And the Iron Thrones goes to...

Lady Octarina

Is Jon even still alive?

I predict the common people get sick and tired of all these loons running around claiming to be king, waging wars, ruinging their crops, raping, killing etc - so they rise up and form a republic. *ducks and runs away*

The Targaryens haven't practiced polygamy for hundreds of years.

R+L=J makes plenty of sense, and is a very valid theory. The idea that they were married and that Jon is the legitimate heir to the throne is not. Consider the matter of Joffrey's incestuous parents. Joffrey doesn't look anything like a Baratheon. Ned Stark, Jon Arryn, and Stannis Baratheon all found out the truth of his origins. The Realm at large still didn't believe it. Do you really think they're going to take the word of a fucking crannogman that Jon is the legitimate heir of the Targaryen dynasty?

Another point: even if he is, fuck the Targaryens.

If he is riding a dragon that is desperately needed to stop the advance of the Others, I expect most people will be happy to acknowledge him as whatever he wants. :cool4:

i support danys claim to the throne she seems real , loves her people and if she gets it could change the lifes off people

if theres any dany fan here who can sorta pm me and tell me where she stands in the books ill be grateful

The iron throne is exactly the way Danny sees a ruler should sit a throne, never confortable. Danny will conquer the seven kingdoms, and the rest of the world as well; But as she has no heir, she will name a council to rule the kindoms (and the world), the way she tried in Astapor. Thou the council failed in Astapor it's still the way Danny sees as the best way to rule a city/kingdom. The world, the structure of power in the world will change by spring. Aegon migth end up ruling the seven kingdoms, as Danny's man in Westeros. As both Aegon and Danny have traveled the world, they may choose a system of ruling like that in one of the free cityes, Pentos/Bravos/xxx, but with some modifications. And this way of ruling will be adopted (or forced upon) in the entire world.

At this point I'm not even sure Dany will arrive in Westeros. It just seems like she's fully committed to freeing every single slave across the Narrow Sea including the so called "Free Cities".

Unless she and Drogon somehow take over Khal Pono, return to Mereen, and take over Victarion's ships and set sail for Westeros.

It's a mystery. The sad and politically incorrect truth is that Daenerys is unfit for rule. That turned out perfectly in Mereen and Astapor and Yunkaii. She will conquer the Seven Kingdoms this way or the other, but basically the only remaining characters fit to bring peace to Westeros and keep it and rule are:

- Jon Snow, as we saw him as Lord Commander

- Jaime Lannister, as we saw him as Commander of the King's Guard

But since Jaime Lannister is the bleeding Kingslayer, he's unlikely to end up on the Throne while Daenerys/Jon Snow a plenty other people breaths. And very well so. So, my stomach turns saying this but... Jon Snow should sit the Iron Throne. Only if he's Rhaegar's son. Because a Targaryen should retake the throne.

As for the ironmen, Victarion and his crew.... I do dearly hope Daenerys will burn their asses and take their ships back to Westeros.

As for Aegon... hmmm... he might turn out fake or might die. Both options are realistic and acceptable and in my opinion also preferable. But that bloody dragon needs three heads, so he should live. But if he lives he's the rightful heir and I'm not sure Daenerys will like that.

As for the Tyrion Lannister as the third head of the dragon being Aerys Targaryen's bastard son theory. That is nonsense. If that's true I'll burn my copies. I found it hard enough to swallow the Aegon returns from the dead part too.

Rickon Stark will take the Iron Throne (love the long shot). With the help of Jon as his hand. Rickon at some point will become a major player when he comes out of hiding to re-align the north to his cause as the new King of the North. Stannis will be forced to bend the knee when his northern "allies," support Rickon's claim. I belive Rickon at some point has to play a part before this is all said and done. GRRM loves surprises and I would love to see the Starks eventually take the Iron Throne. There is so much uncertatiny with Jon in reagrds to whether he is even alive or what condition he will be in if he is not dead.

I have a sneaking idea that the later part of the storyline will resemble the way things went for the previous generation.

Much like the moment where the "smiles disappeared" at the Harrenhal tourney a generation before, I can see Dany arriving, succeeding or near success in gaining the iron throne, but then falling for Jon and that courtship affecting the power coalition Dany has, as I would picture part of her power would be cemented thru marriage. So for me, either Dany falls for Jon but they go their separate ways for the good of the realm (which would be bittersweet as GRRM has suggested) or someone else sits the throne but it is due to a loveless/convenience marriage that Robert had to start the series, leading to the sense that the same problems are in place for a new generation of Westeros.

One character I am interested in more for her politcal role than as a character is Sansa. Sansa and Jon were not close as siblings but would she support Dany for Jon's sake? Will Sansa be queen but not the queen of her childhood stories? That too would be bittersweet.

I have a feel/hope for how events conclude more than who "wins".

i read on wiki the writer wanted to focus a book on dany on her way back to Westeros i read on wiki anyone else see this?

After A Game of Thrones, A Clash of Kings, and A Storm of Swords, Martin originally intended to write three more books. The fourth book, tentatively titled A Dance with Dragons, was to focus on Daenerys Targaryen's return to Westeros and the associated conflicts. Martin wanted to set this story five years after A Storm of Swords so that the younger characters could grow older and the dragons grow large

i read on wiki the writer wanted to focus a book on dany on her way back to Westeros i read on wiki anyone else see this?

After A Game of Thrones, A Clash of Kings, and A Storm of Swords, Martin originally intended to write three more books. The fourth book, tentatively titled A Dance with Dragons, was to focus on Daenerys Targaryen's return to Westeros and the associated conflicts. Martin wanted to set this story five years after A Storm of Swords so that the younger characters could grow older and the dragons grow large

very old news, he decided to do otherwise

Well, GRRM has said many times it isn't going to be someone we expect sitting on the Iron Throne in the end, so I think we can rule out:

Jon, Dany, Stannis, Gendry, Aegon whether fake or real, any Targ, any Baratheon, any of Robert's bastards

So what are some other possibilities? I for one think Margaery Tyrell is going to end up being queen regardless who is sitting on the throne. With the Queen of Thorns' help, she just seems too clever and persistent to not end up as queen unless of course she gets killed somehow. So who would be her king?

I think it could end up being Tyrion, as wacky as that sounds. He's already proved himself capable. There's speculation he's a lost Targ, but at the end I'm not sure it would even matter. All of the Targs and Baratheons could be dead in the end, and Tyrion could get there by being the closest relative, an uncle to previous kings. This is just a wacky thought I had. As for Margaery, I don't think she cares who or what is king. Tyrion's looks won't stop her from marrying him. Of course, there's that whole Sansa thing. I'm not sure how that would work out, though I imagine a king can nullify a marriage if he wants.

So my choice for the Iron Throne is Tyrion, with Margaery as his queen (or possibly Sansa if Marg ends up dead).

Well, GRRM has said many times it isn't going to be someone we expect sitting on the Iron Throne in the end, so I think we can rule out:

Jon, Dany, Stannis, Gendry, Aegon whether fake or real, any Targ, any Baratheon, any of Robert's bastards

But didn't he say that far too many years ago? He could simply mean no one we expected to get the throne back then would - so, some people on your list still might.

Btw, officially Jon has no claim to the throne, and as we have discussed over the R+L=J threads, the great majority of fans has no idea he's part-Targaryen. So I'd put him in the "someone we don't expect" category anyway. Not to mention that since he is Lord Commander of the Night's Watch (with those vows and everything), and currently maybe dead, he's definitely unexpected to seat the iron throne lol

And before anyone accuses me of wishful thinking or something like that, well... what I'd truly like to see in the end is not Jon on the throne, but that blasted thing burned down and the Seven Kingdoms become independent republics.

I'm with you on the independent republics thing, Lady Octarina. That's true, I guess I'm assuming the people who would be obvious to us are obvious to everyone else too. Jon would seem to be a long shot at this point if we didn't know better.

I think that also fits well within the "bittersweet" ending this is supposed to have. I don't think Jon would want to be king even if he knew that legally he should be. Whereas for most people, sitting on the throne would be a pinnacle of achievement, Jon would think of it as imprisonment, even though he'd do it if called upon. That's the irony — everyone wants it, except the guy who will probably end up on it.

This also reminds me of Ned not wanting to be the hand of the king. An interesting parallel.

• 4 weeks later...

HMm i like stannis, but i do see him dying soon so very soon sigh. I believe aegon and dany jon and the rest will unify to defeat the others as for who sits on the throne man i gotta say it maybe be varys lol nah i'll wait for the ending no speculation for me martin already been too unpredictable for me. I wouldn't mind seeing what aegon could do with a kingdom though.

Alot of people might disagree with this because of Bran and Rickon but I want jon to be king in the north. Stannis can have whatever parts south of the neck that he can conquer but stay out of the north.

I think all this business about Dany's being "unfit for rule" is a little out of control. She gave the people of Astapor and Yunkai their freedom, and the people there freely screwed it all up. She decided to stay in Mereen and rule instead of rolling on to Volantis and sacking the city, or sailing straight to Westeros. She is trying to figure out how to rule without being a tyrant, and she has made some mistakes. Ultimately, it's a learning curve. What I think she's going to take away from it is a little clarity on which people she can compromise and share power with, and which people just need to be crushed/ burned to a crisp*. Having Tyrion as her Hand will help, because he can outmaneuver enemies while keeping some semblance of honor; the people will be free to hate him and love her.

The slut-talk about Dany is pretty obnoxious: Three men- big deal. I don't see any posts calling Tyrion a slut...

Anyway, Dany on the Iron Throne! I'm for it! Go PGOAT!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think the Iron Throne will survive the novels...

Despite that...Danny would be a great Queen.

She is not a seasoned commander, nor as cunning as an old man. She had made many mistakes especially when measuring people's character is concearn. But she has a good heart, she is strong, and she never gives up.

And that thing about beeing a slut... really?! is this even an argument?

Please people;;; this talk sounds just like the Faith sparrow's stuff.

Archived