The Winds of Winter is Going to be a BLOODBATH

Cincinnatus

Connington is at severe risk and has a substantial probability of dying soon. Some of the Greyjoys certainly must die but it is not clear which ones. I suspect that either Euron will dispose of Victarion or Victarion will usurp Euron's position in the Daenerys plan but that one of them will survive some way into TWOW. Of the other three Greyjoy POVs, some will die but one or maybe two will probably endure.

Daenerys is not going to die in TWOW barring some hugely unexpected twist. However, it is entirely plausible that she will die in the final book. There is decent chance she survives it all though.

Jon Snow has reasonable chances of surviving the entire series. Perhaps a bit higher than Daenerys. There is some risk that the plan is to make their continued existences mutually exclusive: either he survives or she does.

Rickon will probably never die; the only purpose it would really serve is to get rid of his claims to Winterfell.

Sansa has some of the best odds of surviving the series. She is one of the least likely characters to die.

Arya is also unlikely to die but not as unlikely. I think that she is going to get even more enmeshed in the Faceless Man business before possibly ditching them.

Bran will most likely survive but may never come back south of the Wall. In any case, he will at least survive TWOW, even if he does not have many chapters.

Cersei will certainly die; it is only a matter of how long it takes. Roose, Ramsay, and many Freys are marked for guaranteed death. Qyburn will probably die at some point, possibly in TWOW.

Davos probably will survive quite a while longer. Hard to tell about his longer term prospects, though. Will probably die heroically if he dies at all.

Melisandre is not going to die immediately. She has many secrets to reveal and probably has some hidden plot significance that has not yet been unleashed. Has considerable chance of dying though once the uanswered questions about her are answered and once her end game has initiated.

Stannis and Aegon both have decent chances at taking the throne. Both have considerable risk of death upon said throne though. Especially Aegon.

Hopefully Jorah Mormont survives and has a reconcilliation with Daenerys, rejoining her Queen's Guard. Far from certain that he will make through the series though.

Varys and Littlefinger are likely to die at some point. Particularly Littlefinger.

Jaime or Brienne may die but there is a considerable chance that one of them survives until deep into the final book.

As long as Jon Snow, Davos Seaworth, Asha Greyjoy, Jaime Lannister, Brienne, and Arya Stark are still alive - I will be relatively...pleased. And those are just the POV characters that I love. I also want Theon to stay alive, but gods know he's dead meat. Although it'd be funny if he survived since everyone and their mum wants him dead. Maybe Davos will pop up with Rickon and everyone will realized that Theon didn't kill the Stark boys after all - and then just forget about him. I picture him having a redeeming death a hell of a lot more than Jaime though.

But yeah...I don't think I'm going to be a happy camper by the end of TWoW. I have a feeling it's going to be a lot like A Storm of Swords - in which half of the characters (and population) die horribly tragic and traumatizing deaths. Instead of everyone dying at weddings though, it'll be something else - like funerals or religious ceremonies.

A bit off topic ... sorry for this.

I get a creepy feeling we may see more of people surviving in the books, maybe some in the lists up thread, while they are killed off before their time in the TV adaptation :frown5: .

The interviews from the set of Season II talk about that fans will see that no major character is safe and that some will not make it. They seem to talk plural here.

This is ACOK they are shooting, so I wonder ... if major characters will not make it in Season 2 - who are they killing off?

What do you guys think?

ETA Spoiler for ACOK

The only major character who died in ACOK I can think of is Renly

I'm thinking possible deaths right at the start of WoW, from chapters moved from DwD? Great way to start what is hopefully a solid book where the plot starts moving a lot faster again.

I so agree with that !!!

This is ACOK they are shooting, so I wonder ... if major characters will not make it in Season 2 - who are they killing off?

Renly for sure...

Possibilities about Benjen, but that'd be stupid.

Jeor Mormont.

Dalla ?

Beric Dondarion ?

Doreah ? Iqqi ? Rakharo ? .....?

Reek.

Armory Loch.

Tywin ??????

Luwin, Rodrik Cassel, Old Nan...

Lysa Arryn ?

All in all, apart from Renly, Old Nan, Rodrik Cassel, Luwin, Reek, Loch, Doreah, Beric Dondarion (and you know about him)... that should be the only real deaths...

But it is strongly possible, they kill Jeor in this season.

Maybe Ygritt too.

I can't see the TV series killing off any major characters that weren't killed off in the books. Killing Mago and ripping Marillion's tongue out can easily be gotten around later, but they can't have Tyrion die in the Battle of the Blackwater or something stupid like that without changing the entire course of the series.

The series cannot undergo more Starktermination. No.

Tyrion Lannister - may be safe but will not find out 'where whores go'. I want him to get a happy ending but alas...

Bran Stark- GET OUT OF THE CAVE GET OUT OF THE CAVE GET OUT OF THE CAVE and you'll be fine.

Arya - read somewhere that Mrs GRRM has forbade her death.

Davos Seaworth - had better get back to that poor wife of his eventually.

Theon Greyjoy redemption or no, he'll kick the bucket.

Asha Greyjoy...most of the Greyjoys will go, but I think her and Nuncle Aeron are safest.

Brienne of Tarth will die in a knightly way, maybe fighting side by side with Jaime...

Samwell Tarly - hopefully will forge his chain, go back to the wall, but his fat pink mast can still pay Gilly a visit every now and then...ewewew

Cersei Lannister if the gods are good

Jaime Lannister

Daenerys Targaryen - I think too much time, emotion and prophecy has been invested in her for her to be killed. At least not until the end very final book.

Areo Hotah

Arienne Martell marries Aegon, who is either fake or dies from catching greyscale, and Arianne returns to Dorne to marry a Dayne. She'll be queen of Dorne once Westeros fragments into several kingdoms. Which it will.

Jon Connington

Aeron Greyjoy probably the most likely Greyjoy to survive.

Victarion Greyjoy hopefully takes Euron down with him.

Barristan Selmy dies as a knight. He will get an awesome send off.

Melisandre die...bitch, just die. Bring Jon back, then die.

Also:

Jojen duh

Littlefinger will pay for all of his meddling...he will pay for what he did to Ned, he will pay. Varys probably won't make it either, but has a higher survival rate than LF.

A Tyrell maybe Mace, maybe Loras, maybe Garlan...not all, but they are not safe.

UnCat will run into Jon at some point and go mental.

It would make things tougher if all the characters were dead. That's like my old idea for an episode of E.R. --- a huge explosion kills all the annoying doctors. On that show, it would have made the program more watchable to get rid of the characters. But for Clash of Kings I'd recommend leaving the characters alive.

These are the characters from that list of POVs that I think will be alive at the end of the series, and I mean alive in the same state they are now, not like UnCat or warging an animal or something like that:

Tyrion Lannister

Sansa Stark

Samwell Tarly

Asha Greyjoy

Brienne of Tarth

Arienne Martell

Dead:

Jon Snow (will be there but warged into something/someone else most likely, may not get any more POVs)

Arya Stark (I think she'll end up dead in the faceless men's temple after having done something she can't live with)

Bran Stark (I think he's going to be a tree)

Davos Seaworth (will die saving Rickon I think)

Theon Greyjoy (does anyone think this series' version of Gollum can survive at this point?)

Cersei Lannister (too many enemies)

Jaime Lannister (see above)

Daenerys Targaryen (ditto the two above, plus she's still naive)

Areo Hotah (who really cares anyway)

Jon Connington (greyscale)

Aeron Greyjoy (old man, will die doing somethin noble I think)

Victarion Greyjoy (too badass, he'll take on the wrong person someday)

Barristan Selmy (will sacrifice himself to save Dany, but I think in the end it will be a moot point)

Melisandre (skulls. I see skulls)

Oh dang, I was just making my predictions for the next book. For the end of the series it's

Tyrion Lannister

Jon Snow

Arya Stark

Sansa Stark

Bran Stark

Davos Seaworth

Theon Greyjoy

Asha Greyjoy

Brienne of Tarth

Samwell Tarly

Cersei Lannister

Jaime Lannister

Daenerys Targaryen

Areo Hotah

Arienne Martell

Jon Connington

Aeron Greyjoy

Victarion Greyjoy

Barristan Selmy

Melisandre

This is more logical.

Tyrion Lannister

Jon Snow **

Arya Stark **

Sansa Stark**

Bran Stark

Davos Seaworth

Theon Greyjoy

Asha Greyjoy

Brienne of Tarth

Samwell Tarly

Cersei Lannister

Jaime Lannister

Daenerys Targaryen **

Areo Hotah

Arienne Martell

Jon Connington

Aeron Greyjoy

Victarion Greyjoy

Barristan Selmy

Melisandre

** One of these Starks may "die" 1st pick Arya saving a family member from harm, 2nd choice Jon saving the realm from annihilation, Sansa I want to live but if symbolism means anything she may sacrifice or be sacrificed for her family ( But I really hope she lives).

That wouldn't suprise me. There's too much going on in Storm of Swords to have it all happen in one season. It'll definitely be spread over 2 or 3 and maybe interspersed with stuff from other books. Problem is, if they don't spread it out enough, they'll catch up to George before he's done writing the book series.

Tyrell deaths of some kind of virtually certain in TWOW but it is hard to tell which ones they may be. Mace has good chances of ending the book as a corpse while there is some risk for Margaery as that would have massive implications and consequences for the story's direction. Loras, even if he was unharmed or never went to Dragonstone, has a decent chance of dying through some means. Willas is not likely to die though.

For the other characters dying in tv there are a few extra actors on the set and there have been two actresses cast as two different Jeyne's.

Also i had an idea, Aeron is the prologue character in WOW and summons a kraken.

Oh and what did happen in Clash of Kings that involves ALOT of deaths? sack of winterfell.

I try to refrain from making guesses with these books lol. I usually end up feeling like a fool. I know this is supposed to be a guess for Winds of Winter, but mine's mainly for the rest of the series.

Tyrion Lannister - of all the characters, he is the one I'm most uncertain about. I've had a feeling of dread for him for a long time, but I am going to go

with him surviving (maybe just wishful thinking though)

Jon Snow - will live

Arya Stark --- Either Sansa or Arya will die, but I don't know which one. If I had to take a shot in the dark it would be Sansa though

Sansa Stark /

Bran Stark - will either die before the series ends, or live forever

Davos Seaworth - his days are numbered

Theon Greyjoy - will die redeeming himself

Asha Greyjoy - will live

Brienne of Tarth - will die, perhaps protecting Jaime or Sansa (this may just be wishful thinking though as I find her annoying and boring)

Samwell Tarly - will live

Cersei Lannister - will die, at least before the series ends

Jaime Lannister - will live

Daenerys Targaryen - will live

Areo Hotah - will probably live bc I feel like he is too insignificant a character to die lol; doesn't fit Martin's style:p However, he will not get many POV ch.

Arienne Martell - will live

Jon Connington - will die, whether of greyscale or a sword I couldn't say

Aeron Greyjoy - his days are numbered

Victarion Greyjoy - will die

Barristan Selmy - again may be wishful thinking, but I think he will survive at least to the very last book. He will definetly make it back to Westeros.

Melisandre - will die at some point (probably not in Winds of Winter)

Archived