Gendry and Joe Dempsie

trins

So I was browsing through IMDB (again), anyway and found that Joe Dempsie wasn't listed on the new season. that either means they have a new person playing Gendry or they removed his character story, can they do that? I'm thinking they removed his character story from the TV series... why i think this? Well because they've gone on to bill actors playing Melisandre, Brienne etc and not him... so.. thoughts guys?

His IMDB listing probably just hasn't been updated. I'm pretty sure I saw him in one of the preview segments that have aired, so he's on the show. There's no chance that they removed his character story; if that were the case, they wouldn't have bothered to put him in the season one finale. Don't trust imdb for casting stuff, at one point they listed Gerard Butler as playing Stannis and when it lists how many episodes the actor appears in it's usually wrong.

Yes, he's seen in one of the previews. Also, IMDB is not really to be trusted before something airs, because there's so much speculation by users/fans/etc. ...

As we have opened this topic, who else can't watch his scenes withough expecting Gendry to offer some drugs to Ned? Yes, Skins was that good a show. But I do think he's believable in this somewhat opposite role, so he's a good actor in any case ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, he's seen in one of the previews. Also, IMDB is not really to be trusted before something airs, because there's so much speculation by users/fans/etc. ...

As we have opened this topic, who else can't watch his scenes withough expecting Gendry to offer some drugs to Ned? Yes, Skins was that good a show. But I do think he's believable in this somewhat opposite role, so he's a good actor in any case ;-)

I fully expect him to say "Fuck it" and light up a splif sometimes during s2.

• 2 months later...

Well I think he is nailing it! And his interactions with arya are awesome. At first I have doubts because of his character in skins UK, but he´s really good.

Totally agree. Had a good laugh at the interaction with her after she reveals herself as Arya of House Stark. When she pushes him, and he says: 'that's very unlady like.'

i think he loos quite good this season, and i can't wait for maisie to grow up a little bit so we can see the scene where arya & gendry start fooling around on the floor when she is forced to wear that dress with the little acorns! Crown, i also loved that moment, since he says he ought to be calling her my lady :rofl:

Dempsie said , in a recent interview, that in his view the Gendry in the books is a little on the slow side, that in the show he is going to be a brighter bulb.

I think D&D would be right in doing this, he and Arya have a chemistry.

They are going to have to invent a new story line for him (at the expense of some character), and I don't know what they are going to do when he and Arya split. When reading I thought Gendry was going to disappear from the story, even tho we know he's alive. Then he come's back for a brief but important appearance. Lord know what George has in store for him in the next to novels? What the show does with him may influence what George writes!

You know what, as I'm watching Gendry and Arya interact in the show I'm seeing a more apparent or glaring sexual tension between the two than in the books. It's gonna be nice to see it develop (then of course turn into nothing because GRRM doesn't like to treat us with anything remotely romantic) I'm liking it :D lol

Archived