again. I don't think he'll die before killing Cersei or having to face Dany, but maybe Brienne does. Either this or they kill unCat.

Sam will probably be killed by Pate during the chaos of Euron's invasion of Oldtown, after we get some insight about the whole "Maesters hate dragons" thing. Sam's probably going to be the Epilogue character of TWOW.

Theon is one of those characters that doesn't add anything up to the story nowdays and was made completly irrelevant as a POV character due to being in the same place as his sister. I don't think he will die, but he'll go somewhere else other than Stannis's camp soon, to be separeted from Asha.

Melisandre won't die before meeting Dany. It is known.

Davos is being considered a good candidate for dying but c'mon, that man has survived more shit than the rest of the cast put together. Skagos will be a piece of cake for him.

I don't think any other character will die on TWOW.

I agree with some of those but I'm a bit skeptical with others. I think Sam will be one of the characters that makes it to the end. We got to have some happy endings.

I don't see how you think Theon is pointless at the moment. He gave us an important insight in to Winterfell. It'll be Asha not Theon who is rendered obsolete by them being in the same place.

And Davos is dead for sure, along with Rickon and Osha. Not for nothing does Shaggydog have that name.

I agree with some of those but I'm a bit skeptical with others. I think Sam will be one of the characters that makes it to the end. We got to have some happy endings.

I don't see how you think Theon is pointless at the moment. He gave us an important insight in to Winterfell. It'll be Asha not Theon who is rendered obsolete by them being in the same place.

And Davos is dead for sure, along with Rickon and Osha. Not for nothing does Shaggydog have that name.

I hope Sam makes it to the end too, but I don't think he will. Unless Jaqen/Alchemist/Pate knew Sam prior to the mission, so he can't kill him.

i don't know, I guess that between Theon and Asha I find Asha's POVs less annoying. And yes, Theon gave us some important insight on Winterfell, but he's no longer there.

Davos, Rickon and Osha? I don't think so. Maybe Davos and Osha, but killing off Rickon would be pointless - the character never got a chance to actually do anything.

Theon might get executed in front of the weirwood to heal/revive Jon and he might accept it as well. There is no place for him after escaping from Winterfell, and it would bring some redemption/closure to his arc.

I expect Tyrion to die for shock value.

I got the feeling that Asha wants Theon so she can go back and over throw her Uncle. There was alot of info about how you would need each person that has a right to the throne at a kingsmoot or else the vote was null and void. I got the feeling from the gift chapter that she wants to get Theon outside so that they can escape somehow... not realilistic but it is my gut feeling.

I hope Sam makes it to the end too, but I don't think he will. Unless Jaqen/Alchemist/Pate knew Sam prior to the mission, so he can't kill him.

i don't know, I guess that between Theon and Asha I find Asha's POVs less annoying. And yes, Theon gave us some important insight on Winterfell, but he's no longer there.

Davos, Rickon and Osha? I don't think so. Maybe Davos and Osha, but killing off Rickon would be pointless - the character never got a chance to actually do anything.

Well first there's not really anything to suggest that Jaqen will kill Sam. He's already on a mission, and we know the FM don't like killing people that they don't have to. I really get the feeling that Sam will be one of the few to make it to the end and get a truly happy ending.

About Theon, personal opinions aside I don't think it's debatable that Theon is the one who's more important to the plot. So it seems logical that Asha will be the one being displaced.

Also I don't see what Rickon can really do for the plot. However other things could potentially come out of the Skagos mission for instance there's a theory that Eddard's mother might be Skagosi. Rickon's death would also clear the way for one of the more important Stark children (Sansa imo.) to inherit Winterfell. Not everyone has to be an important character, even if they are a Stark.

Well first there's not really anything to suggest that Jaqen will kill Sam. He's already on a mission, and we know the FM don't like killing people that they don't have to. I really get the feeling that Sam will be one of the few to make it to the end and get a truly happy ending.

About Theon, personal opinions aside I don't think it's debatable that Theon is the one who's more important to the plot. So it seems logical that Asha will be the one being displaced.

Also I don't see what Rickon can really do for the plot. However other things could potentially come out of the Skagos mission for instance there's a theory that Eddard's mother might be Skagosi. Rickon's death would also clear the way for one of the more important Stark children (Sansa imo.) to inherit Winterfell. Not everyone has to be an important character, even if they are a Stark.

I don't think Sam is part of Jaqenpatemist's mission - i think he will kill Sam in order to be able to dress his face to achieve his true goal. Either Sam or Alleras.

Rickon's death would clear the way for Sansa to do what exactly? What could she do if Rickon was truly dead that she isn't doing right now?

I don't think Sam is part of Jaqenpatemist's mission - i think he will kill Sam in order to be able to dress his face to achieve his true goal. Either Sam or Alleras.

Rickon's death would clear the way for Sansa to do what exactly? What could she do if Rickon was truly dead that she isn't doing right now?

We don't know what Jaqen's mission is but we assume that it has something to do with infiltrating the citadel. He's already done this by taking Pate's identity. There's no reason to switch to Sam unless his plan involves the NW, in which case why not just go straight to the Wall.

And Rickon would clear the way for Sansa to inherit Winterfell as I said. The truth is that Martin needs to start tying up plotlines as fast as possibly if he wants to finish this series. Introducing a Stark succession crisis in book 6 is not that, and Sansa is best placed to move the story forwards as a Stark heir. You can talk about Martin's unpredictability all you like, the books still have to make narrative sense.

I don't see why they can't simply rotate. Although, I agree with your general point, that so long as they remain together, only one POV is actually needed. Still, instead of, say, 6 Theon chapters, we can also have 3 Theon chapters and 3 Asha chapters.

I'm sorry, I have to strongly disagree.

Why bother with the character in the first place? Why bother wasting Davos chapter after Davos chapter on this fool hardy quest if nothing will come out of it?

I think Rickon has been fated to assume his father's seat from the beginning.

I don't see why they can't simply rotate. Although, I agree with your general point, that so long as they remain together, only one POV is actually needed. Still, instead of, say, 6 Theon chapters, we can also have 3 Theon chapters and 3 Asha chapters.

I'm sorry, I have to strongly disagree.

Why bother with the character in the first place? Why bother wasting Davos chapter after Davos chapter on this fool hardy quest if nothing will come out of it?

I think Rickon has been fated to assume his father's seat from the beginning.

We could rotate between Theon and Asha, but I don't think it's that neccessary. I'd rather Martin trimmed down the POV's as much as possible. The story would be the same but things would still feel clutered imo. But that's just my personal opinion. As for what Martin will actually do, it could go either way.

And as for the purpose of Rickon, as I said we could find something out on Skagos, like be introduced to Ned's mother or learn something about the Old Gods etc. It's not like a lot of time has been spent on him. His existence could easily just be Martin making a point that not everyone from the hero's family has to be incredibly significant in some way. As for Davos, his death would create some tension between Stannis and Manderly, so that things aren't all hunky dory should they ally. Not everyone needs a massive climactic ending.

We don't know what Jaqen's mission is but we assume that it has something to do with infiltrating the citadel. He's already done this by taking Pate's identity. There's no reason to switch to Sam unless his plan involves the NW, in which case why not just go straight to the Wall.

And Rickon would clear the way for Sansa to inherit Winterfell as I said. The truth is that Martin needs to start tying up plotlines as fast as possibly if he wants to finish this series. Introducing a Stark succession crisis in book 6 is not that, and Sansa is best placed to move the story forwards as a Stark heir. You can talk about Martin's unpredictability all you like, the books still have to make narrative sense.

Dude Rickon is already dead (in the eyes of the world). There is nothing in the path of Sansa except for the fact that she is wanted for regicide, married to another person wanted for regicide, and a declared enemy of the crown. And the fact that she has no power whatsoever herself and relies on Littlefinger to survive.

Dude Rickon is already dead (in the eyes of the world). There is nothing in the path of Sansa except for the fact that she is wanted for regicide, married to another person wanted for regicide, and a declared enemy of the crown. And the fact that she has no power whatsoever herself and relies on Littlefinger to survive.

And that's exactly what her story arc in TWOW is going to be about. Getting rid of those problems. Her marriage with Tyrion can easliy be annulled as he's a kingslaying, kinslaying exile who never consumated the marriage. The crimes she's accused of are probably going to be swept under the rug if it gets the Lannisters The North and The Vale though that's a moot point if she declares for Stannis. And as for LF, I think Sansa will outsmart him and have him killed. So I don't see any of those things as stopping her from claiming Winterfell by the end of TWOW.

Archived