The Winds of Winter is Going to be a BLOODBATH

Cincinnatus

GRRM also added that the Iron Throne will change hands more times and that the ultimate winner will be a complete surprise that everyone will be happy with.

Does anyone really foresee a true "winner" in this mess? Imho, there will be no IT left at the end of this tale, possibly no KL either. (Ragnarök, here we come!)

The big issue, for me, is no matter what kind of outcome we have, if the seasonal imbalance isn't solved, nobody could possibly survive. The food situation in Westeros necessitates a very short winter, or everyone will starve. The expected 10 year winter to correspond to the 10 year summer just will not support everyone, even with a false spring at some point.

Does anyone really foresee a true "winner" in this mess? Imho, there will be no IT left at the end of this tale, possibly no KL either. (Ragnarök, here we come!)

Ditto. I'm hoping that the kingdoms end up breaking apart at the end. I don't see it becoming 7 kingdoms again but I can imagine it being 3 or 4 kingdoms.

I concur. If any Stark is going to sit the IT, it's Jon, and he's a SnowTarg. Besides, I think Val's comments about Shireen being a dead-girl-walking will prove accurate. I think greyscale is going to be a much bigger deal than it has been so far, now that winter is here and whatnot

You sum it up really well; he's a snowy Targ ;p

The big issue, for me, is no matter what kind of outcome we have, if the seasonal imbalance isn't solved, nobody could possibly survive. The food situation in Westeros necessitates a very short winter, or everyone will starve. The expected 10 year winter to correspond to the 10 year summer just will not support everyone, even with a false spring at some point.

Yeah, the pending gloomy weather issues, along with various greyscale vectors in the mix, may truly make spring only a dream. Maybe a little help from R'hlorr or the weirwood gods? I'm almost expecting the "dream of spring" to be the final thought of Branroot in the wintery epilogue of the last book in the series, with any survivors huddling in caves, feeding off the leaves and frozen dead things.

Too bitter than sweet?

GRRM also added that the Iron Throne will change hands more times and that the ultimate winner will be a complete surprise that everyone will be happy with.

Meaning Rickon and Shireen IMO.

I hope you're right, because in that case, Queen Shireen Baratheon, the First of her Name, would need a Regent and it's very likely that he would be Davos Seaworth. Having Davos on the Iron Throne would make me so happy!

Wouldn't it be Sand, as Tower of Joy is in Dorne?

I mean, Mia Stone and Edric Flowers both are King Bob's bastards

Edric Storm*

Anyway, I thought that the Tower of Joy is in the Stormlands, bordering Dorne. If so, that would make him Jon Storm (which is kind of badass)

George has stated this will have a bittersweet ending. Meaning either dany or jon or bith will die. As far as others go the 8th book originally was to be a called a time for wolves meaning the starks will raise some vengeance so some badies will die as long as more goodies with jon or dany being a guarantee.

What is this 8th book? Has it progressed beyond Seven/A Dream of Spring since I last frequented these boards early in the year?

Edric Storm*

Anyway, I thought that the Tower of Joy is in the Stormlands, bordering Dorne. If so, that would make him Jon Storm (which is kind of badass)

What is this 8th book? Has it progressed beyond Seven/A Dream of Spring since I last frequented these boards early in the year?

I believe it must have been a typo where he meant to say 3 instead of 8. In any case, while many people seem to suspect there will need to be an 8th book, and that even includes the Mrs. GRRM, he himself still says 7.

I believe it must have been a typo where he meant to say 3 instead of 8. In any case, while many people seem to suspect there will need to be an 8th book, and that even includes the Mrs. GRRM, he himself still says 7.

Firstly, what was the point in quoting me there?

And secondly, can you link to something that says that Mrs Martin believes he will need 8? I read the whole of SSM, and every time that sort of topic came up, it was always GRRM saying 6 books and her saying 7.

And secondly, can you link to something that says that Mrs Martin believes he will need 8? I read the whole of SSM, and every time that sort of topic came up, it was always GRRM saying 6 books and her saying 7.

My mistake I meant to quote the topic my second quote quoted, and no, I choose to believe what I read on here, whether that is a mistake or not, meaning I don't search for quotes.

I saw a recent interview of GRRM (within the past week or so) where he said that he still thinks he can wrap it up in 7 books. But, that left the possibility of book 8.

I saw a recent interview of GRRM (within the past week or so) where he said that he still thinks he can wrap it up in 7 books. But, that left the possibility of book 8.

I'm constantly freaking out that if he chooses to write 3 more books instead of 2 that he may die before then (and leave the series unfinished). Plus, George has (as of book 4) been writing verrrrrryyyyyy slowly and an 8th book wouldn't be out till 2025 or so.

Quite possible, but I took it to mean that some of the characters we love will die and some of the characters will hate will survive. I agree that the Others will be defeated, but the devastation that results from their invasion will likely be immense.

Meaning Rickon and Shireen IMO.

I always thought that Stannis would end up on the Iron Throne but not for very long. I could certainly see chaos in Kings Landing and the throne changing hands a few times before some PtwP or AA showing up to set things right.

• 6 months later...

By the end of the series...

Tyrion Lannister

Samwell Tarly

That's my prediction for the dead list anyways. Not who I like and who I don't (I'd trade Dany for Sam any day but...) but we'll see. I imagine the dead list is going to rise exponentially when the Wall falls.

No that can't happen. Please!!!!

Archived