And the Iron Thrones goes to...

Lady Octarina

On a technical level, the heir to the Iron thrown was always lord of Dragonstone. Robert naming Stannis lord of Dragonstone could be seen as making him heir to the Iron throne. While Renly was lord of Storms End, that does not give him rights to being Roberts heir, Stannis the older brother and lord of Dragonstone was still Roberts heir.

That was Robert's official excuse for passing Stannis over. But Cersei later revealed that passing Stannis over was a slight to the brother he did not like. He passed Stannis over a second time by making Ned his hand. Stannis saw the writing on the wall and left. There is no way in hell Robert ever considered Stannis in his line of succession. You make be right on a technical level, but you are dead wrong on a general level.

Actually, again in a technical sense, you are the one who is dead wrong, as Renly is dead and Stannis is alive lol. But even before then, Renly was never ahead of Stannis that just cannot have been as the queen of thrones said. Robert never officially made Renly heir so that means he still Stannis still was. And in any case when the law becomes muffled might is right and Stannis won.

Actually, again in a technical sense, you are the one who is dead wrong, as Renly is dead and Stannis is alive lol. But even before then, Renly was never ahead of Stannis that just cannot have been as the queen of thrones said. Robert never officially made Renly heir so that means he still Stannis still was. And in any case when the law becomes muffled might is right and Stannis won.

I never was speaking technically. I thought I made that clear. Technically, Joff was the heir. His true parentage has not been proven, only speculated. The Queen of Thornes was speaking from a technical standpoint. In her view Joff was king and what Stannis and Renly were doing was treason. In any case, Renly was not supposed to come before Stannis in ruling the Stormlands. Robert fixed that just like he would have fixed Renly ahead of Stannis had he known his children were Lannister bastards.

Stannis did not win at arms. He won using the dark arts. Might had nothing to do with it. We all know where that got him on the Blackwater. Choosing some idiot to command his navy. My friend you are free to follow Stannis to hell just like the freezing northman right now.

I never was speaking technically. I thought I made that clear. Technically, Joff was the heir. His true parentage has not been proven, only speculated. The Queen of Thornes was speaking from a technical standpoint. In her view Joff was king and what Stannis and Renly were doing was treason. In any case, Renly was not supposed to come before Stannis in ruling the Stormlands. Robert fixed that just like he would have fixed Renly ahead of Stannis had he known his children were Lannister bastards.

Stannis did not win at arms. He won using the dark arts. Might had nothing to do with it. We all know where that got him on the Blackwater. Choosing some idiot to command his navy. My friend you are free to follow Stannis to hell just like the freezing northman right now.

I never said Stannis will take the thrown I just commented on your statement that I can't even really remember but you were saying Renly was above Stannis in the line because of Roberts opinion but Roberts opinion never mattered if he kept it to himself. I know making Renly lord of Storms End was public but he never declared Renly above Stannis in the line of succession for the thrown. But what I would really like to say is that dark magic is might, he killed Renly not the other way around. Might doesn't mean numbers or arms as you said. It means coming out on top. Obviously law went out the window in the first book, and my first sentence in my last post was a joke on your use of the phrase dead wrong, which I am not. My original point remains that Stannis was above Renly in the line of succession, as he was.

I never said Stannis will take the thrown I just commented on your statement that I can't even really remember but you were saying Renly was above Stannis in the line because of Roberts opinion but Roberts opinion never mattered if he kept it to himself. I know making Renly lord of Storms End was public but he never declared Renly above Stannis in the line of succession for the thrown. But what I would really like to say is that dark magic is might, he killed Renly not the other way around. Might doesn't mean numbers or arms as you said. It means coming out on top. Obviously law went out the window in the first book, and my first sentence in my last post was a joke on your use of the phrase dead wrong, which I am not. My original point remains that Stannis was above Renly in the line of succession, as he was.

1. Robert never moved Renly ahead of Stannis b/c he never thought there would be any need. As far as he knew, he had two healthy sons and a daughter to follow him. Additionally, it would make no sense to publicly humiliate Stannis any further. He already passed him over for Storm's End and as his Hand. Anything more would have crushed Stannis.

2. Let me rephrase. Stannis did not win honorably. Assassination is not might. Might is army to army and gutting out a win in impossible circumstances. Thats why I loved Robb. His integrity may have cost him his life, but it also earned him the love and respect of his troops.

i´m not sure if this was discussed yet...

but GRRM said that more people will sit the Iron Throne before it is finally settled.

so when you play the game of thrones you win or you die

Cersei will die as will Tommen, with Jaime away and Kevan dead a dark age is coming for House Lannister.

Martin has said before he sees a "bittersweet" ending for this series, plus the title of the last book was originaly "A Time for Wolves". I think it's likely to be a Stark, I'm guessing Sansa, likely with all the other starks being dead making it pretty bittersweet. I can definitely see Littlefinger getting the throne at the end, marrying Sansa, and then Sansa finally takes him out and as Queen she becomes the ruler.

Martin has said before he sees a "bittersweet" ending for this series, plus the title of the last book was originaly "A Time for Wolves". I think it's likely to be a Stark, I'm guessing Sansa, likely with all the other starks being dead making it pretty bittersweet. I can definitely see Littlefinger getting the throne at the end, marrying Sansa, and then Sansa finally takes him out and as Queen she becomes the ruler.

Bittersweet does not necessarily mean everyone dies. Bran's bittersweet ending would be him being a knight, but he has to warg Hodor in order to do it as his own body is useless and becoming part of a tree. Robb's bittersweet ending was he wanted to be just like Ned, but that integrity cost him his life. Dany's bittersweet ending is she likely will get the throne, but she will be seen as a horrible ruler after fighting Aegon, at least for a while. Jon's bittersweet ending is that he was betrayed, he is not Ned's son, he is the son of a man Ned tried to kill, but he will marry Dany and be king. I still can not guess as to what Rickon, Sansa, or Arya's endings will be though.

I think either Roose Bolton, Ramsay Bolton or Walder Frey will sit the iron throne after killing off everyone else (the bitter), but the book will end with an army of white walkers surrounding the throne and closing in (the sweet). I actually don't think that this is too far-fetched to be immediately discounted.

I would love to see Littlefinger manipulate his way onto the throne because it sure would make for a bittersweet conclusion to that storyline for many and LF is a personal favorite of mine but honestly at this point in the story all that really matters is what's going on at the wall and I don't see anyone not involved with defeating the Others sitting on that uncomfortable iron seat.

I'm going with Tommen staying on the iron throne. He really is the best (and logical) choice and he's hiding in plain sight while everyone is theorizing about Dany and Jon and Aegon and Sansa and basically everyone else in Westeros.

that is interesting. I was about to mention the prophecy about cersei's children (paraphrased)"gold their crowns and gold their shrouds" and how a lot of people think that all three need to be crowned (done at this point) and die before cersei dies. However, it could just mean that the truth of their patronage will be told before cersei dies and they will be buried as Lannisters whenever they die. Personally I think that Tommen will either be killed or exiled by fAegon who will then be deposed by Jon/Dany.

The Lannisters are gone before too long. Although I believe Cersie will be found innocent at trial and Margery guilty. (I know, its a little crackpot, but hear me out.) If Cersie is found innocent, and Margery guilty, she will believe that the prophecy about her is wrong. She will belive she is immune to any threat. However, the Tyrell's won't go down without a fight. It will be fun to watch and see. So no Lannisters, and no Tyrells.

Freys have to go. They are just awful. I hope all the stuff about guest rights and being cursed if you break them wind up true. The Feys have to go down hard.

Stannis is crazy. He'll break.because he won't bend. There is no room for any mercy with him. Melissandre will wind up ruining them both.

The dragon has three heads. So that must mean three rulers. My personal contender for throne winners are Dany, because of the dragons. Jon. I have no idea how Jon will leave the wall and hook up with a dragon queen, but hey, it could happen. Those two are farely obvious. The mystery is head #3. My favorite is Bran. They keep saying Bran will fly one day.

Archived