Tyrion Lannister

Jon Snow

Arya Stark

Sansa Stark

Bran Stark

Theon Greyjoy

Jaime Lannister

Daenerys Targaryen

The Starks will all live, I don't really see any of them dying. Bran will obviously not die, his true role has just began, Sansa's arc right now is becoming much more important, interesting and high profile, especially considering that almost everyone thinks she's the last Stark alive. Add to this the number of people who are looking for her and yeah... Arya is the same as Bran, not happening. Rickon is possibly the one who faces more danger to his life, and his death could actually serve a purpose but I don't really believe Martin will kill him. Even though I'm not really a fan of the Starks, enough Stark-killing for the nonce.

Bran I agree with, and Arya, and Rickon will probably live, but that's a weak argument for keeping Sansa alive. It would be great if people think all the Starks are dead, and then suddenly the remaining three Stark children make a comeback, and as for her story arc becoming more important now, that seems like just the kind of red herring we got before the red wedding. i mean, harry the heir? sansa lady of winterfell? no.

• 3 months later...

If Arya dies I will disown this whole series. Not really, but I would seriously hate that.

Sorry pal I'm almost certain Arya's a "dead girl".

Check this out; Gameofthrones Pg 71 (First Arya Chapter)

"You'll be sewing all through the winter. When the spring thaw comes, they will find your body with a needle still locked tight between your frozen fingers." - Jon Snow

The rule of fantasy is that mentor-figures have targets painted on their backs. Note that pretty much all parent/guardian figures from Book 1 are dead (Ned, Cat...well, un-dead, but she's not really Cat anymore, King Robert, Viserys, Sansa's Septa, Arya's dancing master and her NW road-trip mentor, Tywin, Lysa, 3 of Jon's Wall mentors--Halfhand, The Old Bear, Donal Noye--and probably more I can't think of).

The exceptions are "mentor figures too interestingly evil to kill," such as Cercei and Roose Bolton. Stanis and Davos have kids but aren't actively parenting them.

Anywho, to parlay this observation into future predictions, I think the next people to die will be the following:

Doran - Must die because: his death will put Arianne in a position of rulership, meaning it's suddenly totally up to her weather to align with (f)Aegon. Cause of death: not sure, but maybe a warmongering conspiracy led by Darkstar

Barristan - Must die because: he's the last mentor standing in Dany's storyline. I don't think he'll die at the beginning, and I think he'll tell Dany some important past things before he goes out, but I don't think he'll survive the book. Cause of death: no idea. I think he'll survive the battle of Meereen. I think he'll either die peacefully or in single combat defending Dany.

Davos - Must die because: he's about to be Rickon's mentor. It's possible Davos will make it to book seven and Osha will die in book 6. But by the end they'll both be dead, and Rickon will be in charge of Winterfell for better or worse.

JonCon - Must die because: with Septa Lemore and the boat owners dismissed, he's fAegon's only substantive mentor. fAegon will be left on his own to deal with the reveals that he is in fact Vary's puppet-dragon. Cause of death: Not greyscale...either hari-kari in the face of greyscale or death in battle, possibly because he's being careless on account of not wanting to die of greyscale.

Jaime - Must die because: he's essentially become Brienne's mentor in terms of getting her past her naive ideals about knighthood and honor. I think his last lesson to her will be making her kill him (thus breaking her oath to Catlyn) in order to save Pod.

Depending on how Jon's story goes, I think Melisandre may soon be on the chopping block as well if she resurrects Jon and becomes his mystical mentor.

Edit: Almost forgot the silver lining!

Petyr Baelish - Must die because: he's Sansa's mentor. And now that he's revealed his master plan to the audience there's no way it'll actually work out. In fact I suspect it horribly backfires. Cause of death: the student becomes the master. Or something small and random he didn't account for ironically causes his demise.

Just for TWOW:

High odds of Barristan, Victarion, JonCon, middling odds of Theon and Mel.

Pretty sure if they aren't dead in TWOW they have to die by the end.

Cersei, Jaime, Aeron will be dead by the end.

Arya has a minor chance of dying. I really expect her to take ship back to the Free Cities and it will be said that she was never seen again (or at least recognized).

Bran isn't going anywhere. No one knows where he is anymore, and he is perfectly safe with the CotF.

Rickon will probably inherit Winterfell. He may have a distant epilogue, telling of long-range events from the point of view of old age.

Sansa will survive, but I'm not sure where she will be.

Out of PoV character:

The ones I am certain will die before the end of the book:

prologue character

Cersei

Jaime

Barristan

Melisandre

Catelyn (again)

Ones I think could die:

Brienne (we can only hope)

Areo

Asha

Aeron

Victarion

Davos

Ones I think will leave to see the book 7:

Daenerys

Jon (after being resurrected)

Tyrion

Arya

Sansa

Bran

Arianne

JonCon (because greyscale doesn't act that quickly)

Theon

Samwell

Other major characters:

Aegon - live

Rickon - live

Euron - possibly die

Doran - live

Robin Arryn - die

Tormund - possibly die

Bowen Marsh - die

Hizdahr - die

Wyman - live

Stannis - live, but army crushed and whereabouts unknown (re-emerging in the final book as an antagonist figure)

Daario - possibly die

Brown Ben - live

Darkstar - possibly die

Varys - live

Petyr - possibly die

Penny - die

Blackfish - live

Meera - live

Hodor - live

Jojen - die (I don't believe the 'theory' that Bran was fed Jojen)

Bloodraven - die

Ramsay - die

Roose - possibly die

Sandor - live

Characters who will die in Book 6

My guesses are:

- Tyrion Lannister - Its about time he dies, no one can survive GRRM's books for so long :P

- Theon Greyjoy - He will commit suicide or die due to his health

- Victarion Greyjoy - dead due to his hand

- Jaime Lannister - cz he is the good guy now

- Quentyn Martell - he is long dead and will remain dead, he didnt had skin on him for pete's sake

- Jon Connington - Trying to prove himself loyal to the Targs and out of his frustration will die

- one of the remaining Greyjoys will die between Euron / Aeron

One thing you might notice that I havnt added any of the Starks in my death list, i believe that many Starks have already been killed than any other House and now it will be the vengeance time for them otherwise the Provisional title for ADOS would not be called "

A Time for Wolves". I believe Martin changed that title because it was too obvious

Bran I agree with, and Arya, and Rickon will probably live, but that's a weak argument for keeping Sansa alive. It would be great if people think all the Starks are dead, and then suddenly the remaining three Stark children make a comeback, and as for her story arc becoming more important now, that seems like just the kind of red herring we got before the red wedding. i mean, harry the heir? sansa lady of winterfell? no.

Littlefinger will not let her die unless she is not worth anymore to her but until Rickon is found and brought back by Davos, she will stay alive

1. Bran - lives for the rest of his life North of the wall, never re-unites with his family.
  2. Arya - burns down the Twins, maybe kills Roose Bolton, lives but never reunites with her family.
  3. Sansa - kills Littlefinger after she finds out that he betrayed Ned, lives out her days as Alayne Stone, becomes a behind-the-scenes player, never reunites with her family
  4. Rickon - returns to Winterfell, final POV character
  5. Jon - dies at the Wall fighting the others
  6. Tyrion - dies, fighting the others maybe. It would be cool to see a Tyrion-wight
  7. Jaime - lives, kills Brienne in front of Lady Stoneheart during a trial by combat
  8. Cersei - dies by Jaime's hand
  9. Brienne - dies at Jaime's hand
  10. Stanis - dies at the Wall fighting the others
  11. Melissandre - lives
  12. Davos - lives
  13. Arianne - lives but has no significant effect on the story
  14. Areo Hotah - killed by Darkstar or Balon Swann
  15. Theon Greyjoy - dies while completing a quest for Bran
  16. Asha Greyjoy - lives, ruler of Iron Islands
  17. Victarian Greyjoy - dies, but does a ton of damage because he gets a dragon
  18. Euron Greyjoy - dies due to Aeron Greyjoy's machinations
  19. Aeron Greyjoy - dies at Euron's hands
  20. Sam Tarly - lives, recognized as a hero, confronts his Dad
  21. Danaerys Targaryen - dies in childbirth
  22. Aegon Targaryen - Ends up on the Iron Throne
  23. Jon Connington - dies saving Aegon from something

Cersei will probably die in TWOW, along with Tommen and Myrcella. The stage needs to be set if there is a second dance with dragons. One of Balon's children for sure. Davos is one of my favorites, but I'm not sure what will happen to him. The theory about him dying while retrieving Rickon isn't far-fetched. Based on a comment Martin made, I think at one of the theater interviews, one of the Stark girls will die. When asked what will happen as the actresses get older, he replied "if their characters last that long". Definitely someone involved with the Mereen battle dies in the next book. The real question is what will the Tyrells do when Aegon invades King's Landing if/when they have a fall out with the Lannisters?

Based on a comment Martin made, I think at one of the theater interviews, one of the Stark girls will die. When asked what will happen as the actresses get older, he replied "if their characters last that long".

http://evolvestar.com/img/external/weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/george-r-r-martin-soon-meme.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Tyrion Lannister

Jon Snow

Arya Stark

Sansa Stark

Bran Stark

Davos Seaworth

Theon Greyjoy

Asha Greyjoy

Brienne of Tarth

Samwell Tarly

Cersei Lannister

Jaime Lannister

Daenerys Targaryen

Areo Hotah

Arienne Martell

Jon Connington

Aeron Greyjoy

Victarion Greyjoy

Barristan Selmy

Melisandre

Everybody dead. Just dead

Meh, I see Sansa surviving the series and (hopefully) becoming a game player, because what would be the point of having her under the tutelage of Cersei, Olenna, and LF? Besides the Starks need someone who's political savvy (part the reason why House Stark fell in the first place). No more dead Starks, hopefully Robb was the "sacrificial lamb" so to speak.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know why people think Areo Hotah will die. He had been shown as a competent warrior (easily killed a Knight of the Kingsguard). If anything I think Doran will ask Hotah to kill him when he finds out the prince is dead.

I don't know why people think Areo Hotah will die. He had been shown as a competent warrior (easily killed a Knight of the Kingsguard). If anything I think Doran will ask Hotah to kill him when he finds out the prince is dead.

I agree. Of Darkstar, Ser Balon Swann, Obara Sand, and Areo Hotah, I'm not sure why everyone is jumping to the conclusion of his demise. If anything, Obara is the weakest fighter out of the four.

With Darkstar setup behind the walls of his keep, it may not even come to single combat.

A few comments on a few characters:

Jaime Lannister: He most probably will die, but not immediately. Not in the hands of Lady Stoneheart. He's in his way for redemption, and I think he hasn't got there yet. In order to finish his arch, the Kingslayer should die as a member of the Kingsguard: protecting his king. Tommen and Myrcella definitely won't end the books on the Iron Throne and Jaime won't have a place in any other Kingsguard. Aside from having killed Daenerys' father and his family having killed Jon's, he's lost his sword's hand. Jaime doesn't live until the end, but I hope he'll die with honor.

Samwell Tarly: He's safe, he's the one character that can inform us about what the maesters are doing. And he has daddy issues, his arch won't be complete before they reach a satisfying conclusion.

The Greyjoys: We have a lot of Greyjoy POVs. Who they think they are, Starks? Well, my friends, Starks die like flies, so brace yourselves, winter is coming!

Jon Snow and Daenerys: I think one of them dies. R+L=J is likely true, so both of them are contenders for the Iron Throne. But then what, they will fall in love and marry? I don't know, that seems more Walt Disney than George R. R. Martin. The other solution is having one of them dead. But who? My bet is Dany. Dany started the book as the "legitimate" heir to the IT, Jon will end the book this way. If she really dies, that would be a surprising event comparable to Ned's death and the Red Wedding. Jon would not simply die in a cliffhanger between two books and what's the point of having him killed after bringing him back?

Archived