The Winds of Winter is Going to be a BLOODBATH

Cincinnatus

I kind of hope a lot of POV characters will die in the next book. After Robb and Cat's death (well, sort of death in Cat's case), I began to get the feeling that GRRM had become too attatched to his characters to kill them off.

Davos, Bran, Rickton, Arya, and perhaps The Hound...all ones who could have perhaps died during the course of their stories, but stayed alive in later writings. If this really is the climax of the series (which I beleive it will be), I think a lot more characters should, and hopefully will, die.

It would be easier for me to make a list of the people I think will live to series end :P

Survivors:

Jon Snow

4 Stark kids, yes all of them.

Samwell

Arienne

Brienne

I think Dany is going to die in childbirth, at least that's how I read Mirris prophecy regarding when Drogo will return to her. When she bears a living child she will be with Drogo again (in the afterlife).

Would take too much time to guess how the others will die.

It would be easier for me to make a list of the people I think will live to series end :P

Survivors:

Jon Snow

4 Stark kids, yes all of them.

Samwell

Arienne

Brienne

I think Dany is going to die in childbirth, at least that's how I read Mirris prophecy regarding when Drogo will return to her. When she bears a living child she will be with Drogo again (in the afterlife).

Would take too much time to guess how the others will die.

That's being a tad optimistic surely? The Stark family are the benchmark of suffering when it comes to this series.

Splitting hairs? Yes? Maybe?

Are we talking about the Stark children or when you got circumsized?

Look, this is a forum where the most ridiculously thought-out and researched theories and theorists congregate. It's not nit-picking to say Jon Snow and not Jon Stark. If I said Loras Flowers or Stannis Storm, I'm sure people would speak up. Since Mr. Snow's heritage is so controversial, accuracy when talking about him is especially important, given the social and political dynamics of the story and the thinking that goes on outside it. Jon Snow's a bastard any way you slice it, whether he's Ned's son, Brandon's son, Manderly's son, Moon Boy's son, whatever.

Are we talking about the Stark children or when you got circumsized?

Look, this is a forum where the most ridiculously thought-out and researched theories and theorists congregate. It's not nit-picking to say Jon Snow and not Jon Stark. If I said Loras Flowers or Stannis Storm, I'm sure people would speak up. Since Mr. Snow's heritage is so controversial, accuracy when talking about him is especially important, given the social and political dynamics of the story and the thinking that goes on outside it. Jon Snow's a bastard any way you slice it, whether he's Ned's son, Brandon's son, Manderly's son, Moon Boy's son, whatever.

:mellow:

Okay... I'll just go over there then... :leaving:

:lmao:

That's being a tad optimistic surely? The Stark family are the benchmark of suffering when it comes to this series.

Yes it is. I'm just loath to part with any of them though. I suppose I could give up Sansa if pressed. The rest are off limits, even Rickon (cause he's just a baby!).

Yes it is. I'm just loath to part with any of them though. I suppose I could give up Sansa if pressed. The rest are off limits, even Rickon (cause he's just a baby!).

I know, the Starks are precious to me too! Although I have to accept some of them would die in the future. In case it actually happens and I am not too heartbroken.

two things I think will happen that are implied from foreshadowing. Littlefinger will higher a faceless man to kill sansa (he mentions in the first book the cost of killing a princess with them. Sansa is a princess and set up to royally screw him over in some form.)

Arya promised never to kill her sister. The Faceless men don't have sisters. take from that what you will.

two things I think will happen that are implied from foreshadowing. Littlefinger will higher a faceless man to kill sansa (he mentions in the first book the cost of killing a princess with them. Sansa is a princess and set up to royally screw him over in some form.)

Arya promised never to kill her sister. The Faceless men don't have sisters. take from that what you will.

Uhh, why would Littlefinger want to kill Sansa? At such a high price? Unless she found someway to outmanoeuvre him I suppose.

I'm pretty sure it's stated somewhere that the Faceless men are not allowed to kill people that they know. I could be wrong about this.

ok but faceless men can't kill people they know.

edit: and I think that is stated in ADWD.

POV

Victorian- He is being written as such a glorious idiot, that he must die. Gloriously.

Jon Connington- Grayscale.

Non-POV

The Boltons- Things are stacked against them.

Bowen Marsh- He done fucked up.

Cotter Pyke- May be already dead.

Hizdahr zo Loraq- You don't marry the dragon.

Paxter Redwyne- Defeated by Euron.

Doran- Constantly portrayed as extremely sick

Up In The Air

Lady Stoneheart or Jaime or Brienne- The buildup has been for so long something major has to happen. If only Stoneheart bites it, it'll be an anti-climax. As much as I like them Jaime and Brienne should bite it or have some life alerting moment.

Stannis- Will be revealed as a false Azor Ahai and Melisandre may drop him. Without her he is screwed.

And logically what's the best way to tell if someone is really converted to your side besides having them break an oath and kill their sister.

ok again but I don't think of it as an oath, more as an FM basic principle. still I might be wrong there ;)

Archived