Jamie Wants Breannie

TheZone

I feel like any romantic relationship between them will never happen. They do clearly admire each other, like almost all of you have said. And the love they may have for one other, I think, will be translated as the type of love the Sworn Brothers of the Kingsguard are supposed to have for each other. Brienne is the type of knight that I think Jaime would have loved to have been. I was such a firm hater of Jaime, and I never thought I would ever begin to like him... redemption attempted or not. But Brienne has pulled out the good quaities of Jaime that Cersei stifled. Love Brienne, but also fear she has some tragedy ahead somewhere. We shall see!

I see this relationship more of respect for one another rather than love. They have grown to admire each other as they have suffered through a difficult ordeal; they allowed some walls to come down that they have put up for others. LIke Sam said about Gilly, I think Jaime has found that even though he may have hated "the wench" at first and wanted to kill her, he cannot entirely deny that Brienne has made him better and has helped him work to redeem himself.

Though I do agree wholeheartedly with the anti-cersei thing, I do not think they will end up together, nor will they have a moment of passion. One, or more likely both given GRRM`s inkling to killing major characters, will end up dead.

I am however constantly amazed at how people seem to quick to forgive and forget Jaime`s past.

He is trying to make amends and become a better person, sure, but he did kill the king he swore to protect, mad man or not, and worst of all, pushed Bran out the window. And as pointed before, the only reason he is trying to become a better person is that he can no longer be the person he was, no sword hand and all that jazz.

I wonder if Bran had died from the fall if the overall feeling would still be the same.

I wonder if Bran had died from the fall if the overall feeling would still be the same.

I think it most of the people would have already forgotten about Bran if that happened, he would be just as minor as Rickon is now, and some people seem to forget about Rickon.

I don't see Jaime and Brienne's relationship being anything more than each being to the other the person that opened their eyes to more of the world and humanity than their previously limited points of view allowed.

Mutual respect and admiration doesn't have to nor necessarily lead to boning.

I agree that there won't be a romantic relationship between the two. Jamie has had his fair share of lust with Cersei and he is not physically attracted to Brienne

save the time he got a boner when they were in the baths of Harrenhal

. He has a relationship that is much more "pure" with Brienne. Their relationship is based on trust and loyalty where Jamie's & Cersei's is built on lust and lies. Brienne changes him, she is his chance to make his wrongs right. Because of this, I don't think he will seek out a physical relationship ever with Brienne. To me, they are more like "brothers" who protect each other.

I have to admit that since Jaime's changing personality I've come to like him very much, and in turn I like Brienne. The problem with all of this is that, knowing how things tend to happen in this series, happy endings are few and far between.... (or just non-existent) and as much as I would love to see IF the two of them could be more than just friends, I'm thinking they will probably never meet again.

However, you never know, and if they DO meet again, here's to hoping SOMETHING happens... for cryin out loud.

I think there is a level of affection or love for one another, it just seems that they are more uncertain, and are probably a bit confused on the matter and don't know how to immediately take it all in. They each have developed a bond or feelings towards a person they least expected; complete opposite of their traditional "types" in what they would originally thought they would like to see in a mate.

They also have been through a huge event that few other people could ever understand, which just aided in their growth.

With that being said, I don't think they will actually be a real couple. There is just way too many harsh circumstances blocking and/or distracting them, and I wouldn't be suprised if one of them dies shortly.

If they do, here is to hoping they will live happily till old age and live a peaceful, quiet existance in a pleasant secluded location away from politics, fighting, judgements or any other nonsense.

And if they do live through the chaos but part ways, here is to hoping that they will remember each other and the lessons they gained, and really learn what it means to have a true and real (romantic) relationship - not one made up of distant unrequited love and one not made up of lust and mindgames.

If they do, here is to hoping they will live happily till old age and live a peaceful, quiet existance in a pleasant secluded location away from politics, fighting, judgements or any other nonsense.

Now what would be the fun in that? (for us readers...)

Jamie is pretty enough for the two of them....

also lets just think of Cersai's reaction to that happening........ he has already rejected her and now he runs off with Brienne. she would find it incomprehensable.

Jamie is pretty enough for the two of them....

also lets just think of Cersai's reaction to that happening........ he has already rejected her and now he runs off with Brienne. she would find it incomprehensable.

Which would 1. BE BRILLIANT! and 2. Make me so happy to see Cersei so LIVID! It should happen. Correction: It should happen RIGHT BEFORE CERSEI DIES! Oh that would make me the happiest ever.... I'm evil..... I'm so evil...

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sorry, I just read the "bear pit" part last night and I just put the book down and giggled face-down on my bed. And then I read it again, then continued reading a couple of POVs, then went back to that POV to read that part AGAIN.

Oh my goodness.

Jaime (to Vargo): I'll pay her ransom. Just get her out of there!

Vargo: Then go get her.

(And he actually did! haha)

Brienne: Kingslayer?

Jaime: Jaime :)

Brienne: What are you doing here?

Jaime: Something stupid. (hahaha!) Stay behind me. (whooooo!)

(Then he did some useless attempts to fight the bear until his men shot it with arrows)

One of his men: We’re taking the wench!

Jaime: Brienne. Brienne the maid of Tarth. You are still a maiden, I hope?

Brienne blushes: Yes.

Jaime: Oh, good. I only rescue maidens.

I think it most of the people would have already forgotten about Bran if that happened, he would be just as minor as Rickon is now, and some people seem to forget about Rickon.

Plus, the decision to throw Bran out the window is, if nowhere near justifiable, then understandable from Jaime's perspective: if Bran had told anyone (and as a honour-bound, he is likely to 'fess up the moment he realizes what it means), then it would mean the deaths of Jaime's lover and his three children. He wouldn't choose to go around killing children, but he doesn't view a stranger's life as more important than Cersei's, Tommen's, Joffrey's or Myrcella's, what with them being family. It isn't a particularly nice position to have (especially given what Cersei and Joffrey are like), but was motivated by more than sadism or self-interest.

As to Jaime ending up with Brienne, it is a possibility: she does make him feel aroused during the bath scene in Harrenhal, not to mention his "chastising my wife" line, and his internal thought that it looked like they had been "fucking, not fighting".

Jaime would never get with an ugly wench like Brienne!!

This is what I first thought of Jaime, too. But not until he lost his sword hand. That made him sort of a damaged good (sorry for the term), more than just physically, since it is his sword hand and Jaime is known for his fighting skills.

• 2 months later...

I think he is drawn to her, definitely. This is his redemption arc and I think Brienne is set up to be the anti-Cersei...physically awkward, outwardly plain/ugly, but with a genuine goodness and constancy inside her that something inside him responds to. In contrast, we have Cersei, this outwardly beautiful woman with a rotten core who has spent a lifetime using sex and the promise of sex to control the men around her...including him.

The Brienne/Jaimie relationship really caught me by surprise, but I'm totally digging them.

Hodor! Double Hodor!

Archived