The Winds of Winter is Going to be a BLOODBATH

Cincinnatus

• 2 months later...

I'm going to try to resurrect this thread instead of starting a new one.

My thought is that aDoS will have to focus heavily on the battle with the Others. Therefore a lot of threads may have to be resolved by the end of TWOW in order to leave enough room for the focus being on the Others.

these are the POVs left, and here's my prediction of who will die and why:

Tyrion Lannister

Jon Snow

Arya Stark

Sansa Stark

Bran Stark

Davos Seaworth

Theon Greyjoy - dead - The Boltons are pretty screwed. I think Stannis will defeat them, not just by having them crash through the ice and drown, but also by having Manderly let him into Winterfell. Therefore, Theon doesn't have much left to do except to die in order to resurrect Jon

Asha Greyjoy

Brienne of Tarth

Samwell Tarly

Cersei Lannister - dead - we've all had a good laugh at her craziness, but I think both Tommen and Myrcella will die in TWOW, and Cersei will get strangled by Jamie right at the end. After all, the Lannister storyline in Kings Landing would be quite boring compared to the invasion by the Others. She's done. Serves no purpose. Better and more evil beings than her will be the focus in the last book.

Jaime Lannister

Daenerys Targaryen

Areo Hotah - dead - do we REALLY need him in Dorne? We don't. Nothing much is happening there. Myrcella is being sent back to KL. Arienne is searching for (f)Ageon. The Sand Snakes have left. And Doran is just doing some intense thinking. We can always have Arienne ride back in a tizzy if something important has to be done.

Arienne Martell

Jon Connington - dead - you delivered (f)Aegon. Good for you. fight some battles. Yadda yadda yadda. Oh crap, the Second Dance og Dragons. Now (f)Aegon has to stand on his own two feet without your help. Plus, we may have Arienne teling the story of what happens, or Tyron who returns with Dany

Aeron Greyjoy - dead - Euron will not let you live, and what's happening on the Iron Islands is not that important until Victarion returns with Dany. This one will prob be killed in the middle of TWOW.

Victarion Greyjoy

Barristan Selmy

Melisandre

We'd still be left with 15 POVs. So a lot. Enough to tell the story. I'll probably come back to this post 2 years from now when TWOW comes out to see what I got right and wrong.

Out of the original PoVs, the only ones I can see dying are Tyrion, Jon, and Dany.

Tyrion makes the perfect character to kill. It will give George a major book 1 character to kill (and prove he isn't completely in love with the guy lol), and the way I see it Tyrion's arc can only end with death. He is getting pushed deeper and deeper into exile and he will ending up have a calm and desired passing.

I really think all three Stark children will live.

Tyrion Lannister - even though he escaped death many times, he's not immortal

Jon Snow - need confirmation

Arya Stark

Sansa Stark

Bran Stark

Davos Seaworth

Theon Greyjoy - he's time is ticking, sadly

Asha Greyjoy

Brienne of Tarth - honorable people don't usually lived long

Samwell Tarly

Cersei Lannister - prophecy! prophecy!

Jaime Lannister - the thing he'll do for love, follow Cersei

Daenerys Targaryen

Areo Hotah - will follow the fate of Arys Oakheart

Arienne Martell

Jon Connington - greyscale

Aeron Greyjoy - Euron will drown him

Victarion Greyjoy - fried calamari

Barristan Selmy - for Dany

Melisandre - Stannis will eventually get tired of her failed prophecies

Edit: The Starks are not always safe. One of them might be in danger now, sad to say. :(

For all I care, the POVs in Dorne can all be killed in a couple of sentences in WoW, because I've never really cared about them other than as fluff added to the world building. Same goes for most of the Greyjoys. Theon has redeemed himself and thus outlived his expiration date, Asha was never really important to anyone but Theon and Victarion and his subplot are just... meh. As much as I like the Cthulhu-worshipping pirates of the Iron Islands, I really just want to see Damphair again.

These are the ones I'd like to see in aDoS:

Dany

Tyrion

Jon

Cersei

Bran

Arya

DAVOS!

Brienne

Aeron

I don't see why some characters like Sansa, Sam, Jaime, Barristan and Melisandre can't be retired from their status as POV without having to kill them. They can still be around and be a heavy influence on the rest of the POV characters.

For all I care, the POVs in Dorne can all be killed in a couple of sentences in WoW, because I've never really cared about them other than as fluff added to the world building. Same goes for most of the Greyjoys. Theon has redeemed himself and thus outlived his expiration date, Asha was never really important to anyone but Theon and Victarion and his subplot are just... meh. As much as I like the Cthulhu-worshipping pirates of the Iron Islands, I really just want to see Damphair again.

These are the ones I'd like to see in aDoS:

Dany

Tyrion

Jon

Cersei

Bran

Arya

DAVOS!

Brienne

Aeron

I don't see why some characters like Sansa, Sam, Jaime, Barristan and Melisandre can't be retired from their status as POV without having to kill them. They can still be around and be a heavy influence on the rest of the POV characters.

I do hope that we're back to around 10 POVs for the final book. Hopefully TWoW starts to do that.

Oh dang, I was just making my predictions for the next book. For the end of the series it's

Tyrion Lannister

Jon Snow

Arya Stark

Sansa Stark

Bran Stark

Davos Seaworth

Theon Greyjoy

Asha Greyjoy

Brienne of Tarth

Samwell Tarly

Cersei Lannister

Jaime Lannister

Daenerys Targaryen

Areo Hotah

Arienne Martell

Jon Connington

Aeron Greyjoy

Victarion Greyjoy

Barristan Selmy

Melisandre

I think GRRM inserted himself as Sam Tarley and Tyrion Lannister. They wont be dying anytime soon.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay so there are 20 POV characters still alive at the time of the next book and GRRM has confirmed that the character split will end in this book. The best way I can figure for this to work out is if there are a lot more corpses by the end of this book. The 20 POV characters that have not been confirmed deceased are:

Tyrion Lannister

Jon Snow

Arya Stark

Sansa Stark

Bran Stark

Davos Seaworth

Theon Greyjoy

Asha Greyjoy

Brienne of Tarth

Samwell Tarly

Cersei Lannister

Jaime Lannister

Daenerys Targaryen

Areo Hotah

Arienne Martell

Jon Connington

Aeron Greyjoy

Victarion Greyjoy

Barristan Selmy

Melisandre

I have a feeling that roughly half of these are going to be dead by the end of the eighth book. Any bets on who?

I have this theory that there's gonna be a huge catastrophe in the Vale, so Sansa. Also Barristan, I can totally see Ser Jorah killing him out of revenge for his exile. Maybe also Melisandre who will sacrifice herself to save Jon? And Victarion, I have a funny feeling, will be dragon food. Either Asha Greyjoy or Brienne would also be my bet: Asha never had any real purpose in the series other than to antagonize Theon, and it looks like he's over that now, and unless GRRM has somewhere else to go with Brienne, I could totally see her letting Jaime kill her in a trial by combat at the hands of Lady Stoneheart.

Tyrion Lannister

Jon Snow

Arya Stark

Sansa Stark

Bran Stark

Davos Seaworth -> Killed by wights in the north

Theon Greyjoy -> Killed by wights in the north

Asha Greyjoy

Brienne of Tarth

Samwell Tarly

Cersei Lannister

Jaime Lannister -> Killed by the others in the north

Daenerys Targaryen

Areo Hotah

Arienne Martell

Jon Connington -> Greyscale

Aeron Greyjoy -> Killed by the others in the north

Victarion Greyjoy

Barristan Selmy -> Killed in mereen

Melisandre -> killed by night's watchmen

Think I posted this somewhere else already too. But I expect lots of deaths at the hands of the others

There seems to be a lot of Jon and Dany will marry ideas. But consider this. If Aegon is fake, and the dance with dragons means a war between two dragons, doesnt that suggest that two dragons must be in the war on opposite sides? That would suggest that Jon, not fAegon (if he is fake, then he really isnt a dragon; therefore, no dance with dragons would take place), will sit opposite to DT in the second dance. Just throwing this out there.

Where is it said? Can anyone confirm? I can not imagine the books without this model POV chapters.

I think you're a little confused. He didn't mean the end of the POV writing style. Just the end of the rather messy practise of partitioning character groups to different books (ala FfC and DwD) to allow them all to complete their narratives within a single volume.

P.s. what evidence is there of the "Fake Aegon" speculation. I must have missed something because that didn't occur to me until I visited this site where it seems to be accepted as common knowledge.

There seems to be a lot of Jon and Dany will marry ideas. But consider this. If Aegon is fake, and the dance with dragons means a war between two dragons, doesnt that suggest that two dragons must be in the war on opposite sides? That would suggest that Jon, not fAegon (if he is fake, then he really isnt a dragon; therefore, no dance with dragons would take place), will sit opposite to DT in the second dance. Just throwing this out there.

YES OH GOD YES!!!!

YES OH GOD YES!!!!

From the way GRRM wrote the scene with Dany and Drogon and then Quentyn and the other two, getting control of a dragon(bind,Warg, Skinchange) is the actual dance part. It is not meant as a fight between dragons rather than the coupling of dragon and master.

I think you're a little confused. He didn't mean the end of the POV writing style. Just the end of the rather messy practise of partitioning character groups to different books (ala FfC and DwD) to allow them all to complete their narratives within a single volume.

P.s. what evidence is there of the "Fake Aegon" speculation. I must have missed something because that didn't occur to me until I visited this site where it seems to be accepted as common knowledge.

The speculation comes from Kevan's final Small Council meeting and the fact that they all believe little Aegon was killed by the Mountain. Plus there is the fact that Kevan knows that his own little nephew is a fake.

Ok so it is impossibly difficult to discern which characters will live in die in this universe (who saw the red wedding coming that soon). That being said I am going to put in my hopes for each character with a bit of logical reasoning for each as the way the series has progressed thus far. (deaths at the end of the sentence for each)

Tyrion Lannister-he will live. There has to be a lannister that survives the entire series. He is my favorite character of the series and if he dies i will have a meltdown. I see him winning the Second Son's over to Dany's side and fighting with her for the time being until they get back to Westeros. After that I have no idea of his fate.

Jon Snow-well seeing as he should be dead after what happened to him at the end of ADWD he will obviously be alive. he will go on fighting the good fight in the North against the others until Dany comes over with Tyrion and her dragons and utterly demolishes the others. he will be lord commander of the Night's Watch until the end of his days.

Arya Stark-one of my other favorite characters. After reading many of the responses on the board it seems as though many think she will die. I however think she will live. She will be contracted to kill Sansa but will realize who she is when she actually comes face to face with her. Thus she will kill Littlefinger instead, forsake the faceless men, and realized she is Stark. I believe she will go back to her list of who needs to die and will ultimately kill everyone on the list until no more are left and at that point will disappear.

Sansa Stark-god she is so boring. If there is one Stark left to be killed I hope it is her. Her wolf died early on so that does not bode well for her. I think she will make it through TWOW but will die trying to save her sister in ADOS.

Bran Stark-He will become a tree. Never leaving that cave.

Davos Seaworth-Davos is such a god intentioned individual. He will die trying to save Rickon in TWOW

Theon Greyjoy-Will die trying to redeem himself though I am not sure if it is in WOW or ADOS

Asha Greyjoy-will rule the Iron Islands and keep being the slut she is.

Brienne of Tarth-will die with Jaime sometime in TWOW. They will get away from unCat but will die back to back.

Samwell Tarly-head maester at Castle Black

Cersei Lannister-will die in TWOW. I love this bitch. I know she is pure evil but you have to love her. She only wants the best for her name and her family even if she goes about everything the complete wrong way. She will be tried by the faith, found guilty, and beheaded. TWOW

Jaime Lannister-see Brienne

Daenerys Targaryen-Dany has had her ups and downs in the series but I think she will take the time away and alone with her dragon to become a ruler. She has been found by the khalasar that has wanted her killed but now that she has the dragon this large khalasar will join her, retake Meereen, join Victarion and Tyrion and sail to Westeros. There she will destroy the threat of the Others, by rejoiced by the common folk and will win the Iron Throne. She will sit the Iron Throne until she is pregnant where she dies and rejoins Khal Drogo.

Areo Hotah-so boring. Though he will serve Doran until he dies then Will serve Arienne and chase after Darkstar. Will die in the confrontation with Darkstar. TWOW

Arienne Martell-Why does everything in Dorne have to be so boring. I really dont care what happens to her but I think she will live. She will marry Aegon, though he will not be who he says he is and will have no claim to the iron throne. Dany will have him killed and she will marry some high lord again and live out her days.

Jon Connington-death via greyscale in TWOW

Aeron Greyjoy-summoning some kraken will take down the Crow's eye but it will be the last thing he does. He will die in TWOW

Victarion Greyjoy-He will join with Dany, smash Meereen, bring her to Westeros and will try to marry her. She will not want this as she has had bad luck with her husbands and refuse him. He will be taken aback, then try and kill her but will pay the ultimate price by being burned by her dragons in ADOS.

Barristan Selmy-will die protecting his Queen in ADOS but not before returning to Westeros

Melisandre-I really dont care what happens to this slut. I hope she dies and soon though because her chapters annoy the piss out of me. Prediction is that she angers Stannis and he has her burned.

So to recap:

Survivors: Tyrion, Jon, Arya, Bran, Asha, Sam, Arienne

Dead in TWOW: Davos, Brienne, Cersie, Jamie, Areo, Connington, Aeron, Melisandre

Dead in ADOS: Sansa, Theon, Dany, Victarion, Barriston

Archived