Daenerys Targaryen

Areo Hotah

Arienne Martell

Jon Connington

Aeron Greyjoy

Victarion Greyjoy

Barristan Selmy

Melisandre

GRRM has also said somewhere that since he's got a lot of POVs, he's going to need to start culling them.

That is so stupid if it is true. Seriously, George is good, but sometimes he clearly doesn't know what he's doing when choosing his POV characters, like when he made ser Arys a POV character for the entirety of two chapters! And before anyone starts to argue with this, George has admitted this mistake himself.

He could simply make the POV characters he wants to 'get rid' of no longer POV characters rather than kill them! Problem solved!

I kind of hope a lot of POV characters will die in the next book. After Robb and Cat's death (well, sort of death in Cat's case), I began to get the feeling that GRRM had become too attatched to his characters to kill them off.

Got the same feelings. It's as if not enough important characters have died since then. I'm still hoping it's because it builds up to a lot of ?shocking? deaths in TWOW.

The final book was supposed to be titles A Time for Wolves, but that gave too much away. I wouldn't begin scratching off Stark children just yet.

Really? How do you know, that's awesome! Plus, Jojen said in book 3 that: 'The wolves will come again'. He seems to know his shit, so...

I just hope that Jaime and Theon survive. I have lots of favorites in this series, much more than the usual, but those two are my most favorite characters in the whole series due to how much real and conflicted they are. Jaime is undoubtedly one of the most misunderstood characters in ASOIAF, by the characters not by fans. Jaime's chapters were always the highlight of the books, and thank God we had Theon back on ADWD, considering that Jaime only had one chapter. Theon's chapters were the absolute greatest in the last book, just pure gold.

To my relief, I am 99% sure Jaime is not dying on WOW, at the very least he's not going to die when Brienne delivers him to Lady Stoneheart. If Martin decided to kill him there, it would be one of the most stupid and anti-climatic decisions of all time after the way he's being portrayed in the last books. Not only would he die in the very beginning of the book, but his death would be so simple and unremarkable and without any kind of meaning to it... Just no. I'm pretty sure Cat will make both Jaime and Brienne to prove their loyalty and oaths to her by working together to find Sansa, and considering her persona now, she'll probably demand them to aid her in her quest to annihilate her enemies, the Freys and the Lannisters, which will probably lead to Jaime being asked to kill Cersei, presenting him with another dillema/conflict, where he will have to decide between his oath and the only woman he ever loved in his life, with this being even more accentuated and difficult considering his quest for redemption.

Regarding the people who'll die, Cersei is pretty much going to, and in a way I'm actually pretty sad about that. Her chapters were such a good change of pace it was unreal, no matter what people think of her, she was hilarious. I was incredibly satisfied with those chapters, her incredibly complex yet not that good machinations to set Margaery aside, she being constantly displeased with almost everyone, always bad-mouthing people in her thoughts.... It was pure fun. But yeah, I just don't see her making it much more longer, her role is just not that important anymore, it just looks like she's no longer really fitting in what's happening right now in the story. Her role is done.

The Starks will all live, I don't really see any of them dying. Bran will obviously not die, his true role has just began, Sansa's arc right now is becoming much more important, interesting and high profile, especially considering that almost everyone thinks she's the last Stark alive. Add to this the number of people who are looking for her and yeah... Arya is the same as Bran, not happening. Rickon is possibly the one who faces more danger to his life, and his death could actually serve a purpose but I don't really believe Martin will kill him. Even though I'm not really a fan of the Starks, enough Stark-killing for the nonce.

Victarion's death can be seen a mile away. The hilarious thing is that his death seems so certain it will probably not happen. But I still believe he's going to, he's a complete and utter pawn in his brother's (who I absolutely love) plans. He thinks he's in control of things but he's not. Due to the animosity between both, there's no way Euron will send Victarion on that important journey without putting a spy or more on board, with orders to kill him when their mission is successful or secured or it simply fails. He knows that Victarion hates him and he's ready to betray him when the chance is presented. Victarion's naivety will be his death. Aeron will probably be killed by his brother, not by Euron himself, but at his command. I mean, he's on the Iron Islands preaching against Euron. That just cannot end up good for him.

Tyrion of course lives. Not only because he's the favorite character of Martin, but it's becoming pretty obvious he will have a very important role in Daenerys' arc. With this said, I can see him dying in the last book.

Jon Connington is going to die, obviously. Barristan and Melisandre will die somewhere down the line, but I don't really know if it happens in this book or the last one.

Sam lives. He's one of those that I can see surviving the events of ASOIAF.

Areo will probably die whenever the Martells join forces with Connington's army. I don't really know, this one is just a random guess.

Davos will die during his mission to retrieve Rickon.

I am completely ambivalent towards Asha. But I'll say Stannis executes her for her actions at Deepwood. Of course, if we go by this logic, Stannis will have to kill thousands of people, but yeah. That's it.

By the end of the series...

Tyrion Lannister

Jon Snow

Arya Stark

Sansa Stark

Bran Stark

Davos Seaworth

Theon Greyjoy

Asha Greyjoy

Brienne of Tarth

Samwell Tarly

Cersei Lannister

Jaime Lannister

Daenerys Targaryen

Areo Hotah

Arienne Martell

Jon Connington

Aeron Greyjoy

Victarion Greyjoy

Barristan Selmy

Melisandre

That's my prediction for the dead list anyways. Not who I like and who I don't (I'd trade Dany for Sam any day but...) but we'll see. I imagine the dead list is going to rise exponentially when the Wall falls.

It would be easier for me to make a list of the people I think will live to series end :P

Survivors:

Jon Snow

4 Stark kids, yes all of them.

Samwell

Arienne

Brienne

I think Dany is going to die in childbirth, at least that's how I read Mirris prophecy regarding when Drogo will return to her. When she bears a living child she will be with Drogo again (in the afterlife).

Would take too much time to guess how the others will die.

I agree with a lot, but I think Sansa will die next book. I don't think she deserves to be Lady of Winterfell: she's much more tully than stark, and I think this plot of littlefinger's to marry her to harry the heir is a red herring by GRRM because it seems very unlikely that that's ever going to happen. littlefinger and sansa deaths next book...

I have a feeling Barristan's going to snuff it in the Battle of Slaver's Bay in a sort of 'the eagles are coming!' moment right after he sees Dany arrive on Drogon.

that might not happen, Ser Barristan on Dany's side will carry great weight in the seven kingdoms. i still think he has a role to play and Dany wont arrive at the battle of Maereen she will be in Vaes Dothrak at the Mother of Mountains.

Am I the only one here who considers it plausible that a POV character may simply stop being POV without actually dying? Or at least have limited POV time / less chapters?

No, you are not. I could imagine, that this will happen to a lot of the "lesser" POVs.

I wanted to look at it from a different point of view . who ends up ruling each of big houses finally and make my assumptions about who survives.

Sorry If this has been discussed before I did not read the whole 14 pages on the topic..........

So first

Stark- I was thinking Rickon but then I decided with it being Bran...

Lannisters - Jamie and Brienne. Cersei is going to die I believe....

Vale- Now this is tricky .... Tyrion and Sansa.... (I know it sounds absurd but I can see this happening with Sansa realizing that beauty is not skin deep and finally accepting Tyrion as her husband. LF is gonna die cant help it .............. I don't think Sansa can keep the secret that he pushed her aunt for long........

Dorne - Arienne ......... Now I culdn't pair her with anyone but I haven't read much about her to come to a conclusion.

Baratheon- This is somewhat controversial to me too but I see Rickon and Shireen being married.......

Tyrell------- Margery but i culdnt pair her with anyone either ...............

The big one..........

The Iron throne...........Daenerys is gonna be the final queen ..........Now her husband can be Jon Snow .. Them being Targ's she being her aunt cancels out ......( Am I being too optimistic- This is the final ending I want though) Jon Snow's vow's dont coun't anymore now as his brothers betrayed him......

The Dragons will make them meet where he uses the horn and they respond...

I wanted to look at it from a different point of view . who ends up ruling each of big houses finally and make my assumptions about who survives.

Sorry If this has been discussed before I did not read the whole 14 pages on the topic..........

So first

Stark- I was thinking Rickon but then I decided with it being Bran...

Lannisters - Jamie and Brienne. Cersei is going to die I believe....

Vale- Now this is tricky .... Tyrion and Sansa.... (I know it sounds absurd but I can see this happening with Sansa realizing that beauty is not skin deep and finally accepting Tyrion as her husband. LF is gonna die cant help it .............. I don't think Sansa can keep the secret that he pushed her aunt for long........

Dorne - Arienne ......... Now I culdn't pair her with anyone but I haven't read much about her to come to a conclusion.

Baratheon- This is somewhat controversial to me too but I see Rickon and Shireen being married.......

Tyrell------- Margery but i culdnt pair her with anyone either ...............

The big one..........

The Iron throne...........Daenerys is gonna be the final queen ..........Now her husband can be Jon Snow .. Them being Targ's she being her aunt cancels out ......( Am I being too optimistic- This is the final ending I want though) Jon Snow's vow's dont coun't anymore now as his brothers betrayed him......

The Dragons will make them meet where he uses the horn and they respond...

First of all, I agree with most of it- apart from the stufff where insany-dany wins the throne.

But, although I find it an interesting thought, Jon is not free from his vows because his brothers betrayed him, in essence, he betrayed them as well, so that would free them from their oaths as well. Anytime the watch fought amongst it's own men, both parties still considered themselves outhbound- perhaps not in the case of the Night's King- internall squabble is common in the history of the watch and we have no evidence that one or both parties where freed from their vows, they are for life (in my opinion this doesn't mean till death, it means all the time one is alive, so revivedJon/UnJon is still a sworn brother-but that's for another discussion).

Well maybe he is reborn again in someway and his vows become invalid. He already broke his vows when he decided to march on winterfell. I dont see him acting as the commander of the wall again. He dies as Jon Snow and is reborn as Jon Targ.....

Dany is going to be the final queen, I do believe that............... prolly not with Jon Snow as her husband which I agree is just wishful thinking on my part...

Archived