NFL Championship Games

Stego

Yes, I absolutely thought the Pats were done. And then I watched those games last weekend. Baltimore is bad. And Spikes, Chung, Arrington, and the offensive line are all healthy. Different team.

Totaly fair analysis. I just wanted to make sure the reasons. I THINK I am with you here, just that I am not certain I can draw too many conclusions on how the Pats beat the Broncos.

Agreed, I'm just disagreeing with Jaime L's assertion that "A Football Life" made Belichick seem interesting or entertaining. I use that special like Ambien.

Then I don't think you really like football.

Belichick's interaction with the various aspects of the game were very compelling- from Brady to opposing teams (look at his interaction with Ed Reed? Then look on how that differs than his interaction with Mason), to his owner, to former greats (Russ Francis). Look at how he talks to his team- would you EVER expect Bill Belichick to say to a team that they need to celibrate more? Or that he is utterly hurt by his OWN inabolity to reach his own team (the loss to New Orleans)? Or what went into his decision making process to do 4th and 2?

I completely agree- behind the podium he's wall-paper paste. But did you see him fawn over Russ Francis? What about the way he called the game against Miami a few years back? I think the man has a great personality.,

Its just not for anyone to see.

I think you guys are selling Balty's pass rush short. And I'm half expecting Flacco to come up big against an anemic Pats secondary. I spose it boils down to that.

The pass rush is there one game, gone the next. It's not consistent enough for me to truly believe in it.

Then I don't think you really like football.

I will admit that I don't really like the Pats in general and Belicheck in particular, but I LOVES ME SOME FOOTBALL! NO ONE DENIES THIS!

I'm biased against the guy for sure, I'm not going to deny it. I watched that special expecting some small morsel of personality or insight into the guy and was left wanting. :huh:

I think you guys are selling Balty's pass rush short. And I'm half expecting Flacco to come up big against an anemic Pats secondary. I spose it boils down to that.

Not really - this is the Baltimore defense that gave up 270 yards & 34 points to SD on the road, they've easily got it in them to be picked apart. Yes, the defense will be up for this game, but I don't think there's any question the NE offense is better than the SD offense. A lot is also going to depend on if Reed's ankle is really ready for prime time or if he is hobbled at all.

I'm biased against the guy for sure, I'm not going to deny it. I watched that special expecting some small morsel of personality or insight into the guy and was left wanting.

See, I'm not a fan of Rex Ryan and I hate the Jets. But all the Hard Knocks stuff? Priceless- can't get enough of it. Same was true when it was the Cowboys and their head coach looked like he was in a coma.

I think the same is true for the Pats. Even if you don't like them, you have to appreciate some of the back stuff. I mean, the stuff with Belichick talking about the Giants as he's basically crying as he visits the Meadowlands one last time? How is that NOT must-see TV? Even if you don't like the man.

See, I'm not a fan of Rex Ryan and I hate the Jets. But all the Hard Knocks stuff? Priceless- can't get enough of it. Same was true when it was the Cowboys and their head coach looked like he was in a coma.

Concur 100% The Jets Hard Knocks episodes were the best that series has produced and I believe that it is arguably the best NFL based show outside of a good game.

And I'm not a Jets fan either. That being said, they are a colorful, loud, obnoxius and entertaining bunch. Belichick is the antithesis of all these things. I understand the intelligence behind suppressing all of that shit. I get it, but don't try and tell me that it is entertaining because it's not. It's watching paint dry. I doubt you'll ever see a Hard Knocks season devoted to the Pats and not just because Belichick wouldn't allow it.

And I'm not a Jets fan either. That being said, they are a colorful, loud, obnoxius and entertaining bunch. Belichick is the antithesis of all these things. I understand the intelligence behind suppressing all of that shit. I get it, but don't try and tell me that it is entertaining because it's not. It's watching paint dry.

This is like saying you need the coach's personality to be Bluto instead of Keyser Soze to be interesting. :P

The reason I think Belichek is a Sith lord is that he has the power to make other teams take his old, and less valuable playes that he is going to cut anyways and give him draft picks for them. How is this anything but a manipulation of the dark side of the Force?

and yes damn it... I would want him coaching the Cowboys... Oh God those words tasted horrible.... see... Evil

This is like saying you need the coach's personality to be Bluto instead of Keyser Soze to be interesting. :P

I'm perfectly willing to admit that my opinion of that special is colored by my dislike of the man, but Bryan Singer at least provided us a few clues about Soze. Belicheck is like one of those fucking Magic Eye posters. I'm not going to stare at that fucker for an hour and not see anything.

In news that should come as a surprise to absolutely no one, the Colts have fired the cardboard cutout that has been coaching their team for the last couple years.

I must admit I am surprised. I thought they'd pull the trigger long before this point, but once he'd survived this long, I thought he was safe.

I must admit I am surprised. I thought they'd pull the trigger long before this point, but once he'd survived this long, I thought he was safe.

Same here. I expected them to keep Caldwell because I just have that low an opinion of the Colts as an organization.

I'm perfectly willing to admit that my opinion of that special is colored by my dislike of the man, but Bryan Singer at least provided us a few clues about Soze. Belicheck is like one of those fucking Magic Eye posters. I'm not going to stare at that fucker for an hour and not see anything.

It's okay. You don't have to be rational about Belichick. In fact I enjoy the relentless irrationality about him. It's like having your team coached by Tywin Lannister. :P

Colts fire a corpse.

Thankfully the COlts fired Caldwell late in the day, that way they could not entice guys like Jeff Fisher. I mean, who would want THAT guy being the coach?

I actually think this is another nail in the Manning Coffin. No coach is going to want to come to Indy and have to balance Luck v. Manning on a day-to-day basis. Nor will they want to be the one who makes that final decision when the time comes to tell Manning to "ride the pine."

Archived