Jamie Wants Breannie

TheZone

No I don't think so.

Jaime is deeply impressed by Brienne, no doubt. And yeah, I would go so far as to say that he loves her. But in a platonic sense, far as I can tell.

I agree, he is impressed by her and he respects her, but that's all. He doesn't love her, neither does she.

• 4 weeks later...

Well it would be funny regarding that Jaime was a really wanted man in the seven kingdoms until he got captured by Robb and than ending up with a woman who the people refer to as ugly. You can't deny there is something between them so who knows, it might be possible with Jaime showing to still have some sort of kindness left en Brienne noticing that too.

I think he is drawn to her, definitely. This is his redemption arc and I think Brienne is set up to be the anti-Cersei...physically awkward, outwardly plain/ugly, but with a genuine goodness and constancy inside her that something inside him responds to. In contrast, we have Cersei, this outwardly beautiful woman with a rotten core who has spent a lifetime using sex and the promise of sex to control the men around her...including him.

The Brienne/Jaimie relationship really caught me by surprise, but I'm totally digging them.

Jaime's twisted mind has him become attracted to people like himself. Hence why he's spent the best part of his life fucking his twin. It could be argued Brienne was Jaime's closest equal in terms of fighting so I think he was attracted to her cause of that. She's not his ideal standard of beauty though. Can't see them getting together at all though, they're from two completely different walks of life.

I did find myself thinking "Oh shutup Jaime, you lurve her" every time he moaned about her lol.

I think he is drawn to her, definitely. This is his redemption arc and I think Brienne is set up to be the anti-Cersei...physically awkward, outwardly plain/ugly, but with a genuine goodness and constancy inside her that something inside him responds to. In contrast, we have Cersei, this outwardly beautiful woman with a rotten core who has spent a lifetime using sex and the promise of sex to control the men around her...including him.

The Brienne/Jaimie relationship really caught me by surprise, but I'm totally digging them.

I completely agree with you. I think they are drawn to each other mutually, but probably would never act on that...pride and all other things people have already mentioned. However, I think that in any case Jaime wouldn't just fall for some pretty lady now. Old Jaime would, and did, but I think that part of his growth\change is a different perception not only of himself and his faults, but also of other people.

Anyway, with or without the possibility of romance between them, I really enjoyed their interaction and Jaime's chapters were so interesting and funny with Brienne. That's why I'm really sorry

they parted their ways (and I'm really afraid that Brienne will die somewhere heroically and they won't meet again)...

Anyway, with or without the possibility of romance between them, I really enjoyed their interaction and Jaime's chapters were so interesting and funny with Brienne. That's why I'm really sorry

they parted their ways (and I'm really afraid that Brienne will die somewhere heroically and they won't meet again)...

I fear the same.

Since he lost his hand and what he went through to reach Kings Landing, he is a changed man - clearly for the better. Cerci has always been rotten to the core, but beautiful on the outside. Brienne is the exact opposite. I don't know if Jaime has made that connection yet, but I hope he does. She does seem to bring the best out of Jaime, where Cercei always brought out the worst.

I think the relationship may be going in that direction but there are too many negatives to make it a sure thing. Brienne would have to accept a lot of the rotten things Jaime has done, including the worst of all, fathering Joff. I'm not inside Jaime's mind, but I can see the refomed him being able to look beyond the surface to see the nice person Brienne is. If he's looking for Cersei's opposite Brienne is it.

i think its funny that in order for jaime to become a redeeming character he had to meet up with vargo Hoat. Otherwise none of this discussion would even be happening. He would still be trying to kill "the wench." In order for any of us to even start liking him he had to be castrated!

Archived