The Winds of Winter is Going to be a BLOODBATH

Cincinnatus

I have two ways of going at this. One is based on the pattern i believe i found (see that own thread.) The other is just my best guess. I'll list my best guessed here.

Areo Hotah becomes Aegon's Kingsguard since Aegon is supposed to be married to Arianna, and Hotah is perfect bodyguard material.

Tyrion, lives since there needs to be a good lannister left.

Jon is cool.

Arya becomes a Faceless Woman and is hired by Littlefinger to kill Sansa after Sansa becomes a major player and ousts Littlefinger

Bran is good because he has to stop the Other's atleast for Winds of Winter

Davos Seaworth- he's so dead.

Theon I honestly think is going to live and redeem himself. possibly through the Wall.

Asha I think is finally going to get her crown in some way.

Brienne- doubt she'll last sadly.

Sam is good as could be

Cersei- BURN HER!

Jaime- my bet is he dies protecting Tommen

Connington-doesn't survive or is exiled because of his greyscale giving Areo a reason to exist.

Arianne-lives and marries Aegon

Aeron-dies not sure how yet but he does.

Victarion-fights Euron and dies

Selmy-doesn't outlive Dany who I think is going to live a while longer.

Melisandre- I have no idea.

I'd be interested in reading the pattern. I searched for you as the author though & it only gave me this thread. Can you post a link to the other?

Tyrion Lannister - Alive (Being GRRM's favourite character I think he will definitely be alive in the last book).
Jon Snow - Alive (I am a firm believer of the whole "Jon Snow is the ASOIAF")
Arya Stark - Dead (perhaps killed during an assassination mission to kill Cersei or Ilyn Payne)
Sansa Stark - Alive (Ruling the Eyerie or a part of the North)
Bran Stark - Alive (safe in the tunnels beneath the Weirwood tree and controlling all manner of animals and people)
Davos Seaworth - Dead (takes an arrow or dies protecting Stannis although I hope he dosent die)
Theon Greyjoy - Alive (got a feeling that somehow Reek will escape Stannis and end up back on the Iron Islands)
Asha Greyjoy - Dead (not sure how she will go from Westeros)
Brienne of Tarth - Dead (she will die when she duels Jamie in a trial by combat -she will have the upper hand but refuse to kill him)
Samwell Tarly - Alive (will become involved in a huge conspiracy at the Citadel)
Cersei Lannister - Dead (will die with Jaime due to the whole "leave this world together")
Jaime Lannister - Dead (See above)
Daenerys Targaryen - Alive (although I think she will lose a dragon or two at this point)
Areo Hotah - Dead (don't really see his story going anywhere important)
Arienne Martell - Alive (I hope she stays alive!)
Jon Connington - Dead (dies of Greyscale or dies while fighting for Aegon)
Aeron Greyjoy - Dead (dies at sea - maybe by a Kraken?)
Victarion Greyjoy - Dead (gets roasted by one of Dany's dragons or decapitated by Barristan)
Barristan Selmy - Dead (I would be crushed if he lost by single combat so hopefullly by some other means)
Melisandre - Dead (killed by Davos or Stannis)

Okay so there are 20 POV characters still alive at the time of the next book and GRRM has confirmed that the character split will end in this book. The best way I can figure for this to work out is if there are a lot more corpses by the end of this book. The 20 POV characters that have not been confirmed deceased are:

Tyrion Lannister

Jon Snow

Arya Stark

Sansa Stark

Bran Stark

Davos Seaworth

Theon Greyjoy

Asha Greyjoy

Brienne of Tarth

Samwell Tarly

Cersei Lannister

Jaime Lannister

Daenerys Targaryen

Areo Hotah

Arienne Martell

Jon Connington

Aeron Greyjoy

Victarion Greyjoy

Barristan Selmy

Melisandre

I have a feeling that roughly half of these are going to be dead by the end of the eighth book. Any bets on who?

Will live: Tyrion, Jon, Arya, Sansa, Bran, Dany, Connington.

Might die: Everybody else.

I think Tyrion will be alive and write the 'Song' at the finale. He has been everywhere and knows almost everyone. Winterfell, the Wall, The Eryie, Kings Landing, Pentos, Volantis, Mereen, Casterly Rock. He's fought in the battles, he's dealt with all the players, treated with mountain men, sellswords, made dealings with Dorne, etc.

I think every other POV is in danger of not making it. Didn't GRRM say the whole thing ends with a field of graves covered in either ash or ice? (something like that)

POV characters

Theon Greyjoy

Davos Seaworth

Cersei Lannister

Brienne of Tarth

Areo Hotah

Aeron Greyjoy

Asha Greyjoy

Melisandre

Barristan Selmy

Jon Connighton

Non-POV characters

Margaery Tyrell

Jeyne Westerling(and her family)

Penny

Obara Sand

Darkstar

Tommen Baratheon

Myrsella Baratheon

Jojen Reed

Shireen Baratheon

Bran will become a tree. Sansa might end up ruling as Queen in the North, Riverlands, and Vale with Littlefinger as her hand. Jon is going to become a Targaryen, learn how to fly, ride into battle with one foot on Ghost and the other on Summer, shoot bolts of lightning out of his cock to slay the Others, and rule all of Westeros with Dolorous Edd as his hand, Arya is going to kill her list of people off and then resume training with the faceless men and disappear. Rickon is going to end up like Mowgli in the Jungle Book on Skagos and become a unicorn rider with not a care in the world. Lady Stoneheart is going to keep on killin' Freys, Boltons, and Lannisters until her flesh rots off. Hell, Frankenrobbwind might even make a ghostly appearance and tear out the Late Lord Frey's entrails. In other words, GRRM's Stark killing spree is at an end. As for the other POV characters, with the exception of Daenerys, they all might die. Daenerys' fate might resemble Jon's, only in Essos.

I'll list when I think they'll die, as all men must die

Davos Seaworth = TWOW
Theon Greyjoy = TWOW (as of ADWD he's already got his redemption saving fArya)
Brienne of Tarth = TWOW
Areo Hotah = TWOW
Jon Connington = TWOW
Aeron Greyjoy = TWOW
Victarion Greyjoy = TWOW
Barristan Selmy = TWOW

Arya Stark = ADOS (I don't see her living in the end--she'll have a choice to either join her reuniting family or fulfill her revenge quest and in the end she'll choose revenge over her family and end up dead because of it)
Asha Greyjoy = ADOS (I think there's more yet to her story that she'll survive at least to here)
Samwell Tarly = ADOS (as much as I like Sam, I think he's going to bite the dust eventually)
Cersei Lannister = ADOS
Jaime Lannister = ADOS
Daenerys Targaryen = ADOS
Arienne Martell = ADOS
Melisandre = ADOS

Tyrion Lannister = Post-ADOS/End of ADOS
Jon Snow = Post-ADOS/End of ADOS
Sansa Stark = Post-ADOS/End of ADOS (I kinda have my doubts about her as well, but for now I'll put her here)
Bran Stark = Post-ADOS/End of ADOS

Arya Stark - Dead (perhaps killed during an assassination mission to kill Cersei or Ilyn Payne)

I don't think Ilyn Payne is important enough for Arya to kill, I think that's a lesson show Arya learned when she realised she could have used one of her lives on Tywin.

Tyrion Lannister- will live
Jon Snow- is dead, will play a part in Ghost
Arya Stark- will live
Sansa Stark- I fear may die but might be last book
Bran Stark- will live as a tree
Davos Seaworth- will live to bring Rickon back and then his story will end. Hopefully going home to his wife and kids
Theon Greyjoy- Will die
Asha Greyjoy- Will live
Brienne of Tarth- Will die (heck already has half her face bitten off, arm broke, ribs broke)
Samwell Tarly- Will live
Cersei Lannister- Will die but not sure if in tWOW or aDoS
Jaime Lannister- Will die with Cersei
Daenerys Targaryen- Will live till the last book
Areo Hotah- Will die
Arienne Martell- Will die with Aegon, which might not be till the last book
Jon Connington- Will die- is already dieing
Aeron Greyjoy- Will die
Victarion Greyjoy- Will live
Barristan Selmy- Will die
Melisandre- Will die trying to fight the Others at the wall, but will let them through/bring down the wall by accident

So, I have seven dieing (or story's ending) in tWOW.

I think Arya will still be alive, as will Bran (though he will most likely living as a tree), Tyrion too. Jaime I'd like to make it, but I have a feeling it just ain't gonna happen. I have a feeling Jon isn't dead, but whether or not he'll live on as himself or as Ghost I'm not sure.

Everyone else is fair game.

Tyrion Lannister - Possibly has the wits to survive

Jon Snow - Ressurected by Mel, no idea though what will happen from there. Considering how the traitors sent to infiltrate and kill him, are probably going to be killed, I'm not sure the rest of the group is going to be so happy with an undead Jon, even if he isn't a wrath or something horrible, think Berric.

Arya Stark - I don't like her prophecy!!! ;_; Sounds like dying, fighting off the others. Maybe somehow, pulls a Hound. "Wolf Girl" dies and "Arya" lives on. Hopefully with Gendry...

Sansa Stark- Has possibilities to live, but very dangerous.

Bran Stark- Going to become the next BloodRaven, or something even beyond him. Bran can warg into things Bloodraven can't as well as use the trees to speak, which is unheard of. I think Jojen, Meera and Hodor will all die. Very bittersweet, especially due to his love for Meera.

Davos Seaworth- Might just make it, he's got a lot of luck and wits

Theon Greyjoy- dead, sacrifice or bran does something epic at the tree to save him, he redeems himself before death.

Asha Greyjoy- lives? Have not seen foreshadowing of otherwise.

Brienne of Tarth- I hope for her to end up with Jamie but I dunno :(

Samwell Tarly - So afraid is going to die. We have no idea why Ja'quen is after this specific book or his intentions, Sam can easily get in the way. Or be poisoned, etc.

Cersei Lannister - Dead, is strangled probably by Jamie after loosing her sanity.

Jaime Lannister- Hopefully lives on with Brienne- The twins live and die together has already been obviously smashed and noted several times. They are no longer the pair they were.

Daenerys Targaryen - Sad feeling but I think she dies :( I'm betting killed by Varys

Areo Hotah- no idea

Arienne Martell - going to wage war due to misunderstanding against Dany

Jon Connington- Going to kill Aegon because he keeps ignoring his own greyscale and gets taken over. Ironic feeling of him killing the one thing he has spent his life protecting.

Aeron Greyjoy - doubt will live, maybe eaten by a dragon?

Victarion Greyjoy - I get the feeling he or Aeron is the one on the ship dead and smiling from Danys vision

Barristan Selmy - Age says no, wits and skill say maybe

Melisandre - no idea. No one is really out to get her per say, but she is going to be interesting nonetheless.

Well, let's see...TWOW opens with 2 huge battles, so guaranteed a few deaths there. Offhand, I'd say Barristan is toast, and Vic. Up North, at least a couple of main characters are done, hopefully neither Wyman nor Stannis, but because I'm rooting for them and they're among my favourites, they're probably done like dinner. Same for Davos :( Same for Sansa :(

I actually think Asha and Theon will live through the novel. Maybe not ADOS, but I'd be surprised if Theon wasn't there near the end.

I wouldn't be surprised if Margaery dies, then hell breaks loose as fAegon attacks KL. JonCon, fAegon, and most of the KL crew dying is a fairly safe bet.

In the West, hopefully at least a few Greyjoy uncles die. I hope Arianne makes it, but that probably means she's dead, too. :(

Sam's gotta make it! Everyone loves Sam! Although that probably means he dies, too.

• 1 year later...

Meh, I see Sansa surviving the series and (hopefully) becoming a game player, because what would be the point of having her under the tutelage of Cersei, Olenna, and LF? Besides the Starks need someone who's political savvy (part the reason why House Stark fell in the first place). No more dead Starks, hopefully Robb was the "sacrificial lamb" so to speak.

I am just expecting the worst for Sansa... I just do not trust GRRM though I hope for Sansa to survive. It makes no sense for to have been developed so long, just to die. 

I think Arya will still be alive, as will Bran (though he will most likely living as a tree), Tyrion too. Jaime I'd like to make it, but I have a feeling it just ain't gonna happen. I have a feeling Jon isn't dead, but whether or not he'll live on as himself or as Ghost I'm not sure.

Everyone else is fair game.

Arya will die and warg into Nymeria, allowing that Chekov's Gun to go off at a very fortuitous time for those Arya will want to aid.  She will of course eventually fade as time passes (who are you child. . .no one), but all the wolf chilid/wolf heart comments about her wild nature I think foreshadow this final fate pretty clearly.

We have several POV for Mereen, of different sides of the fighting, to describe the battle, but not all are needed in the aftermath. There is also the political resolution and resolvement within Mereen, regarding the Harpy. I expect Mereen to end in a complete political disaster, swallowing itself whole. And then there's the IB fleet to help Dany get back to Westeros with an army.

• Barristan Selmy - he'll survive the battle of Mereen, but is bamboozled by the Harpy, and I think he will get assassinated. So, he dies end of WoW, leaving Tyrion as the POV to the politics of Mereen.
  • Victarion Greyjoy - lasts for a while, focused on the dragonbinding plot, until Dany returns to Mereen and can become the POV to use his fleet to return to Westeros. He won't be needed for info on Euron anymore, since either Tyrion or Dany can serve just as well. So, I expect him to die before the end of WoW.
  • Tyrion Lannister - becomes the main political POV of Mereen and parlay with Vic, while Dany is absent. He lasts until at least, aDoS

The POVs at the Wall. We'll need a non-Jon POV for a while about the events that follow after the attempt on Jon's life.

• Melisandre - the only possible POV at the Wall, without immediately revealing Jon's consciousness at least surviving, and whatever needs to be done to save/heal/resurrect him. At some point I expect her to leave the Wall. She won't die before the battle against the Others. Might be the end of WoW, start of DoS. But she'll die.
  • Jon Snow - will become POV again before the Others arrive, remains the POV to show us this part of the story, until at least aDoS. Personally, I think he'll survive.

Winterfell and Northern related battles to smash the Boltons, and witness Stannis' arc.

• Theon Greyjoy - I think he will be used for a covert action, and he's needed to challenge the kingsmoot that made Euron king, but dies afterwards.
  • Asha Greyjoy - will be the POV for the battle of Ice and WF. Will get her brother to Pyke. I think she survives.
  • Davos Seaworth - the Skagos plot and Rickon's arc. Rejoins Stannis around the time that Theon and Asha can split for the Iron Islands. I think he survives, and will live to tell how Stannis died.

Braavos plot. Only one POV.

• Arya Stark - she remains in Braavos throughout WoW and won't return to Westeros before aDoS. I think she survives. And she also is a POV for RL events in WoW through Nym.

Vale plot. Only one POV.

• Sansa Stark - she remains in the Vale, until they are called to move for the RL and the North. She survives.

Overall plot, with the weirnet.

• Bran Stark - both with visions through the weirnet and the abiity to skinchange Hodor to tell us about what happens North of the wall and Meera, he survives until the end.

RL plot

• Brienne of Tarth: will be a POV in some of the guerilla actions taken by the BwB against Lannisters and Freys, and keep us updated about Gendry
  • Jaime Lannister: will show us some of the inner workings and present status of the BwB. He either gets killed in the RL, or he manages to return to KL and die there.
  • Arya Stark skinchanging Nym: shows us how the wolf pack helps the BwB, might be a witness to LS's end.

KL plot

• Cersei Lannister: we'll learn how she'll screw over the Tyrells, and how she will attempt to burn KL with the coming of Aegon. She'll die toward the end of WoW.

Aegon plot

• Arienne Martell: she survives JonCon. We'll get news about Aegon's fast take over of the Stormlands, and will be the POV for the confrontation between Dany and Aegon. She might survive to return to Dorne and become the ruling Princess there. But the overripe fruit splashing onto the water gardens suggests to me she'll die.
  • Jon Connington: military POV + insight on Aegon. Survives until KL. But dies there, also toward the end of WoW.

Dorne plot

• Areo Hotah: POV regarding the news of the outcome of Balon's hunt for Darkstar, Quentyn's death and how all of Doran's plans fail and his children perish. He dies, also in WoW.

Reach plot, both on Citadel, IB, Hightowers

• Samwell Tarly: survives

Euron and IB

• Aeron Greyjoy: will turn up to help organize a new kingsmoot. Won't survive

Dothraki, going to Westeros, defeating Stannis, defeating Aegon, end-game battle

• Daenerys Targaryen: survives at least until far into DoS

Conclusion:

These characters will die imo in WoW

• Aeron
  • Areo Hotah
  • Jon Connington
  • Cersei Lannister
  • Jaime Lannister
  • Barristan Selmy
  • Victarion
  • Melisandre
  • Theon Greyjoy
  • Arianne Martell

That's half of the POV's gone by the end of WoW.

Oh man, please! Please let at least half of those suckers bite the dust. Let them fall left and right. Let them die in the chapters of others so we can avoid having another chapter from their POV.

My Culling Day wishlist:

Asha

Areo

Aeron

Victarion

Selmy

Arianne

Connington

Cersei

Tyrion (I can dream, can't I?)

Jaime

Davos

Mellisandre

and Theon

Disclaimer: I actually like quite a few of those characters, but I can't see them survive the series.

Archived