And the Iron Thrones goes to...

Lady Octarina

Baratheon. Lannister... Stark... haha, bloody Marg...

But it'd be more interesting of Jon, if he was to be king to marry Arianne Martell.

lol

I agree, and I believe it much more likely he would take Arianne (or even Val) for a wife instead of Margaery, who has already married far too many people.

I think Rhaegar was planning on legitimizing Jon, Blackfire-style, once he became king. Then he was going to name Jon his hier. There are a lot of clues for this I think, like Rhaegar saying he had a master plan that would change the whole Seven Kingdoms. Perhaps he left a will somewhere. Would this be a good enough claim? To those who supported Rhaegar I'm sure it would be. Plus, Jon has Robb's will too (if it ever appears), naming him hier to King of the North. I think Jon is probably the only person who could rule if Westeros is united. Anyone else's claim would be shotty at best, other than Dany, who as you said will have no hier, or new Aegon, who I think is a Blackfire or some other imposter. Jon would probably have the least resistance though, since he would have support in the North as well as the South.

Baratheon. Lannister... Stark... haha, bloody Marg...

But it'd be more interesting of Jon, if he was to be king to marry Arianne Martell.

Yeah Margs husbands have a habit of kicking the bucket, Arrianne or Valla would be better if Jon becomes king, Asha Greyjoy is the dark horse.

Jon would be the best and obvious choice to be king. He has the genes and was raised by the most honorable man in the Seven Kingdoms. However, I forsee Jon keeping his vows to the nights watch and spending the rest of his days on the wall.

My second choice would be a Aegon VI (real or not). All that matters in the end is what he was raised to believe. He has been raised to be all that a king should be. He has been taught that rule is a sacred duty and not a right. Even if he is outed as a Blackfyre, he still has a legit claim to the throne.

I doubt the realm will split again. Westeros has had near 300 years to see the benefit of unification. If a proper ruler is in place there is peace and plenty to be had. If the realm fragments back into seven kingdoms/petty-kingdoms, it will only lead more wars of conquest. Every ruler in every Kingdom will dream of reuniting the seven kingdoms under one banner. As usual, alliances would be made and the small folk would suffer. Better to chose one king and get on with it.

Daenerys: as far as we know she can't have any more children. I know many people think (or hope) Mirri Maz Duur was lying when she said that, but I don't think so. Her magic made Dany dive birth to a dead monster, and she was only what? 13? That ought to have affected her body somehow. She's already the Mother of Dragons, and "Mother" of her adopted people (the slaves), I doubt she will ever be mother to any other thing. She has already fulfilled that part enough.

I thought the fact her period came back at the end of ADwD made it relatively clear that she is fertile again..

And why not Tommen? I know, that would be quite a surprise (and a bold choice from GRRM), but hey! he's the one sitting the iron throne right now. I think that would give him at least a chance to sit it by the end of the series.

Plus he still has (and probably will keep) the support of Lannisters (and all their gold) and Tyrells (and all their army). Oh and he seems to be a good kid : let's hope he'll grow to be a good man.

Really? I know it's in the middle of the desert or something, but I was always under the impression it was generally known in Dorne lol

Anyway, the rest of the theory stands :thumbsup:

Remember Ned had Howland Reed with him. Howland has some sort of foresight power, maybe even a greenseer. He visited the isle of faces and met Ned and his sister on the banks of gods eye at the tourney at Harrenhal

Tommen's dragon food. There are too many people after him, plus there's the prophecy that all of Cersei's children will die. There's no way Tommen survives the series. Neither does his sister.

Of course they will die. Seeing as they are mere mortals.

The prophecy stipulates that Cersei will be alive when her children die, ie., she survives them. In order to satisfy this, you need to kill off Tommen and Myrcella, and then kill Cersei, all within the next two books, which I personally see as excessive, especially given that there is so much else that has to happen as well. Add to that that if someone kills Tommen and Myrcella, Cersei will seek revenge as only a mother can, and this furthers the complications of the plot. I see it more likely that they die accidentally or by contracting illness, avoiding overkill and allowing for Cersei's death to be pitiful.

It is also problematic if one of the "good guys" kills Tommen and Myrcella, because it automatically taints them forever. Robert never managed to live down the shadow of Elia and her children, and he wasn't even the one who killed them. Whoever kills the Lannister children will not be affiliated with whoever ends up on the Iron Throne. And if they are, they won't sit the Throne for long.

I thought the fact her period came back at the end of ADwD made it relatively clear that she is fertile again..

I didn't understand it this way. An infertile woman still has her period, though it doesn't come that regularly. I thought that her period coming was just a way to show how dramatic Daenerys's situation was, lost in the desert, not that sure what the hell was going on in Drogon's head, etc. But of course, she became unable to have children through magic, not naturally; maybe some magic related to riding a dragon could have cured her? Anyway, I always thought that the heat coming off the dragon's body had something to do with her period coming at that exact moment.

Of course they will die. Seeing as they are mere mortals.

The prophecy stipulates that Cersei will be alive when her children die, ie., she survives them. In order to satisfy this, you need to kill off Tommen and Myrcella, and then kill Cersei, all within the next two books, which I personally see as excessive, especially given that there is so much else that has to happen as well. Add to that that if someone kills Tommen and Myrcella, Cersei will seek revenge as only a mother can, and this furthers the complications of the plot. I see it more likely that they die accidentally or by contracting illness, avoiding overkill and allowing for Cersei's death to be pitiful.

It is also problematic if one of the "good guys" kills Tommen and Myrcella, because it automatically taints them forever. Robert never managed to live down the shadow of Elia and her children, and he wasn't even the one who killed them. Whoever kills the Lannister children will not be affiliated with whoever ends up on the Iron Throne. And if they are, they won't sit the Throne for long.

I agree it seems unlikely. But I can totally see Daenerys killing the Lannister kids as some sort of revenge for Rhaegar's children if she ever gets to Westeros (let's assume she either doesn't hear about Young Griff, or doesn't believe he is Aegon). And, honestly, Cersei is so insane by now I wouldn't put it past her to commit suicide, and maybe even take Tommen with her. Now, Myrcella... there's always Dayne who knows where. And the Martells could always kill her by whatever political reasons they find. Btw, I don't think her children actually need to be dead for the prophecy to work (assuming prophecies do work); all it takes is Cersei believing they're gone, and that can certainly be arranged in two books, with Myrcella in Dorne and Tommen in a delicate position out of his control. But you know what would be truly fascinating? If Cersei didn't die at the end of the series, but became some crazy roamer telling prophecies to everyone who comes her way O.O

The only way I think Stannis would bend the knee to Jon is if Stannis is killed or Jon proves to have a better claim then his own. The only way Jon would want to be King is if he believes its the only way to protect the realm.

Tyrion shouldve went North so that his fate could be tied to the Starks, but now it seems he will be tied to Dany. You never know. I rather Dany and Jon join sides to fight the South, but thats a mismatch.

Not really. A period is just a period, and although she reflects that she can't remember when the last one was, she's not surprised to see it. MMD didn't destroy her ability to menstruate, or even her ability to conceive, but rather, her ability to bear a living child. She could have dozens of miscarriages. "Infertile" women often do.

Tommen actually seems like he would make a fairly good king. He has little hope of surviving long term though and the failures that presently keep trying to run his court have caused incredible damage. Myrcella also seems like she would be reasonably capable as a ruler if given time and stability. So much of the realm wants or can only envision having some kind of warlike, bloodsoaked braggart rather than a competent, efficacious leader. This is exemplified in the thought process of Randyl Tarly, Tywin, and others.

Perhaps, when all is said and done, Gendry or Edric Storm will somehow end up with the throne. Gendry as a PTWP/AA candidate backed by the Brotherhood without Banners would be an odd turn of events, as would Snow as Stannis's heir (if Shireen did not make it somehow).

I love Tommen as much as the rest of this fandom, but I don't think his being sweet and adorable instead of a sadistic bastard (no pun intended) like Joffrey is enough to suppose he'd make a good king. He wouldn't soak the realm in blood and fire, I agree, but he could grow up to be lazy and easily manipulated by those he trusts.

I'm pretty sure that there will be new king/queen by the end of book 6 after big, big war. I don't know who and I don't care because all Westeros will be exhausted and starving, razed and half of good men in Westeros will be dead. Why I don't care? Because in the book 7 The Others will attack, and when all hope will be lost there will be Jon aided by Dany and rest of the Starks. After such glorious victory everyone who has been sparred will bend his knee. Matter of discussion is whether Jon will seat on the Iron Throne or will it be Danny and Jon as a King in the North.

And why not Tommen? I know, that would be quite a surprise (and a bold choice from GRRM), but hey! he's the one sitting the iron throne right now. I think that would give him at least a chance to sit it by the end of the series. Plus he still has (and probably will keep) the support of Lannisters (and all their gold) and Tyrells (and all their army). Oh and he seems to be a good kid : let's hope he'll grow to be a good man.
Regarding Tommen and the other Lannister children the prophecy is vague, gold will be thier and gold thier shrouds is the wording, came true with Joff, alway kind of hoped Tommen and Myrcella might be thought dead but escape alive live out thier days in hiding, Jamie could go for something like this but a lot of people want Tommen dead and Myrcella has all ready had one attempt on her life so it really isn't looking good.

Nobody. They melt it down for ploughshares. j/k.

Seriously, though, I think the ideal thing would be Jon Snow as King with Danaerys as his queen, and Tyrion as Hand. For that reason, I'm quite certain it can never happen. Stannis is the likeliest contender now, so it can't be him. Aegon is too easy, and I expect something awful to happen to him, like getting exposed as a fake or something.

Once the dust settles, prophecies have been fulfilled, and everyone who had to die is dead, I expect that either Sansa, Bran, or Arya will somehow land on the throne, because they're POV characters, and they'll have had time to grow up by then. The three of them are far enough away from the battlefield, that they could survive.

Tommen's dragon food. There are too many people after him, plus there's the prophecy that all of Cersei's children will die. There's no way Tommen survives the series. Neither does his sister.

There is no such prophesy. The only prophesy is that gold shall be their crowns and gold shall be their shrouds.

Archived