And the Iron Thrones goes to...

Lady Octarina

• 10 months later...

The Throne will be occupied by whether Sansa and Harry or Tyrion/Dany. I really don´t think GRRM will hold on his "GRRM-style-story-telling" (you know, killing main characters and doing things no other fantasy writer is doing) until the very end of the story.-..

Without reading any of the last pages I can safely say it can be only one deserving man. A watchful guardian. A silent teeth grinding protector.

STANNIS THE MANNIS, FIRST OF HIS NAME.

Or Roose Bolton. That'd be swell.

I would love to see Stannis as king.

And before anyone accuses me of wishful thinking or something like that, well... what I'd truly like to see in the end is not Jon on the throne, but that blasted thing burned down and the Seven Kingdoms become independent republics.

Cersei will burn down the Red Keep because of an approaching Aegon invasion. Jon will be King in the North not because he wants to but because he has to Rally the North to fight the Others. I honestly couldnt give a crap about the South and Dany unless they wise up and march North to fight the Others.

i support danys claim to the throne she seems real , loves her people and if she gets it could change the lifes off people

if theres any dany fan here who can sorta pm me and tell me where she stands in the books ill be grateful

I support Dany, too.

I found a couple of quotes from GRRM in the SSM that might interest you:

I'm a bit concerned about Dany's skills as commander. To succeed with the invasion of Westeros, I believe she will need a lot of sound military advice (both tactically and strategically). What's your thoughts on this issue?

She will need counsel, yes...she will also need to learn to tell the good counsel from the bad, which is perhaps the hardest task of all.

Was it difficult to you when you wrote Dany's scene with the slavers in SOS? Was that one of the moments where the character spoke to you and changer their direction? Cause for me that act of Dany's seemed out of character. I know she dislikes slavery, but she must have killed an awful lot of innocent people there, plus her motives to me seemed suspect. Yes she freed the slaves, but she also got a large army for nothing. And right after she left the slavery started up again.

Dany is still very young. She has lessons to learn. That was one of them. It is not as easy to do good as it might seem, no matter how noble your intentions.

I think we will see a scattered or somewhat parted Westeros, more towards democracy. The reality in this epic fantasy world is very important to GRRM, so it is not difficult to say that the realm is ending up as a democracy. Of a counsil, perhaps, or united by a Marriage?

Characters:

Jon Snow deserves it (if he is Targ and A.A. - theories, theories)

Daenerys is the obvious choice. But in my opinion not worthy. I think she neither cares for Westeros (so far) nor do I believe she would go to the north and fight the White Walkers.

Those saying what about Aegon...no, shush.

Sansa is an interesting candidate!

Stannis would be an interesting pick also, but not likely considering where the story is headed.

Then you have other predictions, such as:

Arya - I don't think so. She is destined to be a Faceless assassin, which I think is awesome.

Gendry - the royal bastard (if he gets hold on Roberts hammer, he'll conquer the kingdom like picking a grape)

Lets not forget the Greyjoys. Victarion is a resourceful man. So is Euron, and he has a valyrion horn!

The Lannisters will probably be scattered. Tyrion and Jaime goes seperate ways and Cersei deserves to die. That is all. She deserves it. It is cruel to say so, but a person who performs such actions is doomed...

And we have the Martells, the Tyrells, the Manderlys, the Redwynes and the Daynes. Not likely candidates, but they all hold much power.

So does Varys, Littlefinger and the Citadel.

Couples which might end up on the Throne or in hold of great power:

Jon and Dany - would make the most sense if you ask me

Tyrion and Sansa - They are already married, but not willingly

Dany and Aegon - I don't think so, it's just not going to work

Gendry and Arya?

Jaime and Brienne?

The people of Westeros will democratically elect a President and begin a drone war against the terrorist.

I vote for Davos!!!

Seriously, though..democracy would be nice, but Stannis, Dany, Aegon, Cersei, the Starks and even the Tyrells might object 'coz they would want to keep the power within their family. Dany might but she is the blood of the freakin' dragon; she won't let the name Targaryen gone-baby-gone without trying to make it known to the world again. Maybe when they all die from fighting each other non-stop, people will kick them out of their thrones and get to choose who they want to lead them..

King of Westeros?

There is only one obvious choice: Walder Frey

Now the serious guess:

1. Dany and Jon(I don't like this option, but it seems like it going to be them)

2. Sansa and Tyrion

3. Myrcella

4. Somebody from House Tyrell

5. Bronn(from mercenary to knight to lord to king)

6. Stannis(even less likely to win the throne then Bronn, but he's still the man)

I think if Dany doesn't become the villian then I see her as the one who melts down the Iron Throne and seperates the 7K to actual 7 kingdoms.I don't see a throne for anyone to sit right now.Even in one family they play too many games and look at what happened when people played for the 7K.I think in the end North and riverlands will be one kingdom maybe Lannister lands will be theirs too.Other then that I see at least 3 kingdoms not one.And I really think Starks deserve their own kingdom more then Targeryans.

King of Westeros?

There is only one obvious choice: Walder Frey

Now the serious guess:

1. Dany and Jon(I don't like this option, but it seems like it going to be them)

2. Sansa and Tyrion

3. Myrcella

4. Somebody from House Tyrell

5. Bronn(from mercenary to knight to lord to king)

6. Stannis(even less likely to win the throne then Bronn, but he's still the man)

I know it would be cliche, but if Jon does not end up on the iron throne I will be sorely disappointed. It will feel like the 20+ years it took to bring this series to a conclusion would be wasted. Who really wants Stannis, Aegon Mopatis, or Little Finger ruling the Seven Kingdoms?

I think if Dany doesn't become the villian then I see her as the one who melts down the Iron Throne and seperates the 7K to actual 7 kingdoms.I don't see a throne for anyone to sit right now.Even in one family they play too many games and look at what happened when people played for the 7K.I think in the end North and riverlands will be one kingdom maybe Lannister lands will be theirs too.Other then that I see at least 3 kingdoms not one.And I really think Starks deserve their own kingdom more then Targeryans.

Aegon I set out to conquer the Seven Kingdoms b/c he saw the endless carnage due to the countless wars b/t the kingdoms. Dorne, the Reach, and the Stormlands fought border wars beyond count. The ironmen conquered the Riverlands and launched countless raids against the Westerlands and the Reach. The Crownlands were fought over by all the neighboring kingdoms.

Aegon saw what was plain. The lust for control will always exist and as a result, wars would continue w/o end. Resources and lives would be wasted and the kingdoms would remain vulnerable to outside threat.

Aegon was the first to do it, but also think about what the "Ninepenny Kings" set out to accomplish. Eventually some outside force from Essos would have come in and picked the kingdoms off one by one. One king/queen and one land. This is how it should be. Dany has set out to claim her father's throne, not melt it down.

i thinks dany sacrifices herself ala nissa nissa to UnJon's Azor Ahai. Cause she realizes that her purpose are the dragons; and the ability not to rule, but to contribute to a greater cause(the realm's safety)- as a whole. I think Tyrion(who represents the addictive and ego-boosting of the " game of thrones") will be her hand for a time, but his quest for his respective respect and power-mongering ultimatly divides them. She wont sit on the iron throne, but she will have an essential part in deciding its future.

Um... A very large portion of the fanbase actually. I'd say he has more support for Kingship among fans than Dany or Jon.

A huge support for Kingship among fans won't necessary make him the king. "Art is not a democracy. People don't get to vote..." He may have huge support among fans from our world but does he have huge support among fans in Westeros?

Thats your opinion. Personally, I've seen far more support for Jon. Can't support a guy who uses the dark arts to kill his brother and steal his army.

Exactly.

Archived