The Winds of Winter is Going to be a BLOODBATH

Cincinnatus

Everybody is so fixated on that 'bittersweet ending' comment... At what point did you think the books so far were sweet? How many people have died already, and how many more will follow, whether it's named characters or just smallfolk or free folk north of the Wall. The sum of that alone is bittersweet.

A bittersweet ending could also be main characters taking in all the devastation around them after the Others have been driven back or defeated (and that's hoping the humans will win.)

• 2 weeks later...

George has stated this will have a bittersweet ending. Meaning either dany or jon or bith will die. As far as others go the 8th book originally was to be a called a time for wolves meaning the starks will raise some vengeance so some badies will die as long as more goodies with jon or dany being a guarantee.

What 8th book?

The 7th book's provisional title was "A Time for Wolves"

Regarding the Bloodbath that is going to be in TWOW, other than the fighting do you think there will be any natural death due to the actual winter that is going to follow after autumn. I believe most of the armies will be dispersed, destroyed or frozen to death due to winter, lack of supplies, shortage of food etc. The only surviving place would be highgarden, Oldtown, Red Keep and Iron Islands.

Everybody is so fixated on that 'bittersweet ending' comment... At what point did you think the books so far were sweet? How many people have died already, and how many more will follow, whether it's named characters or just smallfolk or free folk north of the Wall. The sum of that alone is bittersweet.

A bittersweet ending could also be main characters taking in all the devastation around them after the Others have been driven back or defeated (and that's hoping the humans will win.)

Quite possible, but I took it to mean that some of the characters we love will die and some of the characters will hate will survive. I agree that the Others will be defeated, but the devastation that results from their invasion will likely be immense.

GRRM also added that the Iron Throne will change hands more times and that the ultimate winner will be a complete surprise that everyone will be happy with.

Meaning Rickon and Shireen IMO.

I hope that Dany dies. In the end during some battle but DIES. DIE DIE DIE LITTLE B..rat. lol

I mean thats because Martin suddenly started to turn EVERYTHING in favor for Dany which is utterly hard to bare. Its so unbelieveably easy for her that she should friggin die sooner or later.

Is it possible to like all the characters? I'm probably one of those rare people that like most of the characters from the book.

Jon. I wouldnt be suprised if he died BUT he was in Sam's prophecy in a dream so eventually this will turn out true.

Stannis is not in ANY prophecy at the moment. For me that means that GRRM is too busy making everything work out for Dany that he just stalls EVERY Stannis plot (Having no clue what to do with him, thats why's he is not dead yet). Not to mention everything seems to go out of favor for him, he is like the opposite of dany but coming to the same centre- dany is getting more harder, Stannis is clumsily getting more charismatic. I'd like to see Stannis ally with everyone, it would be perfect for him to meet gendry and other baratheons again, meet bran, rickon, arya, Dondarrion rebels. Heck, even impregnating Cersei, Dany or Asha ROFL but I think that its most likely that GRRM will think of some stupid idea to kill him, like battle for Winterfell ending up as a draw with everyone, both armies killed or eaten by frostbite or ripping of from Conrad and making Stannis into Colonel Kurz and being killed by Jon, or inserting "And you Jon against me?" from ceasar plot. I think those would be lame endings for him and I surely hope GRRM won't make any crap stories like that. I think that GRRM probably wants but still is not consiously aware of that that Stannis will follow the historical Richard III plot, where Stannis might conquer half of westeros bringing peace and order just to be killed by Dany later on.

Stannis kid will be killed by either Jon or Sam I think or the nightwatch. But it will be hillariously easy for GRRM to make "comeback bastards" either made with asha or some of the wildlings, melisandre or other women. I know he and most of people think that its out of his character (but who else made all those ghosts with melisandre?) but it is really easy to make it in the plot, alot more easier than return Ned to life. Not sure about Stannis wife, but for now she's a blocker of the plot.

Sam will live, he is a spectator like sansa in my opinion. He might do one heroic thing to interfere with the main characters like killing or saving one of them, but probably dying in the process. Same for Sansa I think.

Varys, I'm pretty certain that he will unfortunately survive. I hate him because he is fake backstabbing piece of garbage that pretends to be heroic.

Arya is retreated one, just like Gendry and the other Robert's son. They will eventually come back at some point but they are both more of a spectators like Sam, but more retreated. I think that Those three will take some more part, Arya will meet Gendry again when his situation will evolve, the same his "brother" will probably meet her too and team up with her at some point. Barristan might meet Robert's son too. I bet that Dany will sleep with the Baratheon fugitive on the isles on the road to westeros. But she will split wit him, maybe killing him, maybe having a child with him. Maybe both.

Jaime will die. "You talk alot" meant like a conviction in my opinion. He is miserable and probably will save Sansa and will meet Arya at some point I think, but he will die heroically. If he will survive he will reuinite sansa and arya and meet his brother tyrion once again, but I'm not so sure that he will team up with Dany, I think that if he would meet Dany he would meet the same fate as theon meeting Stannis (no Wonder). Brienne I'm not sure. Shes a spectator that just witnesses bigger events than herself just like Davos, but just like him and Mance Rayder she's got ability of a wildcard, to do one thing that will turn everything upside down. I'd love to see interactions between Davos, Rayder and Stannis after the battle. Rayder teaming up with Stannis is like Han Solo return to help luke skywalker in star wars lol. even Stannis-Jon is pretty similar to Solo-Skywalker with Stannis more interested in personal deal but eventually making friends in the process and changing his agenda for more extrovert-directed (needs of others) like Robert or Dany.

It would be friggin perfect to see Robert and Ned again, even if just a ghosts or returned to life like Ned's wife or Dondarrion or as a ghoul/zombie. It would be incredible to imagine all those interactions between ned/jaime/Cersei or Robert/stannis/Cersei.

I'd love to see more stories about old times when Rheagar Cersei Ned and Robert were young before westeros and the old order changed.

Despite that I wanted Cersei dead I'd like more to see her turning good, getting somewhat redemption from the "white" side like stannis after killing Robert and Ned. I think she is evil probably also because of that she can't move from her castle, everybody want her dead and that's her only safe place and only safe agenda. She isn't really making decissions, she is puppeted by the corrupt citadel in the final books with no place to run or hide. But running away alive is just a fantasy, she will either be corrupt to the bone as a pupped or end up dead trying to turn to the "white side", and I think that will probably be the deal.

I don't care about victarion and other Greyjoys, they might kill some major character but still I don't see them interesting that much except for asha and maybe theon.

Tyrion will survive. He will meet Jaime again I think, if Jaime won't be killed by Stannis if he will survive the siege of winterfell. But one thing I'm pretty sure is that the Freys or some of the Freys will be killed by either Jaime or Stannis. Almost a hundred percent certain of this. I think GRRM favors Jaime a little bit more than Stannis so he will most likely give him the honor. I'm not sure if Tyrion will ally with Dany or ally partially and wander off in the process.

I'd also like to see Dondarrion once again he was probably my favourite character. I mean that would be probably only as a ghoul ghost or zombie but still, having some influence on the events.

I'd like to see the hound finally dead. He has literally no place there anymore. But just like varys and dany he is one of the scum that will never die and just "hang out" till the end of the books.

GRRM also added that the Iron Throne will change hands more times and that the ultimate winner will be a complete surprise that everyone will be happy with.

Meaning Rickon and Shireen IMO.

You're kidding me, right?

Another useless 'oh, but he likes putting the seals on the letters' king, yeah... A puppet is not what anyone needs.

Hasn't it been learned yet that a Stark is better off far away from the IT? Even the Ned knew that, went anyway, and died. Same with Robb.

Another useless 'oh, but he likes putting the seals on the letters' king, yeah... A puppet is not what anyone needs.

Hasn't it been learned yet that a Stark is better off far away from the IT? Even the Ned knew that, went anyway, and died. Same with Robb.

This particular scenario entails the war against the Others claiming the lives of all of the current favorites. The kingdom would be just fine with a good, strong Hand, and a good small council.

Wyman Manderly, Yohn Royce, and Mathis Rowan all make sense in this regard.

I concur. If any Stark is going to sit the IT, it's Jon, and he's a SnowTarg. Besides, I think Val's comments about Shireen being a dead-girl-walking will prove accurate. I think greyscale is going to be a much bigger deal than it has been so far, now that winter is here and whatnot

I'm sorry are we talking about the same Rickon? That little dude's all rage.

I concur. If any Stark is going to sit the IT, it's Jon, and he's a SnowTarg. Besides, I think Val's comments about Shireen being a dead-girl-walking will prove accurate. I think greyscale is going to be a much bigger deal than it has been so far, now that winter is here and whatnot

I'm glad you are so sure about that. No need for GRRM to continue his narrative when you have it all figured out. Greyscale is no stranger to Westeros. Why will it just consume the realm all of a sudden?

I'm sorry are we talking about the same Rickon? That little dude's all rage.

Sure, his entire family has either been annihilated or put to flight. He as much to rage about.

Lets not forget he is only five. His mind has not even begun to fully develop. He is essentially clay that needs a strong father figure to mold him into the man that he can be.

I'm glad you are so sure about that. No need for GRRM to continue his narrative when you have it all figured out. Greyscale is no stranger to Westeros. Why will it just consume the realm all of a sudden?

Settle down buddy, I said "I think." The point of these forums is to speculate and propose ideas. No one, myself or you, knows anything for certain.

As far as greyscale.. because winter has come, that's why. Why would it be introduced at all if it isn't going to have any significance whatsoever. Again, I'm not claiming I "know" anything for certain, for I, like everyone else here, know nothing until the next book comes out.

Settle down buddy, I said "I think." The point of these forums is to speculate and propose ideas. No one, myself or you, knows anything for certain.

As far as greyscale.. because winter has come, that's why. Why would it be introduced at all if it isn't going to have any significance whatsoever. Again, I'm not claiming I "know" anything for certain, for I, like everyone else here, know nothing until the next book comes out.

Thats the point I'm trying to make. Its not being introduced. Greyscale has been around in Westeros probably as long as it has in Essos. Why would it all of a sudden become an epidemic?

I always thought that little Arryn and the little Lannister will be a future main characters. Everybody thinks that little arryn is almost dead. I think that if there is going to be a fast forward around 10 years then I think that young arryn and young Lannister will take big part in this. Not so sure about Shireen thou.

Fat Walda means introduced as in brought up by GRRM as a prominent part of the narrative, not introduced as a new disease in Westeros. The approaching winter was mentioned as an exacerbating factor that could make the disease worse than it has been.

Its not a prominent part on the entire narrative. Not in the way supporters of the theory are trying to portray it. Its important as it restricts the time that Jon Connington has left and could negatively effect his decision making. Also, is his disease is somehow discovered, it would severely undermine his command.

Its not a prominent part on the entire narrative. Not in the way supporters of the theory are trying to portray it. Its important as it restricts the time that Jon Connington has left and could negatively effect his decision making. Also, is his disease is somehow discovered, it would severely undermine his command.

It's my humble opinion that GRRM slowly introduced greyscale into the narrative to set-up its spreading once winter comes. Since it seems like this idea personally offends you on a deep, fundamental level for some reason or another, let's just agree to disagree.

Archived